Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Music MOD Source
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject:  Music MOD Source Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well after two weeks of stress, frustration, crashes and a little help from godsun I've finally got my music mod working which replaces the CNC 3 sound track with the TS one. Well I was going to upload the completed mod as well but 266MB is too bigger a file to upload to PPM. Well here is the code I give up full permission to use it and you don't have to credit me but before you go plugging the code in to your mods there are a few important things I need to tell you.

Important information relating to version 0.01
1. The files you need to use are:

SoundMod.xml
MusicScript_CommonConditions.xml
MusicScript_BlueZone.xml
MusicScript.xml
MusicScript_UnknownZone.xml
MusicScript_RedZone.xml
MusicScript_YellowZone.xml

2.Editing the action tracks works almost the same way as the base build and explore tracks do

3. Adding music tracks without a MP3 pass through, to SoundMod.xml, will cause CNC 3 to crash on start up.

4. I had to limit the music tracks to 25 to avoid a possible engine limitation were to many MP3 music tracks can causes CNC 3 to flood your PC's physical memory consequently crashing the game. Which happen to me.

Well thats all download and have fun!

NOTE: There has been an update check the bottom of the page for details.

Version 0.03 as of 27/09/07

MusicMod_v003.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MusicMod_v003.rar
 Filesize:  9.91 KB
 Downloaded:  298 Time(s)

Last edited by Gun Ship on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 am; edited 8 times in total

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, Thanks Gun Ship! Smile

I hadn't gotten around to messing with the music, I've been running winamp with TD music playing during a game. lol I will definately check this out.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, sounds good!

Just a thought though... is it possible to stop the music change for when battle situations transform, into a playlist style?

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the soundtrack controls work like this. When you start a skirmish match or an online one the first play list to be executed is the base build one. After you have explored a set amount of the map the explore tracks play list is executed and when someone build a end game super weapon, such as a ion canon, the explore 2 play list is started.

When it comes to battles, i.e your battalion of mammoth tanks runs in to a swarm of Nod rocket troopers, the action track play list is started and what ever track you were hearing from either the base build or the explore play lists will be paused. The action track will play through and time out after 30 seconds once the battle is over. The previous track you were hearing, before the battle started, will start off from were it was paused.

To prevent the action tracks from cutting in you will need to edit this code

I believe all that is required is ALLOW_KILL_MID_FILE to be changed to DISALLOW_KILL_MID_FILE but I'm not sure because I haven't tried it myself.

Hope this helps.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice source while there is unnecessary stuff in there but anyways its better example than mine was as didn't have time to document it so just gave it for godsun's mod to edit.

btw action tracks edit is same thing so works fine Wink

long story short tho, the system is crappy for all who want old fashioned play menu. Sad

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
btw action tracks edit is same thing so works fine

Thats odd when I tried to edit the action tracks it didn't work for me. Anyway I agree with you Apollo having the ability choose what tracks will be played from a menu was a much better system. In all honesty EA has made this a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe we should ask them to bring it back in Kane's Wrath? I know that they are getting another music guy to do the tracks...

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There wouldn't be much point in a play menu for this soundtrack because there isn't any decent music.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell I'd take the Generals style of music playing over the crap in TW. At least it plays the songs in a sequential uninterrupted order despite the fact that there are pauses between tracks and you can't control the music.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Maybe we should ask them to bring it back in Kane's Wrath? I know that they are getting another music guy to do the tracks...

You could try but I doubt they would listen.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
Quote:
btw action tracks edit is same thing so works fine

Thats odd when I tried to edit the action tracks it didn't work for me. Anyway I agree with you Apollo having the ability choose what tracks will be played from a menu was a much better system. In all honesty EA has made this a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

True while EA's current soundtrack hardly deserved a play menu, it would have been nice for mods especially total conversions and when you thought music couldn't get more boring since generals... C&C3 did it and still generals had few pretty nice tracks in each side plus again the custom musics per each side but here...you hear same thing... i planned scrin musics, gdi musics, nod musics but i can't so far limit it to sides Crying or Very sad

anyway in other success of mine i kinda did manage to change Nod's eva to cabal but not by standard means which still keeps failing for me #evil

anyway gun ship, if you still can't get action tracks work, talk to me in msn as they work in my mod. Smile

Ignus
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: extract music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing, congrats!

I'm not yet much into CNC3, but I have a question: how can I extract the gameplay music tracks from the big files? I want to listen to them, but I couldn't find any familiar files (mp3, ogg, etc.) in the big files. Can someone help me with this?

--
Thanks in advance!
I.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: extract music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ignus wrote:
Amazing, congrats!

I'm not yet much into CNC3, but I have a question: how can I extract the gameplay music tracks from the big files? I want to listen to them, but I couldn't find any familiar files (mp3, ogg, etc.) in the big files. Can someone help me with this?

--
Thanks in advance!
I.

Short Answer: No can do

Long Answer: you could extract the *.cdata files that are the music tracks but given its EALAYER3 (EA's custom format) used, you can't convert it to standard mp3, ogg etc for listening, you can however use the world builder to listen the music tracks in the game if you wish.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got the action tracks working LOL it was so obvious what I needed to do. Anyway has anyone had problems with your RAM being flooded when you edit the sound track? I need to know so I can make sure this coding I've been doing is stable.

Last edited by Gun Ship on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
I got the action tracks working LOL it was so obvious what I needed to do. Anyway has anyone had problems with your RAM being flooded when you edit the sound track? I need to know so I can make sure this coding I've been doing is sable.

Yeah i got same problems which i have been investigating, oddly i have had like 30 tracks coded in and no crashing in official maps what i tried but fan maps was certain out of memory crashes during game then as extra caution i used IsStreamed=true for most the tracks while according to EA that is default set but the memory crashes not make much sense if the music is streamed as default... dodgy EA coding ? Confused

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: music MOD Source Update. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've made an update to my coding and it appears to be stable. I haven't made any dramatic changes all I've really done is a couple of bug fixes, a coding clean up and I've added more notes to SoundMOD.xml.

Important information relating to version 0.01, 0.02 and 0.03
1. The files you need to use are:

SoundMod.xml
MusicScript_CommonConditions.xml
MusicScript_BlueZone.xml
MusicScript.xml
MusicScript_UnknownZone.xml
MusicScript_RedZone.xml
MusicScript_YellowZone.xml

2.Editing the action tracks works almost the same way as the base build and explore tracks do.

3. Adding music tracks without a MP3 pass through, to SoundMod.xml, will cause CNC 3 to crash on start up.

4. Music tracks are still limited to 25 to avoid a possible engine limitation were to many MP3 music tracks can causes CNC 3 to flood your PC's physical memory consequently crashing the game. Which happen to me.

5. Do not double up MP3 pass throughs. Doubling up on pass through will cause CNC 3 to crash. If you wish to use a MP3 track more than once check the notes in SoundMOD.xml.

6. Do not delete this code from the common conditions .xml! Deleting it will shut up the action tracks but it will cause CNC 3 to do the memory flooding thing.

version 0.03 27/09/07

MusicMod_v003.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MusicMod_v003.rar
 Filesize:  9.91 KB
 Downloaded:  252 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum