Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Looking for people to give feedback on my Project Manager
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:  Looking for people to give feedback on my Project Manager Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am looking for people who are willing to beta test/give feedback on my new mod project manager (first test version is almost ready).

Conditions:
1.You must have MSN, AIM, ICQ or Yahoo to communicate with
2.You must be willing to give honest feedback on how well it works, especially feedback on ways I can make it easier to use for novice users. (being a programmer with experience of using programming environments like visual C++, I know how to make something programmers will find easy but NOT how to make something that normal users will find easy. I have absolutely NO experience in UI design so if there is someone out there who does and is willing to help me design a usable UI for my tool, please let me know.)

I am especially looking for feedback on how to present errors to the user and what to do when errors are encountered.

3.You must be willing to report ALL bugs that you find in my tool.
4.I reserve the right to ignore complains about things that I will NOT be changing or adding (e.g. "why cant I use <name> instead of your XML editor" or "why does it require that all the files in the mod be located underneath the mod SDK folder" or "why does it not include a tibed style graphical editor to make editing the XML easier" or "why isn't the XML editor built into the main program" (the reason for the XML editor not being built into the program is because the license for the XML editor and the one for my program are incompatible) or "why does it not have better documentation").
and 5.I will listen to any feature requests you may give but I reserve the right to not implement them (but I will probably say why I am not implementing them)

If you are interested, post here with your details or contact me:
AIM jonwil2002
Yahoo jonwil2002
MSN JonathanWilson623@hotmail.com (do not email this address)
ICQ 77572965

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mean I gonna test new C&C 3 tools?
I can jion. But if to code something then drop me ^^

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, the first version is ready for interested parties to test now. Contact me on IM and I will give you a copy to play with Smile

godsun
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iam most likly wanted to help! Iam adding you right now Wink!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum