Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Get ready to show your ID..
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:  Get ready to show your ID..
Subject description: Oh Noez...Its A new Internetz lawz....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Link : http://news.filefront.com/chinese-mmo-bans-males-from-playing-female-characters/

Quote:
Players of the Chinese MMORPG, King of the World, may have found themselves unable to log into their accounts this past weekend. The game’s publisher, Aurora Technology, has apparently frozen the accounts of all male players choosing to play as a female characters. Now, only female players can play female characters, and they’re required to prove their gender via a webcam. Females wanting to play males are still allowed though.

I’m still waiting to hear a reason for this though. The best I can think of is that they wanted people playing to be sure that the people they were talking too were really the gender they claimed they were, but then why still allow females to play male character? Seems like a pretty easy way to drive off a lot of customers though. Besides essentially getting rid of any male wanting to play as a female character (a fairly large consumer base), what about all those people who had their characters really built up at the time of the ban? Are they just out of luck and have to start over? And the webcam thing really isn’t going to deter male players from playing as females. All you’d need is a female friend willing to sit in front of a computer for a couple minutes or a penchant for cross-dressing.

Is all I say for now >_>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow is all I'm gonna say. But as it was meantioned, it isn'th hard to fool them over a webcam.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Devs so ronery! Need camwhores for freeting ribido.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just take a smap shot of your chest and say you just very flat #Tongue

Shame,I always play as girls no matter what game not for the cleavage...more of the Advantages.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like telling ppl you will show them a pic of you topless if they let you kill them

Quote:
Devs so ronery! Need camwhores for freeting ribido.

WTF?

Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must agree with Renegangsta with WFT, but what can we do... Its china now if it happened anywhere else say England that would be odd... Anyways that is just odd that they have banned males from being females but i can see why in some cases but what ever it might be for the best.

Blaze, Demon of The Round Table, Mobuis One call me what you want I am one with the sky.

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really can't say I'm shocked, or surprised for that matter.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is a good move, hopefully other games will follow suit.
People need to learn to act their gender in online games #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screw that lol.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It sort of takes the Role Play out of Role Playing Game, doesn't it?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, China.

Well stuff like this was obviously coming as they seek to stranglehold everything in the game markets over there.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not just that, China has always had strict social rules about gender and homosexuality. I guess maybe they think acting a different gender makes you homosexual.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since when?

Speaking of which,this sounds like a fun MMO-RPG!
What?!I have to show myself on a webcam*as a girl*???.I dont even have a webcam...Gay...

Uh-huh

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

friday-13th wrote:
Since when?

Speaking of which,this sounds like a fun MMO-RPG!
What?!I have to show myself on a webcam*as a girl*???.I dont even have a webcam...Gay...

Uh-huh

I can't wait to hear how people find a way past this, if they can. XD

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Why not lol?I'll just ask my mom to sit infront of the webcam.But i won't tell her its for a game,I'll tell her I'm doing a project on aging #Tongue

Lol,I got this from another forum,and they thought of way more ridculous things.

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ Ask my gf to sit infront of the camera for me?

Than again, I won't be playing this game, nor do I live in China.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah,lucky lol.But just incase when bush gets over thrown and ESRB starts to smoke sutff,thats when North america and US are gonig to get owned...

Lol @ gunz,cause 98% of the girls on gunz or men...And think of warrock lmao...very very few medics.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least on WarRock, it could never happen since you HAVE to be a girl to be a medic...
Well, I guess your SOL if you need a medic! Razz

This law is pretty foolish, I actually never even heard about this while I was over there...strange. Guess I didn't watch enough TV...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wasn't on TV,cause you would've seen it.
LOL @ WOW

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

friday-13th, you're fuking wierd. I do hope nothing particullarly painfull happens to you...today.

As said on FS, I fully support this. To hell with gay people!

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmmmm......
You wanna start something now?
well sit down,I aint gonna get involved with an argument on how it's gsy for guys to play as girls.

Aaaaanyways,skipping ahead of the stupidness,I kinda see this as a stupid law,but I dont really care.If the commies want to pull a webcam check,be my guest.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember seeing a server full of medics on Warrock... o.o

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reely wots the deal with guys playin as girls and vice verca reely whats the deal?

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MaeB try usi'n propa werds wen u post N stop act'n stooped.

lol geez,Let people do what they want,it's a free world(Including p2p #Tongue), why should you guys care if other people play as a girl?Worry about yourselves,not other people you don't even know online.If it's a 40-year old fart,let him be,he's probably a fat guy with long hair,glasses and pimples/zits all over his face.No one's gonna get hurt.

Datss da deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum