Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Coronia Galaxies
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:  Coronia Galaxies Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive never modded anything like this before, the only thing i modde was to make everything free on RA2 ^_^ and everything on ALLIES do like 9999 damage per shot ^_^.

I wish to create a total conversion (suicide i know) and ill need help. I need Coders, Modelers, Mappers, and whatever else :O

I myself can do textures and 2d Graphics pretty damn well.

The Mod i plan on making is futuristic where an evil corporation is stealing energy from the planet and turning it into Power (based on FF7 Mako Energy but i call this Theremo Energy... not Thermo). This corporation has gotten so powerful it has built an army and plans on global domination.
At the same time an Alien race is trying to conquer the planet.
Earth needs to strike back against the two foes so Nations Unite.

Last edited by Magusan on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this idea, but I don't really know much about Generals/ZH modding; I'm trying to expand my own knowledge with tutorials and experience, but it doesn't work the same way as with TS/FS or RA2/YR. Confused Not very many people here mod Generals/ZH (I think). Can someone else help him, like Clazzy or Banshee?

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding Generals isnt that much different from modding RA2 (I THINK)

Generals work with .BIG files whereas RA2 is .MIX

i dont know how you go about changing units yet, i aint had a look at all the .BIG yet #Tongue

if someone could give me an insight of what is where, it will be muchly appretiated.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals is unlike other modding due to the fact you need 3d models to work with, RA2 uses voxels so it's pretty good standard with the tools you have at the moment (from PPM, like VSEIII). If you sit in front of the screen for a couple of hours working on a couple test-voxels and admire/study other people's good voxels you can figure out how the general gist of it works (that's how I learned out, I looked at voxels from Stingerr and Ackron). Generals on the other hand is a whole new pie to eat as you need to be good with modelling, and it's no easy task to learn either (interface has 100 new scary buttons and it's hard to navigate, but I'm just a beginner in modelling myself..)

However, if you do mod Generals and do a good job on it, you'll probably be successful.

Any good modeller would tell you to get 3ds Max (a really good modelling program that top modellers use in game making). However the cost is phenominal.

But I tell you something, don't jump into the water, think about it. A mod is a commitment. And if you don't know how to use 3ds Max or other modelling programs, you're going to be struggling (and hiring people to teach you as well as buying the books). I haven't hired people to train me yet, but I'm already at the stage where I had to buy "how to use 3ds max" books.

3ds Max can also be used as a valuble asset to make the best quality SHP's for RA2 around too. Examples include Exodus (take a look at those buildings #Tongue).

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 3Dmax7, i can use it but not very well, but you dont need to be exceptional with it as Generals Models (like vehicles) are not as complication as other models such as HL2, i'm familiar with using it as i made a few fps weapons for a game made in ga€memaker. Tonight i will find it (somewhere on my comp.) draw up a test "theremo tank" (not thermo) by attempting to edit one of the exsisting tanks (so i can get the size right).

ill post up how it goes,

Oh, i need a conception artist too who is an excellent freehand drawer.

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick question, how do i get w3d into 3dsMAX7???
Impoert is nto an option this sux0rz Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Export your models into .3ds format and use GMAX to export it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

gamemate
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is just the way you get the files "exported" into the game, but I am sure that would have been the next question so it is something needed to know anyway Wink

To import the w3d into 3d studio max you will need Coolfile´s script, you can find it here

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That link doesnt work for some strange obscure and mythilogical reason :O

Can you post a link that works?
thanks Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You were unlucky when you tried it. It worked here. Just remember that this is a FTP link, although I doubt your browser would have problems with that... at least my Firefox 1.5.0.1 worked fine.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It worked now (Just bloody slow at receiving file info haha) anywho, im the worst modeler EVER! lol i think ill stick to concept and skining OH and fiddling around with BIG files to figure out which contains what.

If anyoen wishes to Help on this mod please contact me, ill need all the help i can Smile in the mean time ill draw up some concept art ofa few of the tanks Smile

------------------------------ EDIT-------------------------------

does making top front and side views in paint count as concept art???
lol if so have a look at the Theremo Tank

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa I really like the idea of this. I would like to help.
I can make models I'm pretty good at it, and still getting better.
To show you I'll make a model of that theremo tank.
And I can do a lot of other things.
I wanted to make a generals mod someday but my ideas were crap.
So count me in. (I only have to get myself a copy of ZH somewhere)
Oh and does someone know a tutorial about making particles or how they work(gunfire,explosions)

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see cool, im looking forward to it (btw in case u havnt gathered it hovers so dont put tracks on it lol), i also added you to msn

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok We really need a coder, someone interested we could use all the help.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats actually a pretty good and workable way of presenting a concept, you could make a voxel based on that picture.

I advise the mod leader to be the primary coder as that way you can easily decide what exactly you do with your mod.

also i dont get how geothermal power is evil.

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron wrote:
also i dont get how geothermal power is evil.

The user uses it for evil purposes, so not the power is evil but the user.

And I know about the coding stuff, but the problem is that Magusan and me are not the best coders. so we need someone for that. (oh and an concept artist, and more just tell where you are good at.)

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not GeoThermal energy lol, im assuming u play FF7, or have played it and familiar with Mako energy... well thast what it basically is but called THEREMO ENERGY due to copywright laws (also i hatethe name Mako) so Theremo corp is evil for using the enerny in an evil way (as stated by fellshyun) and because its killing the planet :O

The sides so far (planning)

Theremo Corp. (evil organisation takign over world and fighting off aliens)
Alian Swarm (aliens trying to conquer the planet)
Human Resistance (United Nations of the globe raisinf up agains ttheremo corps army and fighting off the aliens

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty cool looking mod, ive never modded Generals nor do i own a copy so im pretty much useless just thought id tell you nice concept. (for the mod, although i like the tank aswell.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I'd show some progress, to show it's really sorta becoming something.

Here A pic with A hover tank For theremo and behind it the Theremo Powerplant. The plant hasen't got textures yet and the tank has standard paladin texture(going to be changed)

Second The Alien. The primary unit for the Alien side

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, I like Smile hmm....the alien looks like a bit too familiar to the old sci-fi movie aliens Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

need hosting?

Fellshyun
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah that would be nice Banshee.
Cause this is the only place the mod is shown now.
And I am working on a site butt it's far from finished.
Only the name could be changed, but that's no problem right?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. PM me the name of your mod and the subforums you want for it.

(important note: all forums and subforums needs a description)

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry i aint posted in a while ive eben a lil busy.. ya knwo with college work and whatnot
i left the prohect in Fellshyuns hands while i was doign some work and i must say hes doing an excellent job... i am starting work ont he testures today

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, I like the models so far (I haven't modded generals yet) and I especially like the alien, they only feedback i have is that it needs to be a bit sharper.

Turns out this isn't pure crap after al Laughing

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you thought it was gonna be pure crap ?
wow im insulted =O lol

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, It's just that we're all too familiar with the line 'I need Coders, Modelers, Mappers, and whatever else :O'. Wink

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every team for any project has to start with someone sayign that though otherwise NOTHING would happen whatsoever #Tongue youd get NO-ONE on the team and then ull be really fucked lol.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I'd rather come up with some stuff like nice screens before I even open up a topic #Tongue

Magusan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hoe can u produce stuff like nice screens if u dont have the team to help make them #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon