Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
M1A2 Abrams
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject:  M1A2 Abrams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im makin an Abrams tank and the art isn't working right. and b4 u post obvious answers. its in a MIX file, its in the directory. i believe its something with the UInaming. heres the CODE.(BTW its for RA2 not YR)

The Art entry

[M1A2]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=M1A2ICON
AltCameo=M1A2UICO
PrimaryFireFLH=150,0,100

The Unit entry

[M1A2]
UIName=Name:M1A2
Name=M1A2 Abrams Tank
Image=M1A2
Prerequisite=GAWEAP
Primary=140mm
Strength=400
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
IsTilter=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=4
Sight=8
Speed=6
CrateGoodie=yes
Crusher=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=900
Soylent=900
Points=25
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=GenAllVehicleSelect
VoiceMove=GenAllVehicleMove
VoiceAttack=GenAllVehicleAttackCommand
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=RhinoTankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MaxDebris=5
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Destroyer
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ThreatPosed=40
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
DamageSmokeOffset=100,100,275
Weight=3.0
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Accelerates=false
ZFudgeColumn=8
Unsellable=false
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=3
Unsellable=false
OpportunityFire=yes
ElitePrimary=140mmE
BuildTimeMultiplier=1.5

can any1 tell me the problem with this???? ive tried almost EVERYthing

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had problems like that before and it just ticks you off doesn't it.
Here are a few thing I check when that happens:

1) Make sure the rules you saved your code in is the one in the ra2 directory
2) Make sure you add the image (eg. M1A2) to the unit lists.
3) make sure you spelled every thing the same

These are just small thing that are easy to forget sometimes. I know I do from time to time.

Now UIName just deals with the name that comes up when you have your cursor over the unit. If that just doesn't come up right make sure your CSF file is not a YR one. I have also had the CSF file work better when it is not in the MIX file. If yours is in the MIX try taking it out.

Hope that helps: Titan10

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tried it...
i wonder whats wrong. maybe its the art?
does any1 know where to get an m1a2 hva and vxl's besides Modden?

Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know RESCEN has a couple, try them.

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I THINK IVE FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM. its an RA2 mod, but i believe there are some YR codes in it. i believe this would cause the unit not to work. not having YR could someone tell me what codes shouldn't be there?

Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just noticed that you have a couple of lines in your code that are the same, you might want to get rid of the excess.

I don't think I get what exactly the problem is you are having. If you could eplain it it would be helpful.

You said that it was a YR mod. Make sure don't have the files in a "EcacheMD.mix" but rather a "Ecache.mix".

When all else fails copy the grizzly tank code and test, than edit to your liking.

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: M1A2 Abrams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied773 wrote:
heres the CODE.(BTW its for RA2 not YR)

no its for the oringinal RA2 not YR i never said that. but ^read above post^ there are some YR codes in there.

tecnofreak
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

remove unsellable=false

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im not that good in ra2 editing but if you need a good cameo look at my avatar, i think its the M1A2? if you wanna use it PM me

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remove BuildTimeMultiplier. That was introduced in YR.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, it was also in RA2

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know, you haven't actually said what doesn't work right! does the vxl just not show when you create it? or does the hva not show? it comes out and jumps around?

did you remember to diclare the new unit in the rules (easy mistake i would say)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon