Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Spoilers] The fate of CABAL
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:  [Spoilers] The fate of CABAL Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems EA decided to kill CABAL off decoded in the string code, I've updated the Wikipedia. For those that don't believe me:

'"One of the more unusual chapters of the second Tiberium War came to an explosive close yesterday as the GDI Corps of Engineers detonated what is believed to be the last remaining Cabal Bunker - the tube-filled underground lairs from which the rogue artificial intelligence waged brief war upon humanity. Contacted for comment, retired war hero and former head of the Bureau of Mutant Affairs, Gen Paul Cortez, lauded for his role in Cabal's defeat, dismissed his fallen foe as "...a second-rate EVA with a goatee and a Napoleon complex." Cortez also claimed to have refused a GDI invitation to attend the detonation ceremony, citing his opposition to the current leadership's controversial Tiberium containment policy and "weak kneed" approach to the Brotherhood of Nod. Rumors that this particular bunker displayed evidence of human or humanoid life forms in suspension capsules were quickly dismissed by GDI spokesperson Arlene Shepherd..."'

Let's all give a good one minute silence for our good old cybernetic buddy, killed off in the most inhumane way- off screen. I sure will Sad

Last edited by Elerium-155 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

......................................................................................................................................................Rest In Piece Good ol' bastard

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You found this where now?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The string code in the C&C 3 demo.. along with the endings, tons of spoilers too, for GDI and Nod.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL didn't have a goatee.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good riddens to cabal but he will be missed. Damn GDI got a hold of all but 1 kane clone and maybe a few scrin held in stasis

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IDB:001_GDI_News_Alert_132_Ghost_in_the_machine_title
"The Ghost in the Machine"
END

IDB:001_GDI_News_Alert_132_Ghost_in_the_machine_header
"Excerpt from INN Holobrief, May 28th, 2043"
END

IDB:001_GDI_News_Alert_132_Ghost_in_the_machine_body
"One of the more unusual chapters of the second Tiberium War came to an explosive close yesterday as the GDI Corps of Engineers detonated what is believed to be the last remaining Cabal Bunker - the tube-filled underground lairs from which the rogue artificial intelligence waged brief war upon humanity.\n\nContacted for comment, retired war hero and former head of the Bureau of Mutant Affairs, Gen Paul Cortez, lauded for his role in Cabal's defeat, dismissed his fallen foe as "...a second-rate EVA with a goatee and a Napoleon complex." Cortez also claimed to have refused a GDI invitation to attend the detonation ceremony, citing his opposition to the current leadership's controversial Tiberium containment policy and "weak kneed" approach to the Brotherhood of Nod.\n\nRumors that this particular bunker displayed evidence of human or humanoid life forms in suspension capsules were quickly dismissed by GDI spokesperson Arlene Shepherd..."
END

IDB:001_GDI_News_Alert_132_Ghost_in_the_machine_footer
""
END

Last edited by gufu on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crying or Very sad Good Night...Sweet Prince Crying or Very sad

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
believed to be the last remaining Cabal Bunker

Sounds like there could be a return in an addon.... Smile

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry but i cant translate all word...
but this's mean no more cabal on another next c&c?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, no CABAL, no clones, no nothing.

Man, EA suck even worse than Bush.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wahey for killing off the best character in the Tiberium universe. CABAL was awesome, more so than Kane.

He also didn't have a Goatee, if they'd started FS for six seconds they'd know that. Yay for dismissing the entire expansion's storyline completely and ruining an epic storyline possibility. Sure they could say it wasn't the last one and actually had no human organisms in tubes or other such crap..
But when they show a lack of even basic knowledge of CABAL (Hell they don't even know what he looks like) I can't imagine they'd pull it off well or in a fashion that'd match CABAL's past outing.
They'd probably even add the goatee to pretend they didn't make a mistake. Rolling Eyes

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn... they could at least do this in a mission...

Then, of course, Kane would interrupt the ceremony, maybe even with the mixed CABAL/Kane face and then GDI would be like "oh shit".

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

man, I'm hideously angry now. Just as if they had actually writen down why Tacitus didn't work, by writing that it got exploded in some point by a dummy battery problem in the cooling systems Rolling Eyes

And I thought that the chamber was located in the underground parts of a Nod temple, at least, that's the image I got from the last video clip...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my god. Seriously, you guys are upset that CABAL is gone? Tiberium Odysee killed him off, Westwood probably would have, too, yet big scary bad EA comes and kills him and you guys get more upset then the radicals in the Middle East did over a stupid cartoon. Jesus.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:
Oh my god. Seriously, you guys are upset that CABAL is gone? Tiberium Odysee killed him off, Westwood probably would have, too, yet big scary bad EA comes and kills him and you guys get more upset then the radicals in the Middle East did over a stupid cartoon. Jesus.

TO wrote:
CABAL

Although nowhere near a world power,ever since the destruction of CABAL,cybernetic units
that were not destroyed seemed to be carrying out final directives.The threat of CABAL units however
has become very real.Somewhere the cyborgs have set up small production bases.They have
created handfuls of attack units and also devolped more advanced units.These new units
are now fully robotic with no need for a human to base off.Even though CABAL forces are
very low in numbers they can still easily outperform other combat units of GDI and Nod.

After a very lucky incident we manged to retreive a heavily damaged cyborg and examine it.
We found a small peice of data,even though damaged,it seemed of great importance.

Primary Sour*e:...........Not respon....g
Secondary S*/#........Online
Tertiary Source..........*#+ine

101002190289012927102372392730218. 121 1 212 87 8776

Prim Or+ er
Regroup with all cybernetic units within 5 square miles.
Procceed with orders from online sources....

Thats all we have,we believe CABAL is not defeated.It appears there are 3 sites,1 knocked out
but the others running perfectly well.We beileve these to be CABAL cores.

...'kay? Unless you have access to an updated story of course?

CABAL was an awesome character, just because you don't give a shit about who stays or goes or what is changed in the story doesn't mean we are all like you. Go play with some mudkips or something and leave these topics alone please.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood didn't kill CABAL. There are those awwesome renders of CABAL units for C&C Continuum and Twiglight.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bet they won't even explain where Kane's body went between the end of FS and the time GDI had found the CABAL bunker. If it were, they'd obviously have found it.

[quote=C&C]
My story has has permutated...
My plans follow a path unpredicted by the dissolving of Westwood by EA.
Your...my....our....[/quote]

[quote=EA]
Our directives must be reassessed[/quote]

Cainbal.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.74 KB
 Viewed:  21987 Time(s)

Cainbal.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I bet they won't even explain where Kane's body went between the end of FS and the time GDI had found the CABAL bunker. If it were, they'd obviously have found it.

WW didn't explain what happened to Kane's body between TS and FS either, so that's a non-issue really.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:

It's not our problem if you can't handle the fact that TS fanboys exist. >_>

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont care if they exist, I just with they'd come down to earth and see that Tiberian Sun is not Westwood's great gift, and that Tiberium Wars is some sort of sacreligious evil. Tiberian Sun is cheesy, its a slow paced game that lacks any tactics other then 'BUILD TITAN 20 TIMES' or wait for a cluster missile.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Tiberian Sun is cheesy, its a slow paced game that lacks any tactics other then 'BUILD TITAN 20 TIMES' or wait for a cluster missile.

And Red Alert is an overly fast-paced game that only has one tactic: "BUILD HEAVY TANKS"?

Your point being?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For all of your information, mainly Desu's TO never said anything about cutting CABAL, if anything we have done nothing but try to include him more, which is what we are doing.

I think it's a shame they cut CABAL off, some of the concepts from sites I have seen looked interesting and the way FS ended left it open to include CABAL heavily, especially with Kane.

Also its not a matter of whats popular in a game, the fact is CABAL "was" included, if EA don't like him they should at least try and fufill the challenge of including him the game somehow, and I don't think it would be that hard for them, they already have part of the story done for them by FS.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:
Tiberian Sun is cheesy, its a slow paced game that lacks any tactics other then 'BUILD TITAN 20 TIMES' or wait for a cluster missile.

Every C&C game is a spamming game but at least TS had atmosphere and was much darker than cartoony, Happy Alert 2 and Yuri's Toy House.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit I am shocked I didnt get flamed to death. Surprised Anyhow, I just think CABAL was a silly idea...An evil AI that can think for itself. Thats almost as weird as a paedophile looking Russian who can mind-control tanks.

But ztyping gold mine of lulz, one must admit.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:
Holy shit I am shocked I didnt get flamed to death. Surprised Anyhow, I just think CABAL was a silly idea...An evil AI that can think for itself. Thats almost as weird as a paedophile looking Russian who can mind-control tanks.

But ztyping gold mine of lulz, one must admit.

You need to realise of course, every game ever created is jam packed with retarded ideas. CABAL was a badass who damn near raped both GDI and Nod. Nod and Kane couldn't even put a dent in GDI - they fail in comparison.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:

You need to realise of course, every game ever created is jam packed with retarded ideas. CABAL was a badass who damn near raped both GDI and Nod. Nod and Kane couldn't even put a dent in GDI - they fail in comparison.

Using that logic, I suppose fighting the Germans in Call of Duty is just absurd? a simulator of Pong is totally batshit, no? Not every game out there is 'jam packed with retarded ideas.'

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allowing only two guns is retarded...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum