Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Germany is going to be swept away!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:  Germany is going to be swept away!
Subject description: OMG! I'm gonna die!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised
Ahhhh I should say goodbye!
Look at these weather warnings for Germany as of January 17th, 2007:

Well, I suppose almost nobody here speaks German.
The colors mean:

White = No warning
Pinkish = UV warning
Dark blue = heat warning
Blue = Sea weather warning
Green = Weather warning
A bit darker green = Bad weather warning
Dark green = Pre-warning before storm warning
Red = Storm warning
Dark red = Extreme storm warning!!

Well, interpret the map for yourself now... Exclamation

Oh, and on the right there are some checkboxes, "All warnings" is checked, that means: wind/storm/hurricane, rain AND fog.
That's not a good thing - that's a bad thing.

If I don't post anything anymore soon you know what happened...

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Talk about a weather mayhem Surprised

In the Netherlands is a storm approaching, so we're preparing for the worst Confused

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Blaat85
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know Sad. Good luck everyone, I hope things will work out allright.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck people!

In Manchester nothing is really happening...
England is just too boring.
Although we're having some rain (as usual) and a huge 29 mph wind. Gosh.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing over here in Tennessee in the USA...except epic cold temperatures...

Can I see the link of where that was? :3

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possible overexaggeration by the computer but let us know how it ends up.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same shit is forcasted for the south of the UK :/ i dont care... i live on top of a hill

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised OMG! The Scrin are coming! D:
RUN FOR SHELTORZ!!!1!111oneone!11

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bad 60-80mph winds and rain in England but nothing else. #Tongue

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wind and rain. No change.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy moly the storm's just building up and we nearly drifted into another car on the motorway...
I really don't wanna know how such uber hurricanes in the US are like =S

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The weather is insane, It should have been snowing for two months, yet there is not a drop of rain even and the temperatures are rising...I hate Chritmas without snow, but January?

Blaat85
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot of people got stuck here. Trains aren't running at all. I managed to get to my grandparents place (I was at uni, but as said no trains so I was stuck at the station). I'm staying the night here.

One of our biggest trees at home fell down or so I heard from my siblings who are home alone atm, gladly no one (and no pets) got injured.

The country's in a bit of a chaos, a few people passed away (Sad), a lot injured, and a lot of material damage.

I hope things will lay down soon, be well all.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I take back what I said about exaggeration Sad

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, train traffic all over Germany is down.
School will be voluntary tomorrow (if the weather keeps being like this, parents may decide whether their children can go to school or not).
We had 3 short power failures.
I bet there will be a few floods very soon.

http://www.kreis-re.de/default.asp?asp=klst
A list of fire department missions in just the area where I live (about 1 per 30 seconds!!) and all due to storm damage...

There really wasn't any exaggeration, if at all it was an underestimation.

EDIT:
I checked a few news sites.
Well, in some areas schools are closed tomorrow.
One area (Minden iirc) announced they're in a state of emergency (phone and power system down). Power's down in some other regions as well.
In Hesse the Lahn (a river) is already flooding some areas.
Most motorways can't be used cause of trees and/or other objects lying around.
Airports are cancelling flights.
As Blaat85 already mentionned, there are a few dead already.

This country is doomed.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The weather is indeed insane, this is the first winter in the Finland's known history with no snow (that would have not melt on the next day) Sad I'm afraid the weather will never be the same anymore.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh wow. best of luck to you, your loved ones and friends.

An ice storm hit hard in several states in the US. Everything pretty much crystallized and I was travelling through it.

It was pretty for a person not use to snowy winters. Then trees started to snap into pieces due to the heavy ice, snagging power lines leaving towns without power and some of the smaller towns their water wells froze up.

There were alot of cars on the side of the road that slid of the the highway or were completely flipped over or on their side in the ditches.... at one point we came upon a chemical spill on a highway.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But yet Pennsylvania has had no major snowfall or iceing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gosho wrote:
The weather is insane, It should have been snowing for two months, yet there is not a drop of rain even and the temperatures are rising...I hate Chritmas without snow, but January?

Amazingly.. same.

We're surprised if we get an inch of snow, and seeing a jeep or something with snow on it is a holy sh!t moment..

"Banned" RP here

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that does look pretty bad on the map and it sounds really bad from what you all say from Europe

I have an ice storm heading my way from the west coast in the US... and if it's anything like last years ice storm we're in trouble... Laughing

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, PaD, good luck man. If it makes you feel any different, you'll never guess what we listen to in German class as a part of our lesson. Yes, it would be the horrible conditions. And as far as your comment on hurricanes go, they're not as bad as you guys have it. Your storm has been going on for days. Hurricanes last for a few hours.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is just map got a small internal error.
Once online weather forecast said that Russia will have -300 C temperature [in Celcius grade] Laughing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord...AFAIK, PaD lives in Germany -,-

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was still pretty windy yesterday and today it's calmed down... three large trees had to be removed from one of my neighbour's front garden , I'm glad they didn't fall into his house.

except from a broken garden dwarf and a lot of branches and garbage lying around, nothing serious happened to us.

Tyler Adams wrote:
We're surprised if we get an inch of snow, and seeing a jeep or something with snow on it is a holy sh!t moment..

Yes, this "winter" was weird. on January 10th we had 15°C outside, like in middle spring.
we didn't have any snow either.

Dreadlord wrote:
it is just map got a small internal error.
That map was definitely NO mistake...

Dreadlord wrote:
...AFAIK, PaD lives in Germany -,-
right... Datteln (the town I live in) is about where Dortmund is on the map.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never actually checked the forecast to see what was coming, so when I went on a double decker bus into university on that day, man was I going to get a wake-up call!

It hit the southern part of England (where I live) quite bad, so all those people saying it didn't do much.. yeah if you lived up North, you'd be fine. #Tongue
We must have just caught the top edge of the storm.
There was a lot of flooding, and damage. Trees falling, cars and lorries flung across and off the road, airports shut down, all trains and sea-based activities were cancelled, power and telephone links broken..

I think around 10 people were killed through the storm in England, and a lot more were seriously hurt, the most common event being people getting hit by fences, or people being in cars when either hit by trees or other vehicles hit in the wind.
One particular event I heard of was someone dieing due to behind hit by a fire-truck, which was on its way to deal with an emergency landing at one of our airports.

My brother is in the navy and is currently based in one of the ports on the south coast, and he said it was terribly rough, so much spray put into the air and flooding.

And then the news reporters go on to finish by saying how, in a decade or so, this could be the norm, rather than the exception.

People still say there is no climate change, well, you have to have your head stuck your backside pretty far to not see it.
The question isn't whether its happening, the question is whether it is indeed our fault, or whether it is part of a larger, more natural cycle/process.. and whether there is anything we can do about it.

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I survived the storm =). (I wasn't online for a few days)

We have some damage, my brothers window was leaking rainwater and in my neighbourhood are some roofs damaged and fences blown away.

Also thursday was extremely crappy, cause I waited till 4:00 (i was free at 14:30), because no trains were riding...

Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo! First snow in Moscow felt two days ago and now is melting again!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad Rio de Janeiro doesn't have these things, but I hope you guys and ladies manage to get over it.

Quote:
Once online weather forecast said that Russia will have -300 C temperature [in Celcius grade] Laughing

ROFL! Specially because 0 Kelvin is about -273' Celsius and it can't go lower than that, afaik.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is correct.
That just goes to show how reliable weather forecasters are Very Happy

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the past few days, there has been, aproximately, minus 15 celsius degrees here, and there is also some snow. Now all I need to do is wait for the ice in the schoolfield to froze completely, and I'm free to go skating Smile

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
Dreadlord...AFAIK, PaD lives in Germany -,-

I know. I said about Russia to give an example of wrong online weather forecast Smile You misunderstood me a bit Smile

Quote:

ROFL! Specially because 0 Kelvin is about -273' Celsius and it can't go lower than that, afaik.

yes, -273,15 Celcius is absolute zero, unreachable frost, when even molecules cannot move Smile))
but online forecast didn't know that Very Happy Laughing

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
For the past few days, there has been, aproximately, minus 15 celsius degrees here, and there is also some snow. Now all I need to do is wait for the ice in the schoolfield to froze completely, and I'm free to go skating Smile

Yep , no storms coming here.
It's nice , sunny and snowy weather now outside.

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's very sunny outside atm. So I'm going out fella's Laughing

Red Dragon

/\/\77
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, no snow here in Arizona (USA), but it is very cold! I hope we get some weather!

PaD, why were you on your computer instead of in some sort of shelter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon