Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
(2-3) Bay of Navies [YR with TX 2.02]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject:  (2-3) Bay of Navies [YR with TX 2.02]
Subject description: My first map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my first map, Bay of Navies. It is 2-3 players, TX required, and has two versions. One where the players get some defenses, a Yuri Subpen, some ships, and two amphibious transports; and one version where the players get none of the stated. Each player starts with two oil derricks near their base, walls surrounding their 'area', which for the bottom player is a fair size. The top player, is somewhat limited in resources, but because he won't have to fight for them at first whereas the lower players may have to, it might or might not even out.

Preview.PNG
 Description:
The preview
 Filesize:  13.09 KB
 Viewed:  3855 Time(s)

Preview.PNG

Bay of Navies.zip
 Description:
The map.

Download
 Filename:  Bay of Navies.zip
 Filesize:  209.88 KB
 Downloaded:  1410 Time(s)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm i dont like how there is a player waayy up at the top of the map with no land connection to the other players Confused bad idea in my opinion.

might I suggest removing that player and making that a special island where some techies can be found?

also try to make your land and water not extremely blocky. I haven't looked at the map in FA2 yet and probably won't for awhile but I think it needs work from that minimap.
One thing I say is a MUST to have on the map is a nice big city in the middle of the 2 bottom players island/land thing about where that big patch of ore is.

Keep working on this and it will get better I'm sure. I love the map layout idea. Just remove that 3rd player thats at the top though Wink

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith wrote:

One thing I say is a MUST to have on the map is a nice big city in the middle of the 2 bottom players island/land thing about where that big patch of ore is.

Okay, good idea.

Ixith wrote:

hmmm i dont like how there is a player waayy up at the top of the map with no land connection to the other players bad idea in my opinion.

might I suggest removing that player and making that a special island where some techies can be found?

I might try this, but I'd need to know how to make the AI use amphibious transports to try and capture them, too, and then defend them EG with units brought up with the engies and/or dfense buildings. I don't know what tags to add to AI.ini to make it do so, nor what triggers to add to make them capture/defend. A mini-tutorial or link to how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Ixith wrote:

Keep working on this and it will get better I'm sure. I love the map layout idea. Just remove that 3rd player thats at the top though Wink

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon