Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Bring Walls Back Petition
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject:  Bring Walls Back Petition
Subject description: as if EA would listen anyway
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

svenkill wrote:
For those of you who played the demo know that there are walls, but you cannot build them, which I cannot stand. I've always thought walls were an essential part of strategy, especially to keep tiberium at bay and out of your base (that stuff grows like a weed). It also adds a nice aesthetic appeal to your base...

If you agree with me and the hundreds of other players out there, then go to this petition and sign! This petition was also put up on the C&C3 forums, so there's almost 100 signatures so far.

Petition Here

Announcer: Oh, now that is a beautiful base. Let's just see if the judges think the same about it
Judge 1: I must say, it really portrays a Greco-Roman style. Just beautiful, I give it a 9.
Announcer: Now that is just amazing, when was the last time we even saw a 9 given?
Judge 2: Wow, those are the only words I can even think to use. Truly impregnable walls there, excellent job. I'll give you an 8.
Announcer: Oh my God! I cannot believe these scores so far, this in incredible.
Judge 3: What the hell is that, seriously you noob, get a life and get in the war. Why are you wasting your time with this freakin wall? You get a 2 for just being a noob...noob.
Announcer: Oh, that is just harsh, that would have been an amazing score. Well he still got a 19, that is still a really good score for this competition. Let's just hope he can hold up against the next competitor. Stay tuned to see the results, but first a message from our sponsors.

I'm signing it how about you?*insert pic of Uncle Sam US Army Recruitment Sign here*

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't they already agree to put in walls?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not an editing topic!

[Moved]

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Signed. I would realy miss walls... and gates

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
Didn't they already agree to put in walls?

No they scrapped it just before demo release. Only SP mission may feature pre-built walls and gates. Gnerals and ZH actuelly have walls and gates in the bigs but no one uses them except ty on a shell map

bugmenot
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the only reason you have is that it keeps tiberium out of your base.

Well guess what, tiberium doesn't grow into your base in TW.

USELESS PETITION

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Engineer rush kekeke

USEFUL PETITION

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh walls act as a barrier for projectiles and enemy units, not just Tiberium so its usefull obviously...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because it was not in the demo does not mean its cut from the ztyping game. Dont shit bricks here. This was a DEMO. This is NOT THE FINAL GAME. *Gasp* I think worrying about the maps so they arent all symmetrical goatse shit is more important then the walls.

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wall might be useful ... against dumb IA. WHen you play a human player you normally don't get any time for building walls. he only use of them is taunting the oponent like "hey look, you're so much a n00b that I have fun building walls around my base".

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:
Just because it was not in the demo does not mean its cut from the ztyping game. Dont shit bricks here. This was a DEMO. This is NOT THE FINAL GAME. *Gasp* I think worrying about the maps so they arent all symmetrical goatse shit is more important then the walls.

Predator said that they removed walls from the entire game, that has nothing to to with the demo #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bonzy_buddy wrote:
Wall might be useful ... against dumb IA. WHen you play a human player you normally don't get any time for building walls. he only use of them is taunting the oponent like "hey look, you're so much a n00b that I have fun building walls around my base".

Building up walls with multiple sections at a time is very useful and fast. Sandbags block the way from engineers, light infantry and light vehicles. For example, you can block a tunnel entrance to your base, if such tunnel is near your base.
Concrete walls block the way from every ground unit, and it takes time from tanks to destroy them. It's useful way to guard defenses from multiple cannon fire.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you forgot yuri that arty units can fire over walls

Lightstorm
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

signed it yesterday.
the walls i saw prebuilt were very nice and it would also slow down those frakking fanatics they pwn me so often i stopped playing as GDI

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like Yuri o07, I agree with him. Most of the times I build walls to block some entrance of my base and I'm well guarding it. Also, using only artillery isn't enoug. Most of the times you need ground units and AA-units to defend it. Also walls prevent rushes and some gaps of you bases.

And building multiple section with every section a defense, it's devastating to an attack force.

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

guys, if you remember, c&c3 is based on the graphical motor of LOTR2 BFME, and in LOTR2 the walls can be builded...

EA only want to ztype us...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bugmenot wrote:

USELESS PETITION

You should really ban his account.

Last edited by Suiseiseki on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use walls very, very seldom, but I don't mind if they are in the game. I think the reason so many are against them is because they ARE a problem for some Rushers. It's the only tactic they know how to use and evidently can be foiled by a simple wall.

I'll sign.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rebelmoon wrote:
I use walls very, very seldom, but I don't mind if they are in the game. I think the reason so many are against them is because they ARE a problem for some Rushers. It's the only tactic they know how to use and evidently can be foiled by a simple wall.

ALSO.. I remember something about a line of concrete walls being the only thing that saved a TD AGT from gettin pwnt in three blasts by a Nod Flame Tank..

Agreed with Jabberwoky, too..

"Banned" RP here

CarbonFX
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ALSO.. I remember something about a line of concrete walls being the only thing that saved a TD AGT from gettin pwnt in three blasts by a Nod Flame Tank..

I second that, I had a personal experience like that in oooo I forget the name of the mission in covert ops the first GDI from the selection menu. I had been whooped by nod and I had a concrete wall and an AGT with the smallest amount of health left I kid you not if that flame tank didn't have to cross those 2 extra cells due to the wall I would of lost the mission, I was out of cash and no free standing troops. (good troops perished trying to repel NOD) So definitely bring walls back and maybe sort of allow you to 'pre-construct' a wall like the overlay and where it would be located at and at the end it gives you a price and you can choose to accept construction or decline it.

Just my 2 cents.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OccultSpectre wrote:
guys, if you remember, c&c3 is based on the graphical motor of LOTR2 BFME, and in LOTR2 the walls can be builded...

EA only want to ztype us...

Yes, big evil EA is out to milk C&C for every dollar it is worth and then some. Rolling Eyes

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll sign, I'm the idiot who loves building a maze of walls so it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get in my own base. Laughing

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
bugmenot wrote:

USELESS PETITION

You should really ban his account.

Too bad people have to do that to post in a forum where guest posting is allowed.

Anyway, into the topic, I won't sign it. Honestly, guys. We, modders, can do that. The logic works and this is clear in the demo.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather not to have to mod it though.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yup, we are lazy. :p

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its so easy EA should have it as standard Shocked Confused
Lazy bastards Razz

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoever says walls and gates are useless hasn't played online.

A line of walls can stop infantry rush, delay armies while your allies send planes to save you, or charge EMP.

And doing a 20-Titan rush online is embarassing yourself.

I'm signing.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoever has not realised Tiberium Wars is released is a fool

A 20-titan rush can not be done on CC3. Smile

Too bad EA, like 99.999999999999% of the entire world, dont care about online petitions signed by random people.

Good bump, chap. gb2/bed, Hal.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bump but I was just trying to say Walls are of great use.

And I'm pretty sure you can tell 20-Titan rush represents rush tactics in general not just Titans.

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

walls not the best Sad laser fences now thats a different story Smile

shawnrose
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wall mod.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cows with guns....

I had my last word...

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want walls that much, you can always play with my Walls mod Smile

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or Tiberian Sun if EA sucks that much. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum