Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
On the Subject of Warez
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [63 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject:  On the Subject of Warez Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, this has been debated recently, on and off forum, and I think I should clear everything up here. The PPM forums do NOT sanction Warez, or support it in any way.

I, as an admin, don't speak for PPM on this forum. My opinions are my own, and if I support warez (under certain conditions, of course), that doesn't mean that PPM does.

The rules are pretty clear about Warez on the forum. You cannot post links to pirated software, or to websites that have pirated software, or warez forums, etc. You CAN talk about it, and discuss it. If you start a topic about the ethical implications of warez, we aren't going to crush you with a huge mallet. Just make sure you don't post any links to warez, or warez sites.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: TEH DUMMIES GUIDE TO WAREZ ON TEH PPM FORUM!!!111 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The dummies guide to warez on the PPM Forum

X The WRONG thing to do

Advertising.

Charles: Hey guys! Get all your warez here! www.heyguysgetallyourwarezhere.com

Hosting.

Charles: The site doesnt work for you? Okay, I'll uploads all the warez booty to PPM!

----------

The RIGHT thing to do
Charles: I hate warez! Warez is bad! Do NOT get warez!

However, if under discussion...

Charles: I don't have Photoshop. But I just downloaded it.

Notice he didnt say where he got it from, folks?

Charles: Have a nice day!

You too, Charles! Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excelent guide, Tapek Wink. Definitelly, the best Very Happy.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Advertising.

Charles: Boy, I love warez! You should try warez too! It's great!

thatrs isntr advertising anything specific, or is it tellign ahy1 where to get it, its just sum1's opinion

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dooffy. It's clearly advertising warez programs.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no he is talking about warez, he would b advertising if he was sayin sum thing like,

Wow, this ripped version of PSP7 is so cool, (i dont class that as advertising any way, its just sumthing he would like)

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is considerd advertising dooffy if you tell someone that the should get it it's advertising.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no thats advice,

advertising would b sumthing like,

HE Jimmy, go and get a crakced version of windows at www.allthewarexyouneed.com, and tell all your freind to download it

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do coca-cola TELL you to go and buy coca-cola, no, its advertising.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice example, Tratos.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good guide Tapek!

Warez are bad and illegal!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

things dotn have to b advertised to be sold, plus i dont like coca cola #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but if you advertise, it sells much more...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, but u dont buy warez #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Advertisement is not used only for people buy things, but also for people use things, visit places and get things.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, i know that

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, now you got it... and well, understood... I hope we have no problems with that now...

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah ok, ill try not to talk and "advertise" warez or anything, but u gota stop be so mean to me :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( (Wink)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

too meny posts, anyway, by ur definition saying warez is advertising (goign by the coca cola post)

so ur all breakign the rules acording to the stupid warez rules (note linking is normal, person saying i love warez and geting a warning, etc thats just stupid)

if ur gona allow ppl to use the word warez u can't say ur not alowed to say u liek it.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, who here likes or uses at least sumthing they should of payed for but didnt

*puts hands up couple hundred times*

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Stu, but, unfortunately, I'm one vote out of 3 #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the terms of service and we should follow it to keep being hosted.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I mean is that I don't think that's the correct way to interpret the terms of service.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no comments...

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loool. Yes, that I can agree is advertising. "GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY!" is NOT advertising, though.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sk8rkid aint advertising, he is telling or asking people to go there

Hey why dont u check of www.blahblahblah.com is advertsiing

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i bet the terms of servese is liek CZW, where ur not alowed Warez comtence this would mean no files, no tutorials, no actual information on it, it don't mean someoen can't say "i love warez" on a forum.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Advertising: The activity of attracting public attention to a product or business, as by paid announcements in the print, broadcast, or electronic media.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saying i love warez isn't advertising ffs advertising is when u tell ppl to see it or drink it, its not saying i love bla.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only Doug can resolve this issue.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just cos he own the domain, and the space, dosent mean he is gona b right

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesnt matter. What doug says goes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

however, he has a terms of service as well with his host. So, theorically, only his host would be able to solve it... but probably has a terms of service with the service that provides them the backbone and some other stuff that has probably terms of service with something else until.... reachs the american govern that protects software industries and dont wanna see warez near them... oh yeah... btw, CIA or FBI is watching you Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if dougs host were the 1's who were gona solve this then u might as well go to ur ztyping president to find out whats illegal or not.

and tapek your wrong, like what i just said, if its up to dougs host, u might as well go ask ur president

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh, i'd shut up if i were you

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well get doug in here then to "clear up" this issue.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stu, Doug already TOLD us that talking about Warez was allowed. Banshee refuses to concede that saying that someone uses warez is not advertising. I follow the Terms of Service regarding this issue, and NOT Banshee's invented rules. It's up to you guys whose rules you follow.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, thast why i wont shut up cos banshee makign made up rules

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane, I invented that? No, Doug has confirmed and explained that... you still refuse to accept that and... Silent Bob, I suggest you to follow kopaka's advice in this moment Wink...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have the best idea in the world, GET DOUG TO POST HERE , that is the only way to get things clear.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, YOU'RE refusing to accept that Advertising requires a link. That has been confirmed. We aren't going to lose hosting over discussing something. Doug has already confirmed that only advertising is allowed, not discussion, but you wont listen when anyone tells you what Advertising is.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wonder if anyone reads my posts......... do what i said in my post and everythign will b made totaly clear, cos only doug knows what he thinks.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I read em stu. But I'm stayin on Banshee's side for once (Hey he's out numbered and has a point.)

All hail me

D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype OFF, no 1 tells me to shut up and gets away with it

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG DOUG post here.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bob, do not turn this thread into a flaming fight. You've been warned.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does doug ever read ppm's forum?

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey dont warn me, he sohouldnt fo told me shut up, if u r gona warn me, warn him as well

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He wasn't insulting you, he was offering some advice.
Any more replies concerning this will be removed.

This entire thread is getting offtopic. The Anti-Warez rule is here to stay, its the hosts ToS. So please stop arguing about it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [63 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon