Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Railgun Tower
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:  Railgun Tower Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI's research into railgun technology brings an inevitable design - the Railgun Tower, a more unique form of protective defence. Unlike a grenade launcher or vulcan cannon, the Railgun Tower can mow through several targets at once, as the railgun rips through those in its path, making this an excellent defence against large rows of enemy units, & obliterating most infantry.

RT2.jpg
 Description:
Another view, as the railgun fades away.
 Filesize:  25.25 KB
 Viewed:  23616 Time(s)

RT2.jpg

RailgunTower.jpg
 Description:
Railgun Tower, eh?
 Filesize:  32.03 KB
 Viewed:  23616 Time(s)

RailgunTower.jpg

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'll mow through all your buildings with ease though if a subteraenean unit gets inside your defenses, which might be a tad unfair to the poor old GDI player.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

agreed...

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[sarcasm] wow! you made that entire thing yourself?! [/sarcasm]

old idea too

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to strategically place it.

& chielscape, all the idea's in my mod are from myself or analysing the storyline of the game, the saying is true that nothing is new under the sun, you could show me any 'unique idea', but while not many may have thought of it, it still isnt necessarily new..

Oh &, ive never seen this idea before, but it seems logical to me, & thus others may have thought of it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen railgun towers on some mods, to be honest. If you feel that it's a good building to add into GDI's arsenal, go ahead. Players will have to choose carefully the position of these buildings. If I were you, I wouldn't allow AI to build it.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chielscape wrote:
[sarcasm] wow! you made that entire thing yourself?! [/sarcasm]

old idea too

Logic, my friend, simple logic.

They've got guys carrying them, tank armed with them, next up: buildings with them.

Or possibly aircraft, but probably not..

"Banned" RP here

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kyler has the right idea, it dosnt take much to come up with this idea by yourself when it seems the game is already influenced with such things.

Hmm, Banshee, i havent seen those mods. Surprised Which ones? But it dosnt matter anyway in that regard - must something be shunned if another mod has the same basic idea whether the creator of the mod knows it or not? Just pondering.

You are right, it takes a strategic placement - just like everything else, it would be a bad idea for instance, to leave tratos hanging around in your base, & just as having too many HE towers in your base could severely damage your own stuff.

That is where you have to make a strategic choice - is it worth it, & if so, where should i place it. You arent forced to use it. Wink But, should you have a certain idea in mind for it, you are more than welcome to build it.

So far the AI seems to be fine with it, placing them on the outskirts of your base isnt too much of a risk. Also, they dont mass them too heavily, from what ive noticed.

But if you notice any peculiarity with the AI using them feel free to let me know & ill fix/remove it from their buildable structures. Wink

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if this actually works in ts (or in RA2 for that matter but yu could try it.

Supress = Should nearby friendly buildings be scanned for and if found, discourage firing on target (def=no)?

Goes on the weapon code.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, been a while since ive worked on a mod or coding in general, so i cant remember if that is rendered obsolete, but ill look into it, thanks for the suggestion. Wink

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

at least make a new turret for the tower, then you would be one of the few.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who are the few?!

I tried to make a turret for the HE cannon tower, using a voxel.. couldnt quite get it to ever align properly.

But beside from that point, this is a strategy game, all the lovely nice graphics are good - but its about the gameplay first. It serves its purpose as is at the moment.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm when i were you i would make something like a EMP tower emplacement cuase an "upgrade" is cheaper as a whole tower so the railgun tower is cheaper.

that would fix the problem of your alignement of the new turret design and the cost / strengh balance problem.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dont forget you have to pay for the component tower too (whatever turret you place on it)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

multiple choice so the tower isn't realy counting for the strengh of a weapon

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:

Hmm, Banshee, i havent seen those mods. Surprised Which ones? But it dosnt matter anyway in that regard - must something be shunned if another mod has the same basic idea whether the creator of the mod knows it or not? Just pondering.

In the mod, Tiberian Sun Dusk (also a great mod) you can build a railgun tower, but the weapon fire doesn't like a railgun.

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, still, my mod was made before Dusk. #Tongue If you're talking about Judeau's one.

Blubb, well, in my mod you dont need to by the tower & upgrade seperately, ive made it so you can build all the towers pre-upgraded. However plussing both the costs of the tower & weapon, they do come to a fair price that isnt that cheap.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure which mod had it... I know it's old. I think it's Allies Revenge 1... or something as old as that, which has a railgun tower.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy's Rules has it, actually.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see. Well, never played these mods, well i played Clazzy's rule once, as nod, but never played as GDI or saw the AI build any.

But yet again i wonder, is it such a big deal, so what if another mod has something so logically obvious. Its not like ive plainly copied something complexly thought out, besides.. I cant ever remember seeing a mod with something truly unique, & im not saying my mod is exclusively unique at all. I do like to supply a rich, detailed descriptive background to what is in my mod though.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
multiple choice so the tower isn't realy counting for the strengh of a weapon

for all in this case 4 turrets you have to buy a component tower. lets say the railgun one should cost 1500 total.
if the component tower is for example 500, the turret only has to cost the remaining 1000

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd wrote:
Hmm, still, my mod was made before Dusk. #Tongue If you're talking about Judeau's one.

Blubb, well, in my mod you dont need to by the tower & upgrade seperately, ive made it so you can build all the towers pre-upgraded. However plussing both the costs of the tower & weapon, they do come to a fair price that isnt that cheap.

Yep, I was talking about Judeau's one...

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the alignment thing... Isn't the Vulcan Cannon a voxel turret? If so, couldn't you just edit the vulcan cannon directly and duplicate it's .hva? Just a suggestion..

Apex
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theres an easy way to make that(editing the rules.ini)

Quote:"SOON WE WILL STAND INVINCIBLE!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaTSchikinhed wrote:
About the alignment thing... Isn't the Vulcan Cannon a voxel turret? If so, couldn't you just edit the vulcan cannon directly and duplicate it's .hva? Just a suggestion..

No, if it was, then im sure it wouldnt have been a problem. #Tongue

All component tower plugins are .Shps with animating frames.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with an infantry rush heading twords your base just line up the sights and watch them Fall!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon