Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Predator tank
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chronosheep
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:  New Predator tank
Subject description: Ingame Pictures
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, I'm new on this forum, so don't get mad if my images don't show up or something...

Anyway, I never really liked the original Predator tank, so I decided to make a new one from scratch. Only the barrel and some small details are from the original model.
This is the first time I've made a model from scratch, and is also the first model I've ever textured, so some feedback and opinions would be much appreciated.

I am planning on using this model in my mod, but I haven't announced it yet, as I don't know wether I can complete it alone or if I'll have to join an existing mod team.

The pictures show the tank with or without railgun upgrade. The rocket pod will probably be made an upgrade, but I haven't bothered to code it yet.

Predator04.jpg
 Description:
With railgun upgrade. The original Predator can be seen in the background.
 Filesize:  331.28 KB
 Viewed:  7711 Time(s)

Predator04.jpg

Predator03.jpg
 Description:
Standard Predator
 Filesize:  342.18 KB

Predator03.jpg

Predator02.jpg
 Description:
With railgun upgrade
 Filesize:  328.67 KB

Predator02.jpg

Predator01.jpg
 Description:
Standard Predator
 Filesize:  345.34 KB

Predator01.jpg

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O.o

Re...Rea..Really Kickass! Shocked

Looks like a M1Abrams

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that a lot.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got rid of the worst tread system ever put on a tank. For that you deserve a medal.

And you did this from scratch? We should have a talk. Wink

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot better than the original, good work.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised
Holy mother of Kane! That is the most awesome-looking tank I've ever seen in my life. I must admit this Predator tank looks a thousand times better than the current one in the game.

godsun
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is an awesome 3D-Model! it looks really though/Heavy/Slow .. lets hope it also fire's rockets! Good luck with any further 3D modeling/Texturing!

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty nice for a first timer! Shocked

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work dude, I like the heavy look you have given it as well as getting rid of those stupid back tracks.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I can agree with all the previous statements here!

A brilliant model, especially for a first timer, and a huge improvement over the original (although part of me did like the design of the original, despite its impracticality)
A brilliant model, and some very nice texturing, it fits ingame wonderfully.

And welcome to the PPM forums! I look forward to seeing a lot more work from you!

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like a giant steel block fell on it....

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great, except I personally think the turret is a bit big for the chassis. Even so, it fits the GDI theme well and looks very well made.

I actually like the looks of the old Predator, the look of moving tracks. Obviously, exposed tracks in reality would be a liability, but not so in a game.

Anyway, great model, hope to see it released in some form or another.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Turret is not from the Orginal Predator?

And to the guys here who are very strict about original models being ripped, what do you call that model being shown now? not ripped? not copied? You are just plain ****

piece of advice to the orginal poster; dont show things that will make the other guys here drool in envy.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you should hold your tongue in places where it isnt needed. This is an example of an artists work where they made something using their skills, not something they ripped and called there own. So i would advise to kindly STFU and leave these forums for good, its your third post and your already trying to start flame wars in multiple topics, especially ones you wont be able to handle.

Back on topic, I cant wait to see more of your work.

HaydenG
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dregan wrote:
I think you should hold your tongue in places where it isnt needed. This is an example of an artists work where they made something using their skills, not something they ripped and called there own. So i would advise to kindly STFU and leave these forums for good, its your third post and your already trying to start flame wars in multiple topics, especially ones you wont be able to handle.

Back on topic, I cant wait to see more of your work.

I second that motion.

Chronosheep
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot for all the (mainly) positive feedback. Most people seem to like the model, and I'm not planning on doing any significant changes to it.

Just one comment though: Let's try to keep this flame free (I can smell something smouldering). I will only reply to serious posts anyway.

I'm currently working on some more models and concepts, but I want people to keep in mind that I'm not very experienced, and therefore that it takes alot of time for me to make these models (especially the textures).
In other words: Don't expect me to make new models at the same rate as other mod teams.

BTW: For those who have asked, or is planning to ask me to join their mod or help them with something: I really appreciate your offers, but for now my main priority is making models for my own mod, so I don't have time to work on a second project at this time.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats a shame man, i really could use some awesome talent like urs on my mod.

noek1993
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Realy cool stuf

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum