Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
X-17 fighter
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject:  X-17 fighter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there isn't actually a show off forum on the boards so i'm just gonna put this here.. this is my first ever real model in 3dsmax.. it's with max5, i was doing the low polygon ship tutorial and it evolved in this jet... not exactly amazing, and it's all one object which isn't so clever but i'm quite proud Very Happy Oops!

just wondering what peeps think... it didn't actually convert to voxel so well... any tips on this?

jet.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  415.47 KB
 Viewed:  6372 Time(s)

jet.jpg

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, you used the correct forum. Anyway... meh... omfg... rulez is a weak word for that... really... congrats, dude... it's perfect in my opinion...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big applause dark, it's rocks Smile

i love the form of the plane it's look like a ET ship mixed with human technology

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks almost organic

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's nice... and I'm sure I could never do anything as good... but I"m not sure what I'm looking at.

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx for the comments Very Happy i'm actually quite surprised that no one i've shown has commented on the hole in the rear of the plane where the tail fin used to be... i cut it out and haven't learned how to bridge poly's in 3dsmax yet :S

finalmoon, it's supposed to be a jet fighter.. not look like one? :S

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the hole adds something to it. Do you plan on converting it to a voxel for TS bt anychance.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried converting to a voxel... it turned out crap.. if anyone thinks they can i will send the model..

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its... PERFECT!!! good job man

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you guys know how to use ViPr's program (3ds -> vxl)? Because unlike Flyby's, it doesnt remove the textures...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't, i've tried but it hasn't worked for me.. but if you can explain Very Happy

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice model Cool Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya I love it personally. If it ever does get convert to TS then I'll really have to laern to use graphics in my mods. :p

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, i converted it to a voxel finally after like 4-5 crashes of 3dsmax... i painted it and taken a screeny.. does it look ok?

i've attache the voxel and hva if you want it..

mosquito.jpg
 Description:
The X17 Mosquito in air
 Filesize:  32.96 KB
 Viewed:  6301 Time(s)

mosquito.jpg

x17.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  x17.zip
 Filesize:  3.74 KB
 Downloaded:  134 Time(s)

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't really see it, it could do with being a little larger. Btw, do you know how to paint normals correctly?

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i resized it by two so you can see it better... looks much better in the game.. and no i don't, i just use autonormals feature Oops!

mosquito2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.63 KB
 Viewed:  6293 Time(s)

mosquito2.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks good. I just hate the detail of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah it's the good size now, but need some details ... don't know it's too much "alien" like that Smile

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks much better, needs to be more of a solid color IMO, like being grey rather than stripy white and purple.

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the purple is team color... i'm trying to give it a more TS browny color with plain detail, but i'm sucking at it Very Happy

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, changed color and details, but looks crap in game cos i suck at normals *cowers*

x17.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  360.15 KB
 Viewed:  6279 Time(s)

x17.jpg

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked the second screen better maybe the first would be fine in TS cause of the size difference.

All hail me

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better, how is it ingame?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon