Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Georgie's Oil
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
g8rk0k
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:  Georgie's Oil
Subject description: 2-4 player YR map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a map I made a few years ago when I was trying out Final Alert.

Georgie's Oil: Yuri's Revenge map, 2-4 player skirmish/multiplayer

This is a result of my one and only experience with Final Alert. Georgie's Oil was made with current events in mind when I made it, around the time we (US) invaded Iraq. Map has a secret base (Nuetral AI controlled/sorry no triggers, too complicated for me) and a terrorist detention area. Among other things Neutral units are somewhat scattered about the map and can be very annoying, watch out for neutral-Yuri controlled units as they will not seem threatening to your own units and may tear their way through half your base before you see them - ok, the aren't that bad but neutral does posses a couple of prism tanks and some apocalypse tanks. It's more of a hassle getting around them than worrying about if they will attack. Hint: find the four nuclear reactors, taking them out or taking control of them will limit some of neutral's defenses.

Main feature of the map is a huge central area with a number of oil rigs. This island is heavily guarded and what's more it's very hard to take the rigs without blowing them all to hell. There's plenty of gem and ore on the map so the rigs aren't really all that important. It's just something to see if you can do, I guess.

Georgie's Oil.zip
 Description:
Georgie's Oil: Yuri's Revenge map, 2-4 player skirmish/multiplayer

This is a result of my one and only experience with Final Alert.

Download
 Filename:  Georgie's Oil.zip
 Filesize:  133.21 KB
 Downloaded:  1375 Time(s)

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maps with a lot of neutral units usually suck, not because of that per se, but the fact they're unimaginative and lack detailing whatsoever.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cvoukld use more detailing outside the center

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's a funny idea for the map Laughing but the map itself needs a LOT more detail

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allies using Chrono Legionaires could very simply take over the middle island without damage. But what about Soviets?

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is bridges.... i think more screen shots around the map are in order.

g8rk0k
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

z wrote:
Allies using Chrono Legionaires could very simply take over the middle island without damage. But what about Soviets?

There are Mayan Pyramids at each corner of the island. They cover the entire area and are on their own power. A chrono legionaire would be killed instantly. If you are willing to send about 10 at a time and lose 8 or 9 of them one of the guys can take out a pyramid. If I do revise this map adding some seals and snipers on the island near the towers will make it harder. As for Soviet forces, well, there is a deployed yuri yard to be captured. I need to get rid of the MCV's scattered around the map. One of my favorite, and silly things to do was to pull the aegis out of the water with a magnetron and dump them on land. If you can get rid of the anti air you can send seige choppers to neatly cut down the Mayan Pyramids. Aside from the cruisers, the water is full of elite level soviet subs and seals. Though you can snipe the seals the subs are more tricky to deal with if you wanted to get across on the water.

The first order of business is always the pyramids and falling planes (shot down by aegis cruisers) from air attacks more often than not also leads to something (then everything else ) getting blown up.

When it comes to the level of detail there were more things I wanted to do with some areas but being how the map is situated diagonally I didn't want to block units from being able to get across the map at each others bases. Plus this map started with the idea of farm country in mind, near the top there is a dairy (or at least an attempt at one) and your standard hickville trailer park. There just isn't a whole lot of buildings available to keep in consistent and still have the variety. I did one cliff over at the top left and it was the hardest part of making the map so I left it alone after that. I didn't mean to let the downtown area over on the right side get out of control and turn into a metro looking landscape. Some of the buildings on the left are the same way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon