Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dropship Loadout
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject:  Dropship Loadout
Subject description: How to get this working
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a tutorial how to get the dropship loadout feature to work, its very simple. For those of you who dont know. westwood originally intended to have a dropship selection screen so you choose what units you are reinforced via dropships at the beginning of a mission. heres how to add it to your mission

1. In finalsun, go to edit > singleplayer settings and under "dropships at start" choose a number from 0-3 (above that wont work as the dropship loadout graphic only supports up to 3). this basically means how many dropships you want to reinforce yourself with in the beginning, each dropship holding 5 units each.

2. Then create a reinforcement trigger, with the taskforce having however many dropships you chose from 0-3. the taskforce must only have dropships as the dropship loadout feature works with whatever the first empty dropships are reinforced on the map.

3. the script setting should be "move to waypoint" choosing whatever waypoint you want the dropships to drop the reinforcements of on, then have unload and then have "keep transports lose units". then have the dropships move to a waypoint outside the map area.

4. team type settings use the script and blank dropship taskforce and whatever settings you want.

5. on triggers have whatever event you want to set it off and for action choose action 80 which reinforces the empty dropships.

now when you load up the game choose the units you want in the dropships and then when the trigger fires the dropships will arrive with whatever units you selected.

NOTE: unfortunately the dropship loadout screen doesnt display a mouse cursor, to fix this you may want to download the extended tiberian sun engine (ETS) which gives the dropship loadout screen a mouse cursor.

post-151-1166443755.jpg
 Description:
dropship loadout in action
 Filesize:  51.73 KB
 Viewed:  15623 Time(s)

post-151-1166443755.jpg

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #TiberianSun #Firestorm #FinalSun #ETS 

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks fot this tutorial, ZD. Smile However, i never use this dropship loadout in my maps anyway, i kind of think its a bad idea, myself... It also appears to give my missions alot of... Unexpected Internal errors, which just blatantly sucks. Rolling Eyes

Still Thanks, dude. Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What determines the credits in the loadout feature? the credits the player has in the beginning of the map?

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea so whateva credits you have in the beginning of the map you will have to use with the dropship loadout feature.

one small issue is if you start with say 10000 credits and you spend 5000 using the dropship loadout, you still start the map with 10000 credits so the dropship loadout costs you nothing.

aro im still unsure about what internal errors your talkin about, so far ive never come accross any yet.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmmm i may have to use this if i ever do sp maps (that i actually release)

and ya know there is one answer to why it IEs on Aro..... Rolling Eyes .......hes a doin it wrong! XD lol dont know......but ya know it could be #Tongue

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

speaking of dropships, in what mix is the dropship loadout bg?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its in local.mix inside TIBSUN.mix

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is probably a bit far fetched but can you do the same for RA2 with transport helicopters?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
and ya know there is one answer to why it IEs on Aro..... .......hes a doin it wrong! XD lol dont know......but ya know it could be

Heheh! I kind of figured that one out, Ixith. #Tongue
However, no matter what i do, i can't ever seem to find the problem... But don't matter, i'll find it soon. Smile

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my advice is to just make a blank testing map with the reinforcement trigger and with dropship loadout on. try it there and see what it is. and if u still get a problem test the map without the dropship loadout or without the reinforcement trigger and then u get to see whats causin the error so if u disable the trigger and the map then works then u kno whats causin the problem.

i recommend u doin this because if uve got a big sp map with 30 triggers or sumthin there cud b a hell of a lot of things causin the error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon