Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
radar colors
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:  radar colors Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got two suggestions, it would be great if one or both of these could make it into the next release.

1) a 'set radar color' function. For start it would be enough if you can set 1 radar color to be used for all frames, but if this could later be extended to a 'set radar color for frame' option, it would be awesome. Of course this isn't needed for normal buildings and shp units, but for tiberium, walls, tiberium trees, rocks and so on it would be really helpful.

2) About this one, I'm not 100% sure if it's worth the effort, but I'd DIE to see an shp tool finally that is able to open the "mouse.shp" from RA1. Neither XCC Mixer, nor the latest SHP Builder (no matter what loading option you use) is able to read this shp.
Since the mouse.shp from TD was using the old shp format from Dune 2, I think RA's mouse might use a modified variant of that one, but that's just an idea.
Actually, for me it would be enough if you could just find a way to read that particular shp and save it as a normal TD/RA or TS shp.

Mods like RotD would benefit from both of these...*hinthint*

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) That should be done in the next beta. But I'll return to work on the SHP Builder by the end of december, once my uni is over. I'll only work on it before that, if I need it for any uni work.

2) Meh... unfortunatelly, no. These SHPs formats based on operations are not really simple to code.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: radar colors Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
About this one, I'm not 100% sure if it's worth the effort, but I'd DIE to see an shp tool finally that is able to open the "mouse.shp" from RA1. Neither XCC Mixer, nor the latest SHP Builder (no matter what loading option you use) is able to read this shp.
Since the mouse.shp from TD was using the old shp format from Dune 2, I think RA's mouse might use a modified variant of that one, but that's just an idea.
Actually, for me it would be enough if you could just find a way to read that particular shp and save it as a normal TD/RA or TS shp.

Mods like RotD would benefit from both of these...*hinthint*

I don't see how RotD would benefit from this, seeming it doesn't need the RA mouse and the TD mouse can be easily converted.
There are other means to convert the RA mouse however (the easiest way would be by recording the screen), you'll just need to put a little more effort in it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Meh... unfortunatelly, no. These SHPs formats based on operations are not really simple to code.

If you want I can help you Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be nice Smile.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what you need Question

"mouse.shp" from RA1?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The format that it uses. How to encode it and how to decode it. It doesn't seems to be an easy task, dude. If I were you, I'd focus on Rock Patch and ETS instead #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did find and make mouse.sha into shp. I'll post it in a minute! DONE!

mouse.shp
 Description:
Mouse.shp WARNING! the first image is edited, chek before use!!!
No big deal, just a green "bourder" to chek if the game ues that one intesed:D

Download
 Filename:  mouse.shp
 Filesize:  231.11 KB
 Downloaded:  294 Time(s)

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We talk about Red Alert Mouse.SHP Smile

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news!
Format is rather easy Smile
I attach small example on Delphi Very Happy
Banshee, if you have any questions, ask me.

RaCursor.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.48 KB
 Viewed:  11724 Time(s)

RaCursor.PNG

RaPlayer.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RaPlayer.zip
 Filesize:  237.36 KB
 Downloaded:  364 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, although the _DecodeImage function is still secretive.

I guess I'll need to do some mess on OS SHP Builder to adapt your code into it, because my data structure is completely different.

Anyway, thanks a lot Smile.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's only example, not more.
You should write your code as you want Smile

I think, add to SHP Builder new menu, like:
File->RA Cursor
| Load |
| Save |

Quote:
Interesting, although the _DecodeImage function is still secretive.

it's not secret Very Happy
_DecodeImage - simple decoder Format80-image, not more Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know its function, but the algorithm is hidden in the object. And, honestly, I couldn't be arsed to translate it with a dissassembler #Tongue.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have it already (TD / RA SHP loading system) Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then, what's the difference between these Dune SHPs and the TD ones? The header? The frame header?

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Then, what's the difference between these Dune SHPs and the TD ones? The header? The frame header?

I don't know, but using my example program you can handle RA cursors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum