Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Tiberian Wars
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:  C&C Tiberian Wars
Subject description: Or maybe C&C Scrincursion
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the SDK is out, the modding potential has finally gone from 0.9% to 90%, and there are abound to be mods a plenty, something to suit everyone's wishes.

I've been working a little bit of a mini-mod, nothing fancy. I can't do artwork (at least at the moment) and I'm still getting used to working with XML.

The basic principles are to help keep things balanced, while making each side quite definitive. And also working things to be a bit like.. how we all hoped C&C3 would be.

I've opened this topic, in asking for suggestions and opinions on ideas people have. As much as I have my own idea of how I'd like this mod to work out, I'd like some insight from you guys here.

My current intentions:

-=GDI=-
Basic idea - slow, and heavy but strong and powerful. Brute force.

Pitbull - Move back to needing a radar. Beef it up a bit. No mortar(give to the APC?) but a hover upgrade. Pretty much, making it the MLRS.

Orca given an anti-air, anti-infantry machine gun, similar to that on Vertigos.

Ox-Transport - For infantry, allow infantry to fire out, with the potential of the Ox being armed also.

Ox-Transport - For vehicles, have a heavy-duty version, able to lift heavier vehicles, but its slower, and more expensive. This would help combat GDI's general slowness, as well as giving them a better air-advantage over Nod.

Sonic Turret - Make it damage allied units also.

T1 Base Defense no longer powered. (At least Guard Tower). So although cheaper and less effective than Nod's, it doesn't require continuous power.

Notes: In TS, GDI was a slow workhorse, but was given additional mobility thanks to the Carryall. I want to bring back that ideal. It exists in TW, but only on a equal level with Nod.

-=Nod=-
Basic idea - fast, shadowy, precision. Cloak and dagger. Good Defenses.

Obelisk needs a beefing. Increase damage to destroy a predator in one hit.

Improve Obelisk+Beam Cannon ability. (Increase ROF and Range more, maybe more damage? Only more damage if initial Obelisk damage isn't increased.)

Increase range of Beam Cannon+Venom ability. Currently its not that effective in execution. Its a great concept, with good potential.

Nod defenses should be improved, more powerful, but more expensive to compensate. (Nod always had the best base defense.)

Avatar Upgrade - 20%/30% refund from the destroyed unit? Gain missile launcher from the bike, already have stealth detection.

EMP super weapon.

Subterrenean Tank/Transport - Give the subterrenean movement, as an ability, like the ZT Jetpack? Or give it an actual movement form? If possible. Detectable only via structures, not units.

Liquid Tiberium Power Plant - Rather than an upgrade, give them advanced power plants? I'd like Nod to be very power dependant.

Battery Special Power - Reserve power in the event that Nod loose power, to repower base defenses and such.

Tiberium Research Lab - Gives a Tiberium Processing Improvement. Thus increasing funds per harvest load.

Ablative/Regenerative Armour - Upgrade on all units from Tech-Centre.

Notes: Nod in TW rely on stealth, but it just isn't as effective as it should be. This needs to be corrected, so Nod can have more sneaky tactics, rather than having to rely on Scorpion or Venom spam.

Early on, Nod would be basic, cheap, quick units. However, once you get to higher techs, these units would become far more formidable weapons.

Also, in TD and TS, the Obelisk was a feared weapon on the battlefield. If you came across one, you'd freak. I want that feeling to return!

In general, I want to make Nod a more potent fighting force, without giving them uber units, or making them only spammable. I'd want them to EMP an area, hit that area hard without fear of retaliation, and then fall back. Hit and run.

-=Scrin=-
Basic idea - fast, continuous, advanced. Continuous hunter.

More efficient harvesters.

Increase the effect of the field regeneration with the Scrin devices.

Perhaps even get a small flow of cash from each device, like a Spike?

Both of these to help counter the Scrin's dependence on Tiberium.

Notes: Although their units are generally superior, they are more expensive to compensate. Scrin are very dependant on Tiberium, and as such, require small funding to be maintained. At least, the larger, high tech structures. Their units can regenerate, and are more energised/powerful in Tiberium and Ion Storms. As a result, Ion Columns will have running costs, to maintain this tiberian ion storm. The ion storm radius maybe increased to make more use of this effect better with units and aircraft.

-=General=-
Radar is returned to Radar buildings, not the Construction Yard.

MCV Price increase - 4000? Require a tech-centre?

AI Defense requires barracks
AT Defense requires war factory
AA Defense requires radar

Crane can construct basic defenses, but not T3 defenses or super weapons.

Return shroud?

Nod's stealth ability is hampered due to so many units having stealth detection. So to try and combat that, my proposal is to remove stealth ability from all T1 and T2 units and base defenses. T3 base defense will retain it, however. Also, T3 units also will have scanners. (GDI Mammoth, Nod Avatar, Scrin Tripod).
However, an upgrade can be purchased at the Radar building, to provide T1 and T2 defenses, as well as perhaps the original units, to regain scanners.
Also, an idea is, these added units would have different scanners (base defense would retain the usual scanner).
It would be in the form of the Orca Fighter pulse. But an automatic pulse. So although it would detect stealth units, the pulse would fade, and units could change course/escape before the next pulse kicked in.

Hover units can traverse across small obstacles as well as water.

I'd also like hover units to be able to traverse small holes and cliffs (no higher than unit height), but it seems the locomotor allows either all cliffs, or no cliffs.
Perhaps an idea to work around this is to give Scrin units (the more sophisticated Hover units) small booster thrusters, giving the same logic as ZT's jump jets.

I have more ideas, but my brain is shutting down at 2am. But I'd love to hear other peoples ideas and suggestions, so please fire away!

Last edited by Muldrake on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Pitbull - Move back to needing a radar. Beef it up a bit. No mortar(give to the APC?) but a hover upgrade. Pretty much, making it the MLRS.
It seems that in Kane's Wrath, there are going to be at least two new GDI hover units: the Shatterer Hover Sonic Tank (which could probably fill the MLRS's anti-vehicular role, at least to some extent) and the Slingshot (which will fill its anti-aircraft role).

Perhaps simply increasing the missiles' range and power

Quote:
Ox-Transport - For infantry, allow infantry to fire out, with the potential of the Ox being armed also.
Sounds a lot like GDI's new Hammerhead aircraft in Kane's Wrath.

Quote:
Or, as SgtRicko on the CNCDEN Forums suggests (although you should get his permission first), give the Avatar the equivalent of the Avenger's targeting laser in Generals: Zero Hour. The RoF boost should not be cumulative (i.e., you should get the same bonus for one Avatar as for five hundred).

Quote:
Give them EMP super weapon.
GDI was the one to create the Mobile EMP Emitter in Firestorm and were also the ones to create the EMP Bunkers, so it always confused me why GDI does not have their own equivalent of Nod's EMP Coils, when GDI was the one that was historically making the most progress on EMP technology.

Speaking of the EMP Bunkers, GDI built the satellites, so shouldn't they have the override codes? Even if that doesn't allow them immediate use of the satellites (as, IIRC, the beam itself originated from the EMP Bunker, not the satellite), shouldn't GDI at least be able to order the satellites to shut down, and wouldn't they do so once they learn that the EMP Bunker has been taken over by enemy forces? Wouldn't they at least lock out commands from that EMP Bunker?

Quote:
Subterrenean Tank/Transport - Give the subterrenean movement, as an ability, like the ZT Jetpack? Or give it an actual movement form? If possible. Detectable only via structures, not units.
I, personally, would recommend controls similar to the Shadow Team: press one button to get the unit to descend; press a different button to get the unit to surface.

Quote:
Ablative/Regenerative Armour - Upgrade on all units from Tech-Centre.
This doesn't really seem to fit into the "stealthy" gameplan that you have for Nod.

Quote:
Radar is returned to Radar buildings, not the Construction Yard.
This link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fu8YIG8uyQ) fairly accurately sums up my opinion of this change. Be sure to have your sound on.

Quote:
So to try and combat that, my proposal is to remove stealth ability from all T1 and T2 units and base defenses. T3 base defense will retain it, however. Also, T3 units also will have scanners. (GDI Mammoth, Nod Avatar, Scrin Tripod).
However, an upgrade can be purchased at the Radar building, to provide T1 and T2 defenses, as well as perhaps the original units, to regain scanners.
However, an idea is, these added units would have different scanners (base defense would retain the usual scanner).
It would be in the form of the Orca Fighter pulse. But an automatic pulse. So although it would detect stealth units, the pulse would fade, and units could change course/escape before the next pulse kicked in.
Or, you can remove Detector-status from all but Watchtowers/Shredders/Buzzer Hives and Venoms; let Orcas keep their Sensor Pulse and give a copy to Pitbulls/Attack Bikes/Seekers.

Quote:
Perhaps an idea to work around this is to give Scrin units (the more sophisticated Hover units) small booster thrusters, giving the same logic as ZT's jump jets.
I was actually considering something similar, although "Hover Boost" ability should reduce the unit's speed a noticeable amount while in use to keep people from using as a quick method of traveling over level ground.

I have also suggested in the past giving Scrin Gun Walkers and Corrupters the ability to scale cliffs.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, several ideas are like those units seen in KW (even though these ideas were penned before the announcement of KW), but that is a fair way off yet, and this is only a small modification.

SgtRicko's suggestion is a good one, especially if an ECM style ability cannot be coded in.

Indeed GDI did apparently show more EMP development, but initially it was a Nod only weapon, in the development of TS (hence why the ingame EMP cannon had the Nod logo on, not GDI's).
Also, Nod would have more need on it, in combination with their hit-and-run tactics.

I love your idea for the subterranean movement. Never considered the shadow team logic. Would add a lot of flexibility.

My "stealthy" game plan did also include more advanced technologies. Ablative armour would just make the armour more resilient to energy based weapons, like railguns and lasers. Or if it would be regenerative, it would only be a small effect, like how GDI's Mammoth Mk.III is regenerative.

With giving the sensor pulses to the units, I feel there is a little too much micromanagement involved to use them effectively.
And with the defenses, I liked the idea of having the ability of regiving them scanners with an upgrade, rather than removing from all but the anti-infantry ones.

With regard to the hover boost, that is doable, and a good suggestion.

I was unsure of letting the gun walkers and corrupters being able to scale cliffs, I'd like a few other opinions on that.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just recognized who you are: you're the GDI graphic artist for Tiberium Odyssey! Wow! I cited several ideas from your mod on another forum (and I do mean cited; plagiarism is something that I avoid at all costs)!

Quote:
Also, Nod would have more need on it, in combination with their hit-and-run tactics.
True; on the other hand, GDI has need of EMP weapons specifically to counter said hit-and-run tactics. My best advice (which may or may not be worth much) is to give Nod and GDI different but equally powerful EMP abilities. GDI could get the EMP Bunker either as one of their own buildings or as a new feature or upgrade to one of their existing buildings (BTW, that is one of TO's ideas that I cited. Irony, huh?). The EMP Blast hits instantly, allowing them to freeze an attack in its tracks.

Nod, on the other hand, could get their old EMP Cannon back, or some new EMP based ability, such as an EMP Bomb dropped from an Armageddon Bomber (the plane that brings in Mines, Vapor Bombs, and Tiberium Seedings). Whatever EMP ability Nod ends up with, it would have a delayed arrival, but that does not matter because you are effectively planning your attack around the arrival of the EMP Strike, not the use of your EMP Blast around an enemy attack. Whether Nod's EMP Strike should have a large area of effect than GDI's EMP Blast to compensate for the delayed arrival is a matter of debate.

Quote:
My "stealthy" game plan did also include more advanced technologies. Ablative armour would just make the armour more resilient to energy based weapons, like railguns and lasers. Or if it would be regenerative, it would only be a small effect, like how GDI's Mammoth Mk.III is regenerative.
I like the Regenerative Armor idea: strike, fade, regenerate, strike... Ablative Armor doesn't seem as well tailored to hit-and-run tactics.

Also, for the record, Railguns are advanced projectile weapons, not energy weapons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun).

Quote:
With giving the sensor pulses to the units, I feel there is a little too much micromanagement involved to use them effectively.
What about giving units with a Sensor Pulse some sort of proximity alarm, so that they know when a stealth unit in the area. That way, the Player would not have to keep juggling his Pitbulls/Attack Bikes/Seekers and Orcas. The player could tell which unit's had their proximity alarm triggered because those units would have a special graphic drawing attention to them (I was thinking of something like the normal Detectors' green beam, but red and moving around the unit like a search light instead of pointing at the cloaked unit).

Quote:
And with the defenses, I liked the idea of having the ability of regiving them scanners with an upgrade, rather than removing from all but the anti-infantry ones.
Really? I'm more of the opinion that, save air-only Detection for AA Batteries/SAM Sites/Plasma Missile Batteries, Detection should be limited to a single, dedicated (or nearly so) defensive structure. Then again, that is just my opinion, and it may or may not be the best system to use.

Elerium-155 wrote:
The Paltus should use a Cloaking Generator, big enough to cloak only itself. Note that GDI went towards the skies and NOD fled underground. If NOD had to use airlifting (very rare circumstances) as opposed to going underground, they'd need to stay very camoflagued as possible (were talking about masses of GDI interception, very bad for NOD). One could say that the power cost is enormous for the generator inside and as such, it carries no weaponry, only as a troop transport. There could be missions where a freak ion storm damages a Paltus cloaking device and makes it crash land. You've got to rescue the units inside (I wouldn't say technology, or secret plans, or very high generals, that'd go subterra) before GDI comes. I'm thinking more of a cloaked desperate goods transporter, or desperate reinforcement deployer.
I saw this idea on the "Suggestions or Ideas for TO" topic, in the very first reply, and it stuck with me. I later came up with a Stealth Transport idea inspired by this. Basically, the Stealth Transport has a Stealth Generator powered by a generator in the engines. Because of the source of the Stealth Generator's power, the Stealth Transport is cloaked while airborne, but when the engines throttle back for a landing, the Stealth Generator looses power and the Stealth Transport decloaks. On the other hand, when the Stealth Transport takes off or is moving, its Stealth Generator receives a burst of power, allowing to hide even from Detectors.

I had a similar idea that the Stealth Tank would be immune to normal Detectors and recommended a Mobile Sensor Array unit as a counter for both the Stealth Tank and the Stealth Transport. The MSA would detect the Stealth Tank or Stealth Transport via the aforementioned Proximity Sensor system and could use its Sensor Pulse to Detect the Stealth Tank. I am still working out how to best balance the various ideas that I have for the MSAs.

One thing about Tiberium Wars that I don't like is that there is little to no difference in the game between Lasers and Railguns. I have an idea to fix this "problem," but it is hard to describe. Simplified, it works that Lasers work on an energy bar and the damage done is proportional to the square of the energy used. Railguns have a low rate of fire but do massive damage and hit everything between the railgun and the target...and everything within range past the target. Sonic Weapons fire continuously (like the Beam Cannon) and do more damage the longer they fire at a single target (also, the more sonic weapons attack the same target, the faster the damage increases).

I have several other ideas, and will post them later if you are interested. Unfortunately, I have to go now. Thank you for your time.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you guys throwing ideas around, I don't have anything to add at the moment other than good luck Muldrake!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the EMP, the concept I had for TO, was;
Nod had the EMP Cannon. It had a long, but not infinite range, however it had a large area of effect.
The GDI EMP would be.. Satellite based. Yeah, like Goldeneye. (Hey, it was a good idea, and a good film!)
It could be deployed anywhere, however it had a smaller area of effect.
But, GDI doesn't need a new EMP, unless it replaces the Sonic Artillery bombardment.

With regard to the railguns.. I know what one is, because I've made one. #Tongue
I'm doing Physics at university, and I all too well of the mechanism which it uses. However, a real-life railgun and one in TS or even from the looks of it from TW, don't have much in common, as both would appear to be partly energy based.
So, my interpretation of a C&C Railgun, is a combination between a kinetic shell, and plasma.
A side effect of particular types of railgun shells, is a plasma being formed behind it, which also helps increase its kinetic energy due to pressure. But, if the slug also has an additional magnetic field, it may be possible that it could capture some of this plasma, so it would be a combined kinetic shell, with a plasma ball around it. This would explain the plasma trail behind it, as well as being considered an energy weapon.

In TO, I also wanted to add some better differences between weapon types, particularly the energy ones, and my ideas were:

Plasma - High damage, but short range. Also, some splash damage. Good against all armour types, except ablative.

Lasers - Low damage (initally), but long range. Its good against all armour and is able to penetrate and reach the inside systems, causing more crippling damage, possibly even a slight emp effect, to replicate the idea that the laser has penetrated the armour of a unit and hit a generator or control system. Ablative armour is able to deflect this energy partially though.

Railgun - High damage, and longer range.
Basically, a combination of plasma and a conventional shell. Longer range than ordinary plasma, as well as the conventional shell being able to damage ablative armour noticably, while still having the high damage and splash damage from plasma weaponry. So, basically, the best of both worlds.

Problem with the stealth concepts you have. You cannot get more energy out of the same power plant of a unit, when you are having to extract more power than usual for movement, like in take-off. If anything, it should be "more stealth" when it is not having to move. And currently, I'd prefer the idea of working on subterranean transports than cloaked air transports, sorry.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds very interesting, maybe our mods shud join forces

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love that, but part of the idea of the mod is just to be something small, nothing intensive, to make the game a bit more than it was.

Also, I have no 3D modelling or skinning skills to speak off, so besides a little coding work, I'd be useless for you with your bigger mod.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am worried that this potential mod is just going to be one of many similar mods, for example;

C&C Retarded
Termination

Although I have ideas of how to develop the mod, and change things, it would appear that most of the basic modifications are exactly what they've done, and heck, there is a lot in both mods which are interesting ideas which I'd love to steal.

So, I'm wondering if there is much point in developing it.

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
With the EMP, the concept I had for TO, was;
Nod had the EMP Cannon. It had a long, but not infinite range, however it had a large area of effect.
The GDI EMP would be.. Satellite based. Yeah, like Goldeneye. (Hey, it was a good idea, and a good film!)
It could be deployed anywhere, however it had a smaller area of effect.
That seems like a good system. In fact:

(http://forums.cncden.com/showpost.php?p=355607&postcount=103)
Quadhelix wrote:
EMP Uplink: based on a similar upgrade in the upcoming Tiberian Odyssey mod, the EMP Uplink is a Player-built version of the EMP Bunker. Each EMP upgrade draws fifteen units of power and occupies two upgrade slots. Requires a Command Post.
I recommended this as an upgrade to a Component Center like that on the Tiberium Graveyards page.

Muldrake wrote:
But, GDI doesn't need a new EMP, unless it replaces the Sonic Artillery bombardment.
I mostly agree, although the side of me that wants to defend my own ideas says that Shockwave Artillery costs $1500, is useless as an emergency base defense, and requires a Space Command Uplink, which requires a Tech Center. But that is just the petty, vain part of me.

As for Nod, they definitely should get some sort of EMP command power, either an EMP Cannon structure or replace one of their current command powers (Mine Drop, Decoy Army, or Radar Jamming Missile; I personally think that it should be the Mine Drop, but that's just me) with an Armageddon-delivered EMP bomb.

Muldrake wrote:
With regard to the railguns.. I know what one is, because I've made one. #Tongue
I'm doing Physics at university, and I all too well of the mechanism which it uses. However, a real-life railgun and one in TS or even from the looks of it from TW, don't have much in common, as both would appear to be partly energy based.
So, my interpretation of a C&C Railgun, is a combination between a kinetic shell, and plasma.
A side effect of particular types of railgun shells, is a plasma being formed behind it, which also helps increase its kinetic energy due to pressure. But, if the slug also has an additional magnetic field, it may be possible that it could capture some of this plasma, so it would be a combined kinetic shell, with a plasma ball around it. This would explain the plasma trail behind it, as well as being considered an energy weapon.
Interesting. I'm just starting my freshman year, but I think I see your point.

Muldrake wrote:
In TO, I also wanted to add some better differences between weapon types, particularly the energy ones, and my ideas were:

Plasma - High damage, but short range. Also, some splash damage. Good against all armour types, except ablative.

Lasers - Low damage (initally), but long range. Its good against all armour and is able to penetrate and reach the inside systems, causing more crippling damage, possibly even a slight emp effect, to replicate the idea that the laser has penetrated the armour of a unit and hit a generator or control system. Ablative armour is able to deflect this energy partially though.

Railgun - High damage, and longer range.
Basically, a combination of plasma and a conventional shell. Longer range than ordinary plasma, as well as the conventional shell being able to damage ablative armour noticably, while still having the high damage and splash damage from plasma weaponry. So, basically, the best of both worlds.
Sweet! Would the Railguns keep their original ability to go through multiple targets?

Muldrake wrote:
Problem with the stealth concepts you have. You cannot get more energy out of the same power plant of a unit, when you are having to extract more power than usual for movement, like in take-off. If anything, it should be "more stealth" when it is not having to move. And currently, I'd prefer the idea of working on subterranean transports than cloaked air transports, sorry.
The power for the cloak doesn't come from the Stealth Transport's power plant, it comes from the engine turbines. Thus, when the turbines spin slowly, the generator does not turn as fast and thus produces less power. Conversely, when the turbines spin quickly, the generator spins faster and produces more power. I could be completely mistaken about how this would work.

Muldrake wrote:
Although I have ideas of how to develop the mod, and change things, it would appear that most of the basic modifications are exactly what they've done, and heck, there is a lot in both mods which are interesting ideas which I'd love to steal.
As long as you get their permission first and give them proper credit, it's not stealing.

I wonder if it would be prudent to give Vertigo bombers a weapons swap, like the one on the Firehawk, replacing its single bomb with three plasma bursts (the weapon would probably be a modification of the weapon on the Scrin Stormrider). The Vertigo would have to decloak several seconds before firing and probably would do less damage to structures, but it would give the Vertigo extra functionality against tanks and would place it as a descendant of the Banshee, which seems to have been swallowed up by the void.

[Overly complex solution to a simple problem]
A possible solution for the "Crane problem" is to re-enable them to build everything that they originally could. The solution lies, not in eliminating their ability to produce defense structures, but rather in regulating where they can place their structures. Cranes should provide ground control similar to a Con Yard; however, the Crane's ground control is independent of the ground control provided by the Con Yard. Cranes can still be used to base crawl, but the Crane alone must be used: buildings built by the Crane expand that Crane's ground control; buildings built by the Con Yard expand the Con Yard's ground control. The ground control provided by Outposts, Con Yards, Cranes, Expansion Points, and captured structures can be used by all producers.

An example would be if Johnny builds a Crane at the edge of his Con Yard's ground control. Structures built by either the Crane or the Con Yard can be placed anywhere that Johnny has ground control. Now let's say that Johnny builds a Power Plant at his Crane and places it at the edge of his ground control. His Crane can still build anywhere that Johnny has ground control, but his Con Yard can build only within its own ground control and the ground control provided by the Crane. If Johnny then builds a Refinery at his Con Yard and places it at the edge of his Con Yard's ground control, then his Con Yard can build anywhere within its own, the Crane's, and/or the Refineries ground control; the Crane can build anywhere within its own, the Con Yard's, and/or the Power Plant's ground control. If Johnny were to capture an enemy Barracks, both his Con Yard and his Crane could build within the Barrack's ground control.
[/Overly complex solution to a simple problem]

EDIT:

Another Idea that I had recently, touching back on Stealth units, is a hierarchy of Stealth/Detection. While Detectors are capable of seeing certain Stealth units, they also possess an equivalent to the Sensor Pulse, which allows them to see Stealth Units that they normally could not. If a Detector is within Detection Range of a Stealth unit that it must use its Sensor Pulse to Detect, the Detect will activate a proximity alarm (which I mentioned in an earlier post).

1. Disruption Tower's Cloaking Field: The most easily penetrated stealth; any unit even remotely deserving of the tittle of "Detector" can see units hidden by a Disruption Tower. This is also the only form of Stealth to trigger the Orca's proximity alarm.

2. Cloaking Field: This covers Nod Harvesters, Vertigoes, Stealth infantry like Shadow Teams and Assimilators, and units under the effect of Nod's Cloaking Field command power. These units visible to Detector base defenses (i.e., Watchtowers, Shredder Turrets, etc.; I was considering the addition of special base defenses whose sole purpose was to fill this role, but one thing at a time). They are also vulnerable to the proximity alarms and Sensor Pulses of Pitbulls/Attack Bikes/Seekers, MSAs, and Venoms. GDI's Radar Scan is capable of revealing Stealth Units at this level.

3. Stealth Tank: Stealth Tanks and Avatars that have scrapped Stealth Tanks (and possibly Stealth Transports) are the only units that fall into this category. Mobile Sensor Arrays are the only units that can Detect units with Stealth Tank-level Stealth technology, and even then must use the proximity alarm/Sensor Pulse method. If an MSA is giving off a proximity alarm but none of the other Detectors nearby are, the cause is probably a Stealth Tank.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum