Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My game
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject:  My game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have found a gaming engine called playerworlds. (Someone might have heard of it) Well it makes multiplayer online games that are 2D but they're still fun. I'm makin my own, and I'll be puttin the client up on my site. I was wonderin if a) anyone's interested in helpin with it. B: anyone's interested in playin c) anyone here has their comp set up as a dedicated server and is willing to host for free.
Now I'm sure no one can do the last thing but I need to ask since unless I get a job the I can go will cost $10 american a month but until then I can't run a mass server from home cause my connection speed is to low. So I figure I'd ask.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this a strategy game engine? Any screenshots anywhere? Hard to code?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no real need for coding you can if you want though. But most of the game is done easily in the once your connected to the server. I'll be setting the client up in a zip file so you can download it but unless someone here or at sleipnirs medal monkey, or savage war is kind enough to host my game for me it will be fairly slow.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How will u make it?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like an older version of final fantsy, im up for playing it.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The engine comes with two things a client and a server. Once you conect to a server wwith the client and u have an access level there are commands that u enter into the chat thing and it will give you various things to make the game. Dunno but I'm still lookin for someone to host this game for me so if you can I'll be on MSN all day since I get the day off once again from school makin this a five day weekend.

All hail me

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhhh ha ! the website is in french, so if you need more informations, ask me Smile

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All hail me

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"file not found"
can you post it up?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can try posting it here it's 2 and some odd mbs though.

All hail me

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphics kind of suck... I mean, I like that style, it's just, there's text everywhere... it looks too..............I dunno...

I like the old 2-D RPG graphics from the gameboy and Super Nintendo and all... there's just something different about this.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those screens aren't from my game and it's like that because they had like every user in on map mine's gonna be bigger so U'll only have like 2 or 3 people on a map and that's only because they wanted to meet up or there passing through.

All hail me

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum