Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
TSD Fiction #01 (nod)
Moderators: Judeau, Mortecha, Rico
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject:  TSD Fiction #01 (nod) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was raining, not the type of rain you used to get up until 30 years ago, this was thick, greenish rain that was caused by spores and pollution mixing up in the atmosphere.

A GDI APC was parked outside the abandoned tech centre and the commando team it carried was securing the entrances. They were being watched.
Not too far away Sammiel watched the GDI Commandos busy themselves cracking the door security codes with leisure his Personal Stealth unit concealing him. The APC's turret focused on the lamppost that Sammiel was leaning against the AI control system perhaps noticing the slight distortion where Sammiel stood, but it soon lost interest, Sammiel Activated the comm in his helmet.

"Seeing this?" he Asked into the comm.
"Clear as you can hope" came a reply; it was Brother Adam who was perched on a cliff 600 yards away staring through a sniper's scope.
"Call for an air strike, not too soon though, this could be...interesting" said Sammiel smirking inside his helmet
"Done, sirens ok?" replied Adam
"That fast? Am I getting predictable?" said Sammiel his smile broadening
"heh, maybe you are brother? anyway you have 5 minutes" said Adam with mirth

Sammiel turned to watch the GDI soldiers, two of the five were guarding the doors three had gone inside, the sound of gunfire came from inside and soon after two Mutants emerged from the front doors with their hands on their heads flanked by the three GDI commandos.
Sammiel looked surprised, not that you could tell, he was invisible and even if he wasn’t his helmet wouldn’t have let you see.

"Adam!?" he said sounding rather alarmed into the comm
"I know exactly what you are thinking" Replied Adam
"If there were mutants in there they might know something..." said Sammiel apprehensively
"Air strike is on the way, but i wouldn’t want to risk it" said Adam decisively
"Right then, on my mark get the mutants, il take care of the APC so don’t worry about that" Ordered Sammiel

Sammiel Ran from his lamppost to the nearest cover, a collapsed building 100 yards from the APC he rested his laser rifle on a broken wall and aimed at the APC turret.

"Mark" he said into the comm with utter finality

Sammiel deactivated and reactivated his cloak in a split second, the APC turret Snapped to face him, but lacked a target lock so didn’t fire, Sammiel squeezed the trigger of his rifle and with a burst of crimson light the APC's sensor lens Exploded into a shower of sparks and blobs of melted glass.
The GDI Commandos and the mutants stared Awestruck at the sight of the explosion before they had a chance to react with a *Thwip* one of the mutant's head exploded into a shower of Red and green flesh, rather similar to a watermelon exploding, the GDI commandos who had now managed to gather their wits had taken cover inside the tech centre, the other mutant was making a break for it across open ground, seconds later his head exploded like a ripe melon.

"Air strike is now" warned Adam.
"Got it" acknowledged Sammiel who had broken into a run in the opposite direction of the tech centre.

Seconds later there was a Roar as 3 siren bombers flew overhead, they dispatched their payloads of plasma bombs over the tech centre, having not heard any fire since their APC exploded the GDI Commandos exited the Tech centre and looked around puzzled, just in time to notice the canisters of green death falling their way.
There was an incandescent flash of light and the telltale glowing green "splash" that signifies a plasma detonation, the all that remained of the old tech centre was a pile of rubble and a scorched crater.

"You think we should go back to base now?" asked Adam
"Yeah it feels like that time" replied Sammiel panting

Last edited by Ackron on Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate when you make NOD kill GDI soldiers...
It makes me want to write another fiction...

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
I hate when you make NOD kill GDI soldiers...
It makes me want to write another fiction...

Good guys don't always win.

Dunk!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good story Ackron, can you do some more?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awsome. I always loved Nod stories better the GDI stories.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there will be more, from both GDI and Nod perspectives. the fact im trying to stress is that neither GDI or nod are the badguys this time around.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A very enjoyable read (And easy to read, which helps).  Its beautifully crafted, I feel. It fits the TS[D] universe very well, it just works.
I look forward to reading more of these, as it will help add depth to TSD.
A very nice piece of fan-fiction, bring on more!

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it isnt technically fan fiction as i am a TSD staff member #Tongue that makes it official fiction.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reflects excellently on what Nod is good at

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon