Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri's Revenge: Forbidden Technology
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [82 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know your prism AA, you should make it like the prism tank's gun so it has splash. The I felt Soviets were always able to stop air attacks better cause flak did splash. anyways your mod looks really good.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Chrono Storm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a preview of Frances special units, once I get everything working properly I will get into more detail. In the first post I said France would specialize in Chrono tech, well it has now been ammended to Superweapon technology. You'll see what that means tuesday.

Interesting stuff huh?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chrono tower, chrono prison, chrono tank, deployable chrono legionnaire, maybe a chrono fighter like on RS, some other chrono trooper and a none chrono-able chrono tank? >.<

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That tank in the upper part of the picture - Tony's body and a recoloured and edited Tesla turret?

Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Chrono tower, chrono prison, chrono tank, deployable chrono legionnaire, maybe a chrono fighter like on RS, some other chrono trooper and a none chrono-able chrono tank? >.<

Your half right.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it your only about 24% right...... Mabye i'll manage to suprise some of you with the French here.

Gosho wrote:
That tank in the upper part of the picture - Tony's body and a recoloured and edited Tesla turret?

Actually that whole tank is Tony's, he recently released it.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh nice uses for some of the gfx Razz

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.. that turret looks..

REALLY.

FVCKING.

Weird.

It's at the wrong angle, and that turret.. is that SAPC?

Excellant work otherwise, tho.

"Banned" RP here

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Heh nice uses for some of the gfx Razz

Speeder wrote:
Good, but please - not that tiny Grand Cannon thingie. IMO it's just.. silly.

Wow, comments from both Mental Omega's and Robot Storm's leaders, thanks guys. Both of those mods are what everyone hopes to attain. Mental Omega is a nearly perfect expansion to YR, and Robot Storm is an awesome alternate to normal YR. I hope you guys will continue to be interested in my mod here.

Tyler Adams wrote:

Excellant work otherwise, tho.

Thank you.

Allied General wrote:
turret is fine to be honest, it was originally seen in moonman rules ages ago

credit is much appreciated in such events

I'm using all public assets, credit will always be givin. I am not talented enough to do my own graphics, and there is some real quality work out there that deserves to be used.

Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Chrono Storm Imminent Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tired of being looked down upon by other countries, French scientists decided to design ultra high tech weapons derived from the Chronosphere and Weather Control Devices. French special units harness these technologies to their maximum. No longer will they be laughed at and called cowards.The French gave me many challenges to finish, especially coding. I hope that this will impress you all as doing these units proved to be very difficult, though very fun to play test when they finally worked.

French Buildings

-Chrono Tower, Chronoing defensive structure, can be overpowered by Chrono Legionaires.

Image by MooMan65

French Infantry

-Epoch, Hero Unit, uses low yield chrono weapon to hold any unit or building in stasis for as long as he wants, while unable to do anything, the target also is immune to everything. Can deploy to use experimental Chrono Chain Gun, extremely powerful, with a high rate of fire, it is also very inaccurate.

Image by Dethro

-Tempest, Hero Unit, Epoch's brother uses the weather as his weapons. The first is a directed energy ball that does light damage to most targets, on impact it splits into4 short range lightning bolts that pack a good punch. When in need of something more powerful Tempest can summon a single thunder cloud to do extremely high damage to whichever target the cloud chooses. Hope the bolt hits what you wanted to because this attack leaves him paralyzed for a time, as well as having a very long recharge time.

Image by Chrono Loony

French Vehicles

-Chrono Cruiser, teleporting mid-level siege unit. Fires single missile, great vs base defenses.too slow to hit moving targets.

Image by WestWood

-Dark bolt tank, using a reverse polarity lightning emitter, this high level siege unit is a vast improvement over the Prism tank, faster and tougher, and better able to defend itself against armored threats.

Image by Tony

-Chrono Abductor, using a narrow chrono beam, this unit teleports it's target to an unknown location where vehicles are stripped for parts and infantry are liberated of weapons and taken prisoner, resulting in an increase in credits. After a horrible accident with the origional location, buildings are never targeted with this weapon.

Image by Godwin

French Aircraft

-Stromfront attack unit, advanced hovering aircraft, uses short range lightning bolt against all targets. Not bound to any airport, or having to worry about ammo, this unit is always ready to assist in battle.

Image by Rawlo

Other Changes
-Chrono Legionaire starts veteran
-Fork Lightning tank starts veteran
-Chronosphere and weather control device cheaper
-everything builds slightly faster

Unavailable
-Prism Tower
-Secondary Airpad
-Prism Trooper
-Tanya
-MRLS
-Prism Tank
-Stealth Bomber
-Comanche

Well that would be the last Allied country.
Overall what do you guys think so far?

What country do you like the most?

Any units that really stick out? Good or bad?

I would like a lot of opinions before I start on the Soviets.

Last edited by Zenzaliv on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's good, I guess, I'd just stick with chrono instead of superweapons, imho.

Cuz, well.. people calling in lightning storms, and.. lightning planes.. yeah.. 'tad cheesy.

#Tongue

"Banned" RP here

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Dark Bolt tanks' weapon looks Paint-drawn.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP enabled ..

interesting ideas Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this mod has some great potential ahead of it.

Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about the lack of updates for a while there. The store manager at my job went on vacation and I am acting in her place. I have not had a day off in almost 2 weeks so my spare time is limited. Also my hard drive got corrupted so I had to reinstall Windows. All my work so far has been lost (that'll teach me to make backups). Once I get the Allies redone I will start on the Soviets.
Any comments on work so far will be appreciated since it would be a good time if I needed to change anything.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FFS! let's clear this up once and for all.

if you make your voxel look good in the voxel viewers then it will look stupid in the game because it will be full of gaps.

if you make it look good in the game then it will look stupid in the voxel viewers because it will have lots of overlapping zbuffer fighting.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zenzaliv wrote:
Any comments on work so far will be appreciated since it would be a good time if I needed to change anything.

Stick with chrono, NOT superweapons, for the French.

#Tongue

"Banned" RP here

Zenzaliv
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: I'm not dead Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about not updating in a while here. I have been working 60 hours weeks ever since the 3rd week of December. The third manager at work quit so it's just me and the store manager to cover shifts. I have been slowly but surely getting the mod back to how it was before the accident. I do appreciate the comments so far, though I wish there were more. I will get back on track here pretty soon once I have more time to do so.

Tyler Adams wrote:
It's good, I guess, I'd just stick with chrono instead of superweapons, imho.

Cuz, well.. people calling in lightning storms, and.. lightning planes.. yeah.. 'tad cheesy.

Stick with chrono, NOT superweapons, for the French.

#Tongue

I appreciate your opinion on this, but all chrono has been done to death. I really like this set up and most likely will not change it.

Gosho wrote:
The Dark Bolt tanks' weapon looks Paint-drawn.

I'm gonna play with the colors to make it look better.

Allied General wrote:
RP enabled ..

interesting ideas Smile

The Rockpatch lets us do so many things, so i'm trying to use many new RP features.

Universal wrote:
this mod has some great potential ahead of it.

Thanks for the compliment.

Well i'll be around, and hopefully a real update will be coming along eventually.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half of this = Good job.
The other half= Crappy Cut'n'paste

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-Syberia (may change), which is a completely different part of the regular soviet army, and as such, will almost be like a new side.

Bullshit, its like Minnesota is a completely different part of American Army. Or a new side like Scotland, which is different to England.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except Siberia isn't even it's own province, but there are some smaller into it.

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jah wrote:
Bullshit, its like Minnesota is a completely different part of American Army. Or a new side like Scotland, which is different to England.

To be fair, the Ukrainians had a fair deal of differences with the Russian armies throughout the cold war.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rattus, why are you talking about Ukraine?

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because two states are part of the same 'union' doesn't mean they have identical technology... like Jah was impling with his Scotish/English referrence.

Happy Gosho?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I mean why are you talking about Ukraine at all? Pretty much everyone knows they ahve their own army and tech now. Jah was talking about Syberia, which was never a country.

And yes, I'm happy, thank you for asking.

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I misread that as 'serbia' for some reason.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Rattuskid
Oh good cover-up, it was only a few arguments ago.

Hey, great mod. I love it. If your interested, I will be releasing some mechs soon, you can use if you want. Except Land Battleship. That I will be saving for the next VXL Competition, then you can have it. Razz (by the way when is next one?)

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rattus, again, what does Serbia have to do with Ukraine at all? I think you need to look into some maps due, you're forgetting entire countries.

Jeeves
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ 4Star, not too long now...

MSN Status: (if says mobile, talk anyway)

DyordsTheBell
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Land of the free.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Humvee, cheap scout and anti-infantry unit, has 1 passanger spot. Passanger can fire out.

Image downloaded from CNC source, no author listed....

Sir where did you get that Humvee and does it replace the vanilla IFV ? Cool

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was 10 years ago, who knows...

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon