Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
"Report this post" button
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:  "Report this post" button
Subject description: Early presents! Firefox only.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firefox users, attention! Once again, I bring you shiny custom-made fun. This time, I have created a GreaseMonkey script that creates a "Report this post" button next to each post. That button will give you the chance to report said post to one of the four global moderators, Banshee, Muldrake, Clazzy or Morpher.

Installation:

Fin. Now every viewing of a topic shall give you abilities to report any single post. Click the "Report this post" button on an inappropriate post, and select the moderator you want to receive the report (or click the "Report this post" button again if you have changed your mind). Take note: This sends a PM to the moderator you choose, and you have no way of knowing whether someone else has already reported said post. So, don't use it excessively, since Banshee and Muldrake are both overworked at the moment.

gordon-creAtive
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work, DCoder!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Idiot Report. Nice.

Will definately be handy little tool.

Thanks DCoder.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DC, you are a king! This is awesomeness! Can custom buttons be made for it?

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap, Finally, Epic win.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper, yea, see line 67, and add any other usernames you want to that list.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder, thank so much for this, a little something to making moderation easy. It is very much appreciated, thank you.
And its good to see some people already making use of it.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder wrote:
TSHyper, yea, see line 67, and add any other usernames you want to that list.

Awesome, maybe ill get around to making a button that fits the skins nice ^_^

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake, you're welcome. It only took me about half an hour, and it was fun to do.

TSHyper, line 67 is actually for adding extra buttons, not for customising their style. If you want to customise the way they look, you'll need CSS knowledge and Stylish.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awww... ok, i have stylish already. Ill just mess around with it and see what i get.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work DCoder. This should become handy over time.

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh! Could somebodymake a f* Guide for it , #2gunfire #Sniper #Robot handy tool

N....oo....oo...oo members dont report me me
Thisshould help

Last edited by Don on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder pretty much covered it in his post.

1) Use Firefox.
2) Install Greasemonkey
3) Go to http://dc.strategy-x.com/ppmreport.user.js and Greasemonkey should automatically install the script to firefox.
4) You'll get a new button which is located underneath the avatar of the poster, click it, select moderator to PM. And it'll do report that post.

DCoder.. pretty much summed it up in his first post, if people would read it.

And again, I can't thank DCoder enough for this, its helped take the stress of having to check this place continuously for signs of flamage. Which right now, less stress is golden..

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was no problem, really Wink Anything else I should invent?

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but I don't use FF.
I don't see why this feature hasn't been implemented in the forums by Banshee/whoever anyway.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats with most user-made web tools ending up on FF before IE? Other then that, this is a very useful tool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bada Boom Bada Boom wrote:
Whats with most user-made web tools ending up on FF before IE? Other then that, this is a very useful tool.

It's because IE is made of fail, whereas Firefox isn't.

gordon-creAtive
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me votes for making this thread sticky

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. I've been waiting for a Report button for a long time now. Excellent work, DCoder. Smile

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know why Banshee didn't do it before, maybe just didn't get the time to doing it.

Either way, he won't enable a proper feature now, due to the imminent transfer to phpbb3. I don't know if that will have a report feature built in, if not, I'll definitely try to push for one.

In the mean time, this works brilliantly.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want one in phpbb3 Smile

Good work DCoder, shame i don't use firefox #Tongue

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder wrote:
It was no problem, really Wink Anything else I should invent?

Can you make it as a widget for Opera please #Crazy #Crazy #Smile_colors

This should help

gordon-creAtive
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The widget lives outside the Web browser, directly on the user's desktop without any of the regular user interface elements, such as title bars.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to code this script for Opera. I propose to switch to Firefox, it's really worth it.

Edit: I was wrong, Greasemonkey-Scripts work in Opera, thanks DCoder (but this has nothing to do with widgets)

Greasemonkey for IE: http://www.gm4ie.com/

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want Greasemonkey for opera

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What kind of blacklist?
BTW great tool DCoder Smile

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't seem to work properly in Opera, you get the button but clicking it doesn't do anything.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daz, I don't use Opera, but I will look into it later, when I have free time.

gordon-creAtive
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D, you should add an indicator of success to this script, it's not always clear if the PM was sent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!