Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
What will EA release first?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What will EA release first?
Generals Ladder Kit
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
The First Decade Patch 1.03
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
C&C3 Mod SDK
50%
 50%  [ 40 ]
None of them will ever be released.
43%
 43%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 79

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject:  What will EA release first?
Subject description: That sarcastic poll of the year!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once upon a time, EA has promised the C&C community a Generals Ladder Kit... something that would allow fans to run their own ladders online. This was... err... 2003.. and we haven't seen it yet.

The patch 1.03 for The First Decade is also a myth. It was suposed to fix the online problems and some other issues with Red Alert 1 that were fixed over a year ago by the community, yet, it's still not fixed officially. Now, people.. the secret revelation here: back in december, when I visited to EALA studio, they have a lot of posters from The First Decade, golden cds and a lot of concepts from all games on TFD in their work environment... and why is that patch still a legend?

The next item, that tends to become the next legend, is the C&C 3 mod SDK. They've only started to plan it properly after the game went gold. On march and april, you still had news about it.... vague news. They never gave us a real clue of what is included there, except for the original XML files, neither the progress of its development. We were simply informed that they appear to be working on it and, they seemed to have some priority on it.

So, it seems we have a clash of titans here. What will be the next release between these three options?

a) Generals Ladder Kit (and I believe in Santa!)
b) The First Decade Patch 1.03 (and I believe that easter bunny makes the easter eggs and give them to us)
c) C&C3 Mod SDK (and Fred Kruger will kill me in the next friday 13th)
d) None of them will ever be released. (I have no hope at EA)

Yea, folks, make your bets!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"I have no hope at EA"

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neither do I

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neither.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still have hope for EA, to be honest... so I'm rooting for Fred Kruger...

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing will be released. They have alredy got your money, why they should care about you now, foo..?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That ladder kit has long gone, I remember when they announced it too. Does that show my age? We'll get the SDK eventually, but I reckon during the summer, perhaps some weeks after mentioning an expansion pack.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh lol. Like Westwood really supported their games after release. They were so lazy that they NEVER released any maps after the game came out untill RA2 and YR (RA2YR has numerous maps...maybe 20-30 more with all the patches.). Never made any patches for Firestorm, which is obviously imbalanced. And speaking of abandoned things by WS...

Red Alert 3.03
Map Editor for Tiberian Sun (leaving the community to make a half-assed shittastic editor)

Oh, and EA being greedy? WS also is greedy. You can not play the Ant missions in RA without, WITHOUT CS. AFAIK same applies with the TD dino missions. Cov Ops just for four missions? pft.

Sorry to pop your bubbles, guys. Westwood is no better then EA.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

desu. Stop it. Yes WW is not better EA. But this will not change anything. Nothing will be released.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop what? The fans are just being hypocrits. Both of these companies are run by ztyping dolts. Its sad that fans can make better products then these companies...Of course they take forever to be made, but they are generally better. And free. Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA and Westwood both have bad and good qualities but we are living in the age where games are now so much more, we expect more things for our games now, modding kits, mapping tools. It seems we are just being pulled along by EA becuase they are so great for giving us a CnC 3.

Anyway I am hoping the Mod SDK will be out soon, but as Clazzy said probably when an expansion pack is announced ( if there is one, it may just come with the expansion pack to bring in the $ £ ).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has Westwood every given empty promises? Yes, but every single of those empty promises of Westwood were only empty because of EA.

I think I can safely say EA is worse than Westwood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Has Westwood every given empty promises? Yes, but every single of those empty promises of Westwood were only empty because of EA.

I think I can safely say EA is worse than Westwood.

EA is extremely dedicated towards other game series, look at Maxis games and Medal of Honour games. Besides, how active were you in the community when Virgin was in control of Westwood? I somehow doubt that you actually were and very few people from that era remain. Westwood was one of the biggest software companies in the world but after Red Alert was released they were becoming far too overhyped. Every magazine was considering TS to be the best thing since sliced bread, they had started work on Renegade and were probably starting on Earth and Beyond too (especially considering the timescale required to make an MMORPG). There was the lacklustre Dune 2000 too. Westwood were ultimately the victim of their own success and were losing ground to newer RTS games that actually progressed the genre. Westwood have been well-known for having many delays, especially in TS and Renegade where many features were cut out. Westwood made two fantastic games, C&C and Red Alert, but they failed to keep with the times. While the formula worked, they failed to actually innovate and expand, which EA persuaded them to do to some extent. Don't make WW out to be a perfectly innocent company that was butchered by EA, the latter part is true but WW were never perfect. They made many mistakes and let many people down. Remember that most WW games after Red Alert weren't considered overly good, including Sole Survivor, TS, EBFD, E&B, Renegade and Lands of Lore III (which was, incidently, massively delayed and was supposed to be part of a series of eight games).

Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, Sim City 3000, Dungeon Keeper 2, Battlefield 2 and The Sims (don't deny it wasn't good) are all good games and EA did many others. Obviously they had good developers to do that. Only BF2 was (in my mind) considered buggy on release and the issues were quickly sorted. EA are ultimately out to make money (like every other company on this planet, it's called capitalism) but they actually let their better developers have mostly free reign on what they wanted to do. If this wasn't the case, we would have NEVER seen E&B or Renegade since WW had never shown particular expertise in either genre.

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ea may be one of the most hopless company's on the planet but i think they will pull through so i say unfortunatley crugar #Sniper

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol. EA can buy your house and the entire neighborhood you live on, Sarpedon. I can hardly call them hopeless. Neutral

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CNC 3 expantion pack? NO! booster packs are the future! 3 new units, new options (1 or 2), new maps (3 is plenty), all that for 10-15 buck WHAT A DEAL! Laughing

A) canceled.
B) only when a new breed of pig is created.
C) with EA u never known..
D) seems to be the best option.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Clazzy:
You can't deny it was EA because of who (for the biggest part at least) Tiberian Sun didn't become as good as people expected. EA set a ridiculously early deadline and I also think that delay is more than acceptable when the quality of the game compensates for it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't be surprised to see an expansion pack costing £20-30 followed the SDK which conveniently requires the expansion to work.

And yes im still around OMG!!!111!!! now get back on topic.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You can't deny it was EA because of who (for the biggest part at least) Tiberian Sun didn't become as good as people expected. EA set a ridiculously early deadline and I also think that delay is more than acceptable when the quality of the game compensates for it.

It wasn't ridiculously early. Tiberian Sun had been in development since after Red Alert (or possibly even before, remember that they had been planning it since TD was made). The game had been in development for three years AT LEAST by the time it was released, which is more than enough time for a game to be made. If EA set a deadline, it was to force the game to be released, any later and it simply would have been eclipsed by other games. Homeworld was released shortly after TS and Total Annihilation had already been out. Perhaps EA did give WW too little time especially considering the transition from Virgin to EA, but they already had enough time that they squandered, it was delayed by nine months already, if you remember.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu, you fail to account for changing times and standards. When Westwood was with Virgin, they delivered far more than was expected from a games company at the time with a decent map editor and modding capability in Red Alert.
With TS, 3 years would be a perfectly reasonable amount of time to make it, at the very least. After all, they had to create a whole new engine and keep it up to date with the latest trends. It was really feature creep rather than EA that, in my opinion, hurt TS.

Comparing Westwood's old game to current games feature-wise is just like comparing the visual quality of classic movies to that of modern ones. Its an unrealistic and entirely unfair comparison.

Koen
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The C&C3 Mod SDK will be released first. I just hope they release it before August...

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like it will be up to us modders, as usual.

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, Balls. Three years is 'fair time'? Red Alert 1 was pumped out in one year flat by W$ to cash in off of Tiberian Dawn, plain and simple. Tiberian Sun was announced right with TD pratically, however, because TD was such a success, W$ got the idea 'HAY LETS CASH IN QUICK!!1 WRITE A STORY!' and ba-boom, TS got shelved right then and there, We got Red Alert in 1996.

Sun did not come out untill August 24th, 1999(U.S.), Electronic Arts acquired W$ in September of 1998. http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/news/eaacquireswestwood.htmW$ had 11 months to fix out TS and make it gold from acquisition. If anything , EA was rather generous with this game. It's been on the shelf since 1996, and it finally makes it out of development hell four years later thanks to EA. I think we should be thanking EA for making them release it, or we'd be saying "Tiberian Sun" Instead of Duke Nukem Forever.

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your knowledge of this scares me , all i care is that there out and thats that its only annoyibg when the retards down at westwood say "oh yeah it will be out really soon" then three weeks later "sorry we have had a three year delay"

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how can you have a three year delay in 3 weeks? Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trust me it happend with ff12 they said it would be out end 2006 and it came out 2007 it may not be that much but it piss** me off

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Desu wrote:
W$ got the idea 'HAY LETS CASH IN QUICK!!1 WRITE A STORY!' and ba-boom, TS got shelved right then and there, We got Red Alert in 1996.

Red Alert 1 was not a quick money grab, yes they decided to make RA1 after TD, however it would have been from getting the idea. And besides, WW would never have made anything without $$, so i dont see why making a game to raise $$ is a bad thing, especially since it was better quality then RA2, Generals or C&C3 put together Rolling Eyes

Desu wrote:
Sun did not come out untill August 24th, 1999(U.S.), Electronic Arts acquired W$ in September of 1998. I think we should be thanking EA for making them release it, or we'd be saying "Tiberian Sun" Instead of Duke Nukem Forever.

TS would have come out later, but not still be in development now, hell we would probably have gotten C&C3 by now in a far better quality form, EA rushes games, thats a fact.
Personally i prefer to wait another yr or 2 for a great game then get a 1/2 assed job that EA gives out.

And that is fact. Cool

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So i dont see why making a game to raise $$ is a bad thing, especially since it was better quality then RA2, Generals or C&C3 put together

Uh huh, yet EA does C&C3, we all flame them foaming at the mouth screaming,'GARGAH TEH MONIE MILKING EA!!1'. Im not saying RA is bad, though, it sold amazingly well and falls behind dawn for its terrible skirmish AI...

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually Desu, Red Alert had a actual skirmish AI, Dawn didn't.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Um, I do know this. Neutral I said it falls behind TD only because its AI is retarded(Read the RA rules.ini, apparently they built, post development, a nice AI system for it, too bad we never got it. :'(

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If i remember correctly, the AI in RA was far from retarted, play them on hard and you will see what i mean. The Brutal AI in RA2 doesnt seem to have the same driving force as its predecessor and is alittle easier.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its pretty hard on hard mode, but only because it cheats and just sends a huge constant stream of units.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time for a new poll.

>.>

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True... I'll think about something...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just check this link, and you know that EA did not rush Westwood.

Click!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New poll: What TC for TW will be released first?
TD
TS
RA
RA2
or Generals?
#Tongue

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And again no thing was released ^^

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C3 Mod SDK was...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon