Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
A small tibtwilight news
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject:  A small tibtwilight news Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah again but very small, the PC Gamer mag ask some question to EA, and one about CnC Tiberium Twilight:

Quote:
Q: Since EA bought out Westwood, is there going to be a Tiberian Twilight?

A: Ho ho ho!

Remember, "Ho Ho Ho !" is a copyright of SantaClaus since all the times, so that will be for Christmas but we don't know if it will be for 2004.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh,... guys, C&C is over. They will release another bugged and rushed game with lack or a cursed storyline...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol..damn i hope not... c&c got a good storyline...

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think there's still hope it'll be a good game. Because it isn't made by EA Pacific, the ones that made RA2 (a crap game if compared to other C&C's IMO) It is being made by EALA, Former Westwood. With many original Westwood guys, i think.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA says: Make a 3d game with a new engine + bunch of units + multiplayer + map editor in 6 months!!!

EALA will do, but it will be bugged, rushed, lacking details, etc....

They need time... even Blizzard wouldn't be able to make miracles...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you really think they'll do something like that? it's strange.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA set estimated time to have a project ready. Do you still wonders why in the end of every year you see a Fifa soccer game released and all other EA sports game? They have estimated time to finish their projects. EA doesn't care about quality: they want TIME. TIME is money. Blizzard spent more than 3 years working on Warcraft 3. When it was released, it didnt had even half of bugs that Generals had... because they had time to test, to improve the engine, to fix bugs, etc... Generals was not enough tested. EA will repeat the same mistake. I'm sure, it was not EAP's fault.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and still no news of TT at E3 Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The EA guy, mr. Burton, confirmed that there was no C&C in E3 Sad.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't notice much errors in Generals... unless you mean the crappy interface, dumb ai, and uninspired units/dull gameplay...I mean sometimes in a unit battle i order a group of units to do something, then some units go turn around completely.....then i can't surpress a scream #Mad

However it's a fun game to play for half an hour orso.. but then it gets boring and i get back to TS modding or play some UTk3 Wink
But i think the game ITSELF sucks...and not mainly because of the errors. I mean you don't need many hours of testing to see that you should REDO all of unit AI. But of course they didn't have time to redo the AI...because of EA.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*cough* Hence RedGen *cough*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The EA guy, mr. Burton, confirmed that there was no C&C in E3 Sad.

yes but there would be perhaps some screenie or concept art for the ECTS

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the game had several cheats like, for example, the American barracks. If you sold it, you'd gain a bunch of Rangers... much more than what you spent to buy it. Havard himself posted a list with 18 bugs (some were really bad) when they were working on the 1.5 patch... and there are still a bunch of bugs to be fixed...

ArgCmdr
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive heard some rumors but i want to see something else before confirming their veracity. But definitely i dont think EA can pop out something comparable to TS or previous games...

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
EA says: Make a 3d game with a new engine + bunch of units + multiplayer + map editor in 6 months!!!

EALA will do, but it will be bugged, rushed, lacking details, etc....

They need time... even Blizzard wouldn't be able to make miracles...

Isn't necessary build a new engine, EALA can use a improved version of Generals Engine (like RA2 that uses a upgraded version of the TS engine without old TS bugs) & can EALA re-use the map Editor like the last c&c Map editors (...Final Sun... Final Alert 2...).
With all this only is necessary create the TS World (graphics, sounds, few new code on the engine) and... ho ho ho! TT in 6 mounths more or less. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: The philosophy of a programmer is re-use the available material & if not have any material, the programmer create it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ArgCmdr
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"God please tell EA to re-make mediumly SAGE if theyre gonna use it"...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm i hope that for TT i will not have to had a pentuim 10 with 10K giga hertz and a geforce XLL Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2ghz will be enough #Tongue...

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the HO HO HO crap was them falling out of their chairs laughing at us for even hoping for TT

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably.. I'm sure that if they ever do it, it won't be ready on the christmas of this year...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EALA is making expansion pack for Generals, called "Zero Hour".

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
EALA is making expansion pack for Generals, called "Zero Hour".

we know all now seaman, but this news his very old Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!