Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FAQ: 'My unnamed mod at Mod Announcements' will be trashed.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:  FAQ: 'My unnamed mod at Mod Announcements' will be trashed. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the last three top topics at Mod Announcements:

- who wanna be beta test of my mod
- My first mod (Re realsed as a futher version Beta)
- No one will help me, but I will try...

What's common on these three announcements?

The answer is simple: I don't even need to open these 3 topics to find out that these are n00b mods.

If you want your mod to be sucessfull, it needs a name and descent presentation. By throwing a topic with a bunch of random words and no proper objective, you don't simply ruin your mod. You can ruin a whole forum, since people will start to believe that it only announces n00b mod.

Here's some tips to make your mod look more attractive:

- Make sure it has a name. Name is the first step to give it a real objective.

- Make sure you have a clear purpose, objective with your mod. As the Brotherhood Of Nod fans would say: One Vision, One Purpose. Otherwise your mod looks like a bunch of random crap in a mix file.

- Make sure you spell properly, use punctuation, paragraph and organize your ideas in a good way. Use BB Code to help with your organization.

- You can post a thousand of random words over there, but an image is always more worth than any word. People don't have patience to read big texts.

- Follow this fantastic guide from Major Gilbear that is stickied in the forum. It really shows a difference of a descent mod and an 'yet another mod'.

And finally, if the ammount of mods that doesn't follow this small guideliness start infesting Mod Announcements, the crap forum will start to get more posts. We give you the oportunity to expose your mod and get followers, but we also need to value ourselves to not become a public trash. Thanks for your attention and sorry for the rudeness of some points above.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That may be the whole reason that they do that: 'cuz they're n00bs. I'll help IceDogg (especially since I have no school tomorrow or Monday) with his mod as much as possible (since it shows the most promise; not that the other two don't Wink), and if he OKs it, I'll come up with a name myself and fix part of this problem. You should try making an announcement on the front page that alerts n00bs that if they're going to make a new mod, they need to make a name at the very beginning before any actual development takes place. If you don't like this idea, then, I don't really care. It's just a suggestion, and it may or may not help at all if you really do it.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontpage is a place of news, not of warnings. Also, the stickied topic in the mod announcements is quite clear when it says:

Major Gilbear wrote:
1// Plan your mod.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't agree with you more Banshee.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick - Pretend it's a secret project to avoid nameless punishment. :p

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lmao, it helps to show decent screenshots and to type in short hand and actually look like you took some time on the mod instead of 5 minute type up when bored.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
Quick - Pretend it's a secret project to avoid nameless punishment. :p

At least when TAKTICS was a secret, we were showing very interesting voxels. Also, it wasn't us that was posting them. We gave Banshee the nice pics and snippets of info for him to post on the front page. That way, nobody knew who was working on it.

If you're going to start a secret project, and then surprise everyone with the big announcement. You have to do it right. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!