Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Can't see 3d view
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject:  Can't see 3d view
Subject description: all versions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I run on 800x600 resolution and I can't see the 3d view because of it. I suggest making the 3d view a movable window or separate window like the mini map in Final Sun/FA2. Also I'm not sure if I can see the complete palette.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a design problem and I have no plans to fix it for a while...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just not to make another topic, sometimes the 3D view freezes, usualy after voxeling an hour or two (ok, not that much I guess), and the voxel in it goes crazy. Then I need to re-open the program, and it works again. Does this happen with anybody else?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to pay attention to what you've done right before it 'gets crazy'.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I think that the version 1.32 has managed to fix the problem of the first post.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope so but I will remain skeptical until I see it for myself.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The program was released, so you can see it by yourself.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I congratulate you Bansh you did a great job, but why is the old 3d view still around?

Also why does the installer not conform with the other OS tools when it comes to the start group?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I congratulate you Bansh you did a great job,

Thanks Smile

Quote:
but why is the old 3d view still around?

Why not?

Quote:
Also why does the installer not conform with the other OS tools when it comes to the start group?

I've abandoned the design of the start group and cnc tools directory that was being done with other utilities, because there was a critical problem with them, if you uninstalled one of these tools.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm I never had any problem after uninstalling them. I tried to make a 360 degree gif of a voxel and it came out all weird.

1:Because I changed the color and font color.
2: because I switched between the program and firefox while it was generating.
3. Some new bug

falc_000.gif
 Description:
LOOK HOW WEIRD IT IS!
 Filesize:  716.08 KB
 Viewed:  8949 Time(s)

falc_000.gif

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened is that the opengl stopped cleaning your preview. I'd consider the option 2 in this case....

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If option 2 was the case, then at least the first few frames before switching to firefox should be normal, but the entire animation is screwed.

I'd say it's option 4: ORCA's computer has a dying video card or his drivers got corrupted/need updating.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, what I meant by "goes crazy" was that the voxel goes either flat, or it looses a half of itself, and it always freezes at the same position.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its true I have a very out dated card. an NVIDIA TNT RIVA2 I used windows to search for the latest update and installed it months ago but they didn't choose the actual most recent but I have installation problems with the more recent versions In other words they cause my comp to crash or not load up properly except in safe mode. When this happens my dad does a system restore. And I won't risk another one of those unless some one can get me a fool proof installation method of the most recent drivers.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew it. You need a new video card or better yet, a new computer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy I do support GL drivers its just that they are oldish (not sure of the version) but this card can run generals and ZH but all be it I have to turn a sh!t load of stuff off to avoid lag. I do not think its a hardware issue.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VXLSE III requires OpenGL 1.5 support to work descently...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I've actually accidentally reproduced this problem here. My computer was overloaded with programs and VXLSE III alone was consuming 106mb. So, I believe it happened due to low memory.

Edit: It's not low memory. It happened to me after I took the 5th screenshot (TGA) and (GIF) of the same unit. I've saved the unit and left the program. Then, I've loaded the program again and took a screenshot of the unit... there was no more problems.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After some tests, I've noticed that It happens everytime that the width is different than height, or at least, the proportion between them is different than the one in the original size.

I'll try to sort it before releasing VXLSE III 1.36

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: This bug has been sorted in the latest alpha version. It's an OpenGL issue. The command glReadPixels may return wrong results under certain circunstances if the data type is GL_RGB, instead of GL_RGBA.

Btw, 1.36 should allow you to export your screenshots to JPG, PNG and BMP Smile.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent work banshee. I look forward to the release and then having to download a new release 5 minutes later lol.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was released already... I just need to post a news about it.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL. Now why would I check if I didn't see if there was news about it?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't had time to post the news (I'm still writing it) #Tongue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum