Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Oil City [RA2 or YR] [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject:  Oil City [RA2 or YR] [2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive been working on this map for about 3 days now. Its quite detailed but has no mods.

There are very little resources and most cash will be obtained from the derricks (hence the name Wink )
Be careful around the local militia. They wont be to freindly if you try to steal their derricks... The map started life as the central area with two start locations in the north and south but sort of evolved into a whole city.

Enjoy playing it (if you want) and any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated Very Happy

02.jpg
 Description:
the beach
 Filesize:  154.27 KB
 Viewed:  13495 Time(s)

02.jpg

01.jpg
 Description:
city center
 Filesize:  166.35 KB
 Viewed:  13497 Time(s)

01.jpg

oil city.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  oil city.zip
 Filesize:  70.02 KB
 Downloaded:  1622 Time(s)

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so like no feedback eh?
not even judging by the screens?

ptch
Sad

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most people come later, or we haven't seen your post.

THUMBS UP EVERYONE Wink

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's big, it's semi-urban and the civilians are everywhere. It's sad (for me) that I'm not playing RA2 at this life moment to test it, but anyway it looks great.

BTW I loves the northern beach full crushable people hehehe.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jango wrote:
BTW I loves the northern beach full crushable people hehehe.

me too Razz there good for yuris to confuse base defenses when you attack. i always use civs as cannon fodder

cracker
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks detailed and well designed. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to play it with, so I can't comment more. Good Job.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't you play a skirmish against the AI on it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
cracker
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but playing the AI doesn't say anything to how well the map plays with other people.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah the AI sometimes forgets to use the derricks so the battle can be very easy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing that you can't fix with a good AI Trigger Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with a trigger? ill have to look into this... thanks banshee

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great,but the bigger effort is to destroy the civis.Can you make them atleast build new stuff to replace the lost units Question

pimpincncstyle
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice map there  Rolling Eyes

tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh,anyway civilin ppl smetimes wont move.
But,civilian vehicles and attacking units n' structurs attack u,why they dont let us kill the other guy(or comp) freely??!!!
I know it's the AI,but attack us only when and if we attack them

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet map

you caould have that but you would have to make an AI trigger for that.  originally TS was gonna have somethin like that, help civis when someone else was destroying them and you could get mercs or osmething

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wouldnt advise u to put neutral troops in a mp map where u would want a good competition between players!

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like the civs are "gaurding" the town and that adds a more "assault" feeling. I like it alot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks pretty nice

m4g3owns
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mayb speed up off building and adding special commandos might make it bit funner..?

i needa find some tuts for final alert 2 if ne1 got gud forum for some please pm it to me thnx ^^

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
i needa find some tuts for final alert 2 if ne1 got gud forum for some please pm it to me thnx ^^

Seems like some tuts for readable English wouldn't go amiss, either.

soader
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow nice, downloaded

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon