Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How many of you guys play Emperor Battle for Dune -
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject:  How many of you guys play Emperor Battle for Dune -
Subject description: Up in here?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well? Anyone?
Or did someone let loose the Crickets?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the game, and used to play it. It's one of those games that didn't get that much attention even though Westwood made it and it plays like a pure C&C. Didn't even get anywhere in the modding department (except for rules.txt) even though it's 3D and awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at rules.txt, it's quite complex. Perhaps no one thought it was worthy or something?

Also; I do happen to play Emperor: Battle for Dune, but you should know this Von. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got it, I rather enjoyed it too. I never played the multiplayer and never really got into modding it. I think I was more into YR, to be honest.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EBFD was great, it should have had a lot more attention than what was given to it, despite going against some Dune canon, i.e. a Dune laser when it hits a shield would cause something around the effect of an atomic explosion, yet in game it simply destroys both units or the Guild of Navigators having weapons ranging from slugs which could fire lightning balls to space-folding lightning discharge tanks and mega cannons, despite it being said they were always forbidden to have any weapons of the sort. The ugly Harkonnen bull is also not the right logo to represent them as they were always represented by an eagle? I think, plus the whole drafting up of House Ordos which never really existed in Dune, but I could live with it because they were an awesome side- chemical/bio weapons, borg-emotion-like soldiers, lasers and suicidal aircraft plus a solid music track? I always liked the way Ordos dealt with things, they are roughly like a cross between the Borg and the Ferangi in Star Trek, everything must be profitable, failure will lead to death or an example of failure (such as your head being kept alive on a post, a memorable scene in EBFD) but they really don't care about ethics or anything else other than themselves, which is why everyone in Ordos are mercenaries and not exactly a particular army, using unethical means to get what they want.

I also loved the way they did the Sardaukar, the logo for them fits (an imposing lion head) they actually look like mean tough Imperial shock troops, they do not crawl under fire as this is cowardice, they weild heavy machineguns for crying out loud, plus they always chant 'never surrender!' and 'no surrender!' even under heavy odds. Other sides such as the Teilaxu which use zombie-like plague carriers to turn infantry into carriers plus scuttling drones which can turn vehicles into more drones, and the IX which used holographic armies and cloaked explosive detonation droids were very interesting. The Fremen were more or less portrayed well too, and was kept the same, i.e. using sniper rifles and sonic wrist cannons as well as riding Sandworms, despite being very imbalanced in online matchups. Even though the Guild shouldn't have weapons, the way they did slot them in as a subfaction was also interesting, moving slugs which can fire electricity balls Palpatine style anyone?. So yeah, I'd recommend anyone to play this.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, the game got quite a bit of mods anyways, while modding wise it was rather picky for errors plus any additions and such would wreck campaign big time Razz

Nimrodel
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea great game

Loved the Shield system on the ordos Never seen shields used like that in a RTS yet

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love dune but am exedingly pissed

reason 1 i broke my old one and then go to by a new one

reason 2 i pay £20 for new one bring it home and it does not install #Mad Mad

reason 3 i go to take it back with receit they say "we cant take it because you could have coppied it" so im trying to find it again

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was patch released for the Emperor installer (setup.exe) so it will work in XP. Go find it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum