Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Spoilers] Scrin units preview.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject:  [Spoilers] Scrin units preview. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Asian website, but still good to see the preview of all Scrin units, including the Rift generator which I was quite dissapointed to see. I was expecting people to fly in the rift helplessly with debris torn into the black hole, but sadly I didn't get my wish, everything just spontaneously dies while aircraft just get sucked in before exploding.

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=81494&category=115&subcategory=

Also previews other Scrin units like the Stormtrooper, the tough Mastermind, an anti-tank main troop with lasers, Annihilator tripods owning everything, a protoss carrier!! a huge tank with a Scrin laser on it, the Corruptor which kills other infantry and turns them into Scrin forces, as well as breaking down buildings by coating them in some acidic adhesive and as an added bonus, is the mobile repair unit of the Scrin. The mothership although was quite dissapointing as we see no giant beam , but rather a giant spontaneous energy cannon hit. This also covers other Scrin units you might miss in the demo. Enjoy #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you have another link? my net too slow to watch it Sad

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It keeps going for 3 seconds then it buffers again...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same happens with me

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah server on that website is pretty crappy if you ask me, so use Youtube #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corrupter mutates infantry eh?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the ztype? Aliens having a EVA unit that talks normal English? lol!

Well I guess it's necessary for any playable side.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder those space bug can speak english.but hmm look abit Over powered... [ i like that Assault Carrier it look like cant stopable ]

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
[ i like that Assault Carrier it look like cant stopable ]

I believe you mean it looks "unstoppable".

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised Astonishing. Looks very good. Me like. Especcially that assault carrier is one bad carrier, if you're getting it against you. Also, that rift, looks very good, like a black hole, maybe it is a black hole, don't have knowledge of these sort things.

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scrin looks overpowered <_<

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why shouldn't they speak English? Listening to constant gibberish wouldn't be very practical. It was the same in Starcraft and the likes, yet nobody had any problems with that.

SMT
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, simply wow.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you do the math, mothership+rift inducer+planetary aircraft thing+everything else=overpowered. I'd have to agree with those who think this. EA had better get their bearings since they're the ones who disbanned westwood and they have to fill the shoes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't jump to these conclusions without having played them. They may look extremly powerful, but that doesn't mean they are in practice. As far as I know there were no Scrin balance complaints from the summit impressions.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be rather frank i hope they are imbalenced, think about it, they are an alien race that can travel the stars, they should be able to WIPE THE FLOOR WITH US Laughing

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blah... dunno - sams + Mothership!

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
To be rather frank i hope they are imbalenced, think about it, they are an alien race that can travel the stars, they should be able to WIPE THE FLOOR WITH US Laughing

In single player, yes I agree, they should wipe the floor with us, however it wouldn't be fair in the multiplayer if it wasn't balanced.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe if the scrin where extremly expensive... yeah.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum