Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Decompiling the C&C3 .big files
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject:  Decompiling the C&C3 .big files Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a way to decompile the .big files from C&C3, obtaining the music tracks and the original .xml files (expecially about the single player maps?) Question

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, there is no way to do what you ask.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So pretty much we cant extract units, sounds, ect like in every other C&C?

;_;

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends what you mean by "units".
The .xml code is already included with the SDK.
We can get textures with jonwil's tool.
There are some of the models available in the sample art download and I believe jonwil is also working on a .w3x extractor.

I presume he could also do a sound one in a similar manner.

But the .big files aren't just archives like the .mix were, they've got other files going on in there (vague but I can't remember the filetype #Tongue).

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damnit. I want the Mammoth Mark 2, Juggernaut, and Titan Mark 2 for Scorched 3d.

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's really bad. There's something that I would look at the single player missions in the game.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehh, the singleplayer maps can be extracted, with the Big Extracter on this site. I know that, because i have done it too Wink

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe they have locked up the files in order to stop ripping. By the way this would stop any modification over modification (es. for TC Mods).
Hoping that someone will build up a site like C&C Argentina, with a lot of units and ideas for modders...

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course there's no one now that is trying to decompile the .big files, in order to create a tool for this scope no?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The .big files were cracked few days after the demo was released. But the music is in the bin/manifest/relo/imp files which were somewhat cracked, but the data inside them are customized or compressed in a way that people doesn't know how it works...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, actually, i remember talking to someone, cant remember hes name, but i know hes from DS. He said the Bin files can be opened using some tool found on the internet, something like a Binary Viewer or something.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean Bin Opener. It's downloadable at cnc3.net.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, i dont, he was telling me how it extracted raw data or something... he managed to open the music files.

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was asking if there was a way to reconstruct the original .xml and .w3d files from bin/manifest/imp/relo. Why this? Simply because some people learn the presence of some particular parameters or modding logic, only watching at the source (for example, I came aware of nuke bunker and tomahawk launcher, on C&C Gen ZH, only watching the source of a mod that Implemented that). I know that the "XML compiled shelter" is good against ripping, even if this practice is the result of the natural implementing the XML rules file logic in C&C 3, but this would cause a reduction of modding ideas, due to the fact that, for example, a problem is not discovered and fixed for public, but keep it secretly, and every modder should discover it by his/her own.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum