Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Arctic War [2-4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
squidinator
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Arctic War [2-4] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my first map posted here.
Before I get started I want to say that this was meant for online play, the AI is just too dumb.
This map takes place in a snow theatre. Player 1 starts out with pre-built defences and on top of a cliff while the other 3 start at the south end of the map and ally with each other to take out Player 1.

Download the map HERE

squidinator
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crap forgot to put the map on sorry....

arctic war.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  arctic war.zip
 Filesize:  91.57 KB
 Downloaded:  1432 Time(s)

madax
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked the map. I'm not fond of turtle maps, but I'll try to give some tips anyway:

1. there are far too many starting units. Player 1 can just send those initiates and apocs right away to the opponents and he wins. I know that it is 3 vs 1, but if the starting count is set to 0, player 1 can win from minute one there's nothing that can stop him. You should delete all starting units, that also includes the ships.

2. By far too many defences and too few entrances. it would take hours to build up and to get through all those defences. That makes it boring. There needs to be excitement throughout the complete game, not just at the end. Reduce the defences a bit and make some more and bigger entrances.

3.The cliffs are unfinished. with that I mean they are too repetive and have everywhere pieces missing, which results in movement bugs. Make them look natural

4. The ore and gems look too boxy. Make that also more natural looking.

5. Yuri is overpowered. If the defender player makes a boomer in the first 3 minutes (yes, in the first 3 minutes), he can just missile the bases. Remove the yuri conyard.

madax
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Minimap

Minimap.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.95 KB
 Viewed:  5772 Time(s)

Minimap.GIF

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon