Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR-TX] OMC #4 Map [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject:  [YR-TX] OMC #4 Map [2]
Subject description: Its sole purpose now is preparation for OMC#4
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I have been playing with this map for about 6 days now...I believe it is in an alpha stage to show off...

Minimap.jpg
 Description:
The minimap...kinda blurry, sorry about that.
 Filesize:  9.91 KB
 Viewed:  6785 Time(s)

Minimap.jpg

OMC#4.rar
 Description:
The actual map.

Download
 Filename:  OMC#4.rar
 Filesize:  54.76 KB
 Downloaded:  1171 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what is worse, the fact that it took you 6 days to come up with THAT, or that you felt it worthy of posting.

It's not a finished map, so it doesn't belong here. Moved to Mapping Discussion.

Smilen
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or the fact you cannot reveal maps that are to be submitted for OMC's publically until after the results. Dufus.

Make TS Open Source!! Viva La Revolution!! Sign!
http://www.petitiononline.com/opentsun/petition.html

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smilen wrote:
Or the fact you cannot reveal maps that are to be submitted for OMC's publically until after the results. Dufus.

ROFL, guess you'll just have to start a new one.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.) Oh well, I'll make a new one. What a tragedy!

2.) For only one person to download this, I am seeing more than one person commenting.

3.) Last time I made a map I was working on, it was moved here. Thus, I was confused, and that is why it ended up here.

@DCoder: Did you actually play or download it? Hmm?

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modder666 wrote:
1.) Oh well, I'll make a new one. What a tragedy!

2.) For only one person to download this, I am seeing more than one person commenting.

3.) Last time I made a map I was working on, it was moved here. Thus, I was confused, and that is why it ended up here.

@DCoder: Did you actually play or download it? Hmm?

@ 2) That maybe so, its a shame there are no good comments though.

You don't need to play or download it to know its not that great, its far too square and there's no detail.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I downloaded it and looked at it in FA2. But I knew it was going to be bad right from the minimap. I didn't have time to list all the problems with it at the time of my last post, but now I do:
  • Way too many square things.
  • Way too much ore.
  • Ore and gems placed over and beyond the blue line, two last cells right next to a blue line are never passable ingame, the harvesters will repetitively get stuck trying to harvest off those cells.
  • The blue line is too close to the edges. The blue line should be at least four cells away from the edges, six cells off the bottom edge, and even further if the edge cells are elevated.
  • Ore way too far away from starting positions, especially #0.
  • Ore placement unbalanced - #0 has far more ore and gems in the vicinity, while #1 has only ore, and less of that as well.
  • Way too flat.
  • Lack of LAT - water shorelines missing, pavement/sand transition tiles missing, etc.
  • Lack of detail - sand everywhere, and roads surrounded by repetitive rows of rocks. DULLSVILLE. Except for the top right corner, that is somewhat more detailed. Alpha, I know.
  • Vegetation - this is obviously alpha, but still, there is no excuse for lumping a bunch of trees in one spot like that. This ain't Age Of Empires, where trees are valuable as resources, you know Very Happy
  • What good is that bunch of trucks in the lower left? I know it's a car dealership, but that doesn't mean you have to put cars in every single cell of the parking lot...

Satisfied?

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. I am happy. And seeing how you were the only one to download this, you may comment. Like I said, its an alpha...so it will improve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon