Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
"Defeat on start" error(multiplayer).
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject:  "Defeat on start" error(multiplayer). Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My friend and I wanted to play a game on TSTW(latest), he created a game, I joined, game starts but right after we both are defeated. I know things aren't perfect in this mod but does this happen to everyone? We tried a few times but with same result.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was able to play with my bro fine with no errors

ttry uninstalling then reinstall

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you also post this on TumSun under another nickname?

This looks a lot like the RA2/Generals 'all my units explode!' bug, which happens when things are not correctly installed.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I havent posted about it there. The install was perfect afaik.

The game was patched up on both computers and the mod was added there after. Both comps have XP but I'm not sure if i set the games on compatibility mode, though I don't see any need to(Latest version has it's own startup you know.).

N0B0DY!
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some one has a sulotion for this one?

Im having the same problem Embarassed

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you have triggered the copyright protection either by a leginamet copy or reinstall

N0B0DY!
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ORCACommander wrote:
you have triggered the copyright protection either by a leginamet copy or reinstall

Please explain.

Ive one legal game and installed it on both pc's.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reinstall and see if that fixes the problem Wink

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

N0B0DY!
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok il try it out.

Nice to see that people still reply on a topic thats almost 2 years old. Smile

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had this problem on YR before, and to only way i fixed it was to get TFD, maybe you should try to get an TFD version sun.exe file.

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
N0B0DY!
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the reinstall did not work.
Still got a direct defeat on start. Sad

And what is TFD?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TFD = The First Decade

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
FL_Freak
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am having this exact same problem.

I also did a complete reinstall, everything perfectly installed.

and it crashes, on both tiberian sun installed
and tiberian sun + firestorm installed

what shut I do Sad Sad Sad

it seems that if everyone has this problem, so can the mod makers have some sort of fix for this in next version??

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod was finished a while ago. This isn't a mod problem, this is your problem.

Games will not play against each other with the serial code AFAIK. I strongly discourage you from finding a CD Key Generator and installing under two serials. Strongly discourage. :p

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Network games on 1 serial code were fine for TS. That was the awesomeness of it, in that with one copy of the game, you had 2 workable CD's for network games.
Won't work online though, I don't think.

And does the crash only happen during the mod, or when you play a non-modded ordinary game also?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, TS does not have the same thing as RA2, this seems to me that its TSTW related...

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, wait, you can't have the same serial in RA2? Cuz I know for a fact it works in RA2 and YR, dual-installs that is.

Spent many an hour playing BWR and RS with a friend.

And why would this be a TSTW thing?

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only time I have seen this happen in ra2 is when there is a new modded mcv and the short game option on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon