Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Inspiration and Resources. [Beware:IMAGES]
Moderators: Delirium Staff, Ickus
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject:  Inspiration and Resources. [Beware:IMAGES]
Subject description: The Think Well.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello.

Here is were inspiration starts. I got the idea from IVI. on his post-apocalyptic. thread. to generate imagery.

Now this mod is both nightmarishly surreal and whimsically giddy.
both stemming from source material and my own dreams. and of course these influences.

I will start with the original concept.

This mod has its roots inspired by American McGee's Alice. and the rest of his dark themed twist on Fables.

and of course Lewis Carroll. the original author of Alice and Wonderland.
Before I know that my original concept was already one. so I looked at other forms of art.

Lovecraft,Tim Burton and that dandy fellow Chancre Scolex..Wink

I looked into older lesser known fables and children's books to more modern ones such as. I Spy books. Dr. Seuss. crytozoology. urban legends. movie icons. etc. Lisa Frank. and Rainbow Brite.

I didn't want some run off the mill. fantasy story. if anything this is my middle finger towards that gag invoking genre.

I also been looking at a lot of plushies, and action figures for inspiration. Even playgrounds and childhood objects. things that either invoke pleasant feelings.

and things that don't...

Pan's Labyrinth.'s Pale Man.

I share alot of creative vision from pop artists such as Gary Baseman and Mike Ryden. Marilyn Manson's water colors. and surrealist imagery from Bosch, Dali. Giger.

Mark Ryden. ^

so with parting words I would like to credit these people for the inspiration. and give you guys where all this this is all coming from and where is probably going.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude those are twisted. I wasn't aware Alice in wonderland was a source of inspiration for those who mod C&C lol. I think you've been smoking thw wacky backy...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Dreams are made of these.

I love Marilyn Manson in the morning.

Nice art, mate.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOW THIS! Is my sort of thing... I hope to see a gothic theme being produced here... It may interest me further. Confused

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the comments., ya'll

Haha, Dregan the Mod scene needs some major genre busting. and no illegal substances were used in the creation of this, only a sleep depraved mind, overdosing on Monster Energy drinks. ^-^

I hope to cater to those that want a totally different. "C&C" experience.

and no worries Aro. there will be plenty of gothy things to legion around. smoosh. and kill. ...and non gothy things to do the killing, the smooshing. ....Like care bears and butterflies. haha. Wink

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is pretty amusing. This might turn out to be a disturbing an weird mod, but none the less I'm interested.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Euphoria, I salute you for even owning a copy of American McGee's Alice. Great stuff man, great stuff.

amca.png
 Description:
Isn't she adorable?
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  6701 Time(s)

amca.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a beautiful picture. shame. the movie has suffered serious set backs..I wonder if any of the other projects will spawn out a Video game..

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
. ...and non gothy things to do the killing, the smooshing. ....Like care bears and butterflies.

Don't even joke about it. Laughing

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Euphoria wrote:
What a beautiful picture. shame. the movie has suffered serious set backs..I wonder if any of the other projects will spawn out a Video game..

i think killer buterflys would be an awesome idea Smile

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This if going to be the wierdest mod ive ever seen lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon