Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Any suggestions for the website?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject:  Any suggestions for the website? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People complain that the current design sucks, that the site needs to be reformulated, but now I think we need more direct replies to know what the hell does it really needs. Ok, we know it needs contents, it doesnt even have a download section, but it will have (for registered users only). We also plan to add some of the forum features in the site. We will also put the comunications section near the top due to the requests from Greyfox, so more people would visit the forums. We will advertise much more than it was advertised (I´m just awaiting a new layout). Any more suggestions? Feel free to give constructive ideas or bitch at things that are wrong. We are here to listen to you, visitors, specially because it´s being made for visitors.

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about a cool animated nav bar like K-dude did on the old site?it's simple but yet realy gives a cool and unique feel too the site

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm... does anyone here know how to do that? Because we dont exsactly have the most skilled website builders, like Karreman was. I mean Banshee, kane, and CC, are good, but they probably dont as much stuff as Karreman knew.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was simple Java. Anyone with a couple bucks to buy the registration code could install it. The problem is that it slows the website down. All those flashy animated things and stuff can take away from a website, despite being cool. Simple text menus always look really good, so why bother with Java?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I would sacrifice time for looks. And the team-ppm site loads up preatty fast for my 56k Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This idea has already been applied in the new design. All you need is to use onMouseOver= and onMouseOut. It doesnt slow down the loading time, but when you put your mouse over the link, it sorta take some milisseconds to load the new picture and it´s easily noticable by the user. I´ve already seen a way that avoids this kind of stuff with the Fireworks from the university. I´m gonna analyse the code and try to improve, so it wont lag.

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Karreman site designs will always out do yalls simply because he is a better designer then you guyz not saying yall arent doing yall's damnest to make the site as good as possible but you know...

neways my sugestion as ive stated in forum suggestions AFFILATE AFFILATE and AFFILATE some more we need more users Embarassed thats oen reason i didnt come ehre for awhile cause well it was boring as hell around here thats why i left the CnC community ExCepT for my precious FS Very Happy for awhile there at least but im back and completly recharged and revamped Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right, Chris... btw, I've re-read Mav's idea and I've noticed that I misunderstood that. We wont use that kind of navbar in the site. I personally prefer all options already exposed to the user instead of searching options around. We will search for more affiliations after the new design is done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!