Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Leaked videos discussion
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:  Leaked videos discussion
Subject description: No links Bansh, but this is important IMO
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really wonder why EA asked to take own these leaked C&C3 vids... from pretty much every reaction on them I heard it's very clear that these vids were THE boost the game needed.

Especially the cutscene parts were awesome, with the civil war on Nod's side and you being stuck between your commander and some politician on GDI's side.

It just makes the game so much more attractive... and they do their best to stop it? Aren't they shooting themselves in the foot?

I mean, not as if it was the actual amazing exclusive content... it was only the PREVIEW of what is to come on the actual bonus DVD included with the Special Edition. If anything, it'll just make more people want to preorder it.

In fact, the most common reaction to the vids I've seen is "Wow, I REALLY need to upgrade my PC". That can't be a bad thing, right?
And everyone knows about the Aliens now anyway, so that harm is irreparable at this point.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These videos are exclusive to those who pre-order the game. Therefore, EA gets money with these videos.

But the videos are awesome. I saw the trailer one in EA with the community guys. In the moment, they said it was an 'insider stuff'. When I've heard this was in the pre-order package, I felt kinda betrayed #Tongue.

Anyway, the trailer is awesome and kinda shows the spirit of the game cutscenes.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well IMO they should just have released these things publicly.
I mean, there's not much point in 'exclusive content' if they'll get the FULL vids ANYWAY when they GET their special edition, right?

It'd make a LOT more sense if they released these vids, so people would WANT to pre-order.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyer.. these people are Americans.

Americans are not known for their intelligence.

'nuff said, methinks..

"Banned" RP here

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol.

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
I mean, there's not much point in 'exclusive content' if they'll get the FULL vids ANYWAY when they GET their special edition, right?

It'd make a LOT more sense if they released these vids, so people would WANT to pre-order.

FU, what do you got against us>? #Mad
anyway... does anyone have a googlevideo or youtube like for the fmv traileer?
or know when the nextpodcast newsletter will come out
raptorirq6665@gmail.com
-laxheg/wraith/raptor8/wrth046

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

No one asked no one to take those down AFAIK. EA said they were gonna release the preview videos in HD on the official website anyways...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They've actually asked the community leaders during the summit to take down these videos.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this game will be crap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum