Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Slaughterfest (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Slaughterfest (2-8) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay well here is my first map im posting yay! Tell me what you think

Note : i am latino444 but apparently somebody already took the name on this forum! This map is meant for online play but works just fine in skirmish

Yourbase.JPG
 Description:
Your base....
 Filesize:  153.78 KB
 Viewed:  8102 Time(s)

Yourbase.JPG

Virus superweapon.jpg
 Description:
New SW
 Filesize:  1.8 MB

Virus superweapon.jpg

ChemInvasion.jpg
 Description:
Invasion!!!
 Filesize:  1.37 MB

ChemInvasion.jpg

Slaughterfest.jpg
 Description:
Minimap
 Filesize:  49.27 KB

Slaughterfest.jpg

Slaughterfest.zip
 Description:
I hope its good

Download
 Filename:  Slaughterfest.zip
 Filesize:  61.75 KB
 Downloaded:  576 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome.

its nice to see maps not for TS, thats for sure. Do stick around even if this critiscism seems harsh.

1:Symmetrical maps aren't popular. A lot of people don't riek them because they are, well, I don't know. Maybe because they look 'easy to make'. But, they're not popular. Just a note.

2: Oh God the lighting is BRIGHT. If you're a mapping newbie thats OK, but, I suggest looking at some RA2 and TS maps for lighting ideas. Campaign maps in particular look the best.

3:Is the map itself modded? I see custom superweapons and units with non stock cameos. if it is, please put a notice on it. If not, do the same. It is kind of confusing. Also, release a unmodded map if possible. If a modder wants to use your map with his/her mod, and you've modded half the units, compatability isn't going to be pretty!

Keep the maps up. Smile

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symmetrical maps aren't bad if they're done fairly and not just whore gems and derricks maps. This looks like it could be fun for team games.

Could do with an unmodded version though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't say they were bad. I've played a few symmetrical maps better then most non symmetrical maps. Eye candy maps are nice, but when it takes a week to get 1000 credits from your 6 Harvesters/Miners, it isn't fun.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol you know the funny thing mei ling i thought those exact same things. this is like my only symmetrical map that i did make in about an hour. i do have a mission map i made with a friend I'm thinking of posting up. but why do people keep making ts maps more? u think they would stick with the newer stuff like cnc3 lol

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Street
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree there needs to be more C&C3 maps, I wish I knew what people was going on about fan maps not running as smoothly as original maps, all seem same to me. Get better RAM and Graphics cards IMO.

Oh yea and nice map, would be good for ranked games as its symetrical, if I still played YR Id proberly download it.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fan maps just take a little longer to load. probably because they're not packed like the stock maps(and in a directory across the harddrive.).

The TS thing, I don't know... People say TS is better and offers more to map with, but it all looks like deserts to me. With the occasional creepy Tiberium cluster.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I hate the Desert looking terrain in tiberian sun that is everywhere.

The Redalert2 terrain types are so much better and has much more eyecandy like urban areas, forests/water areas, beaches/sand, desert and ofcourse the moon Laughing

And then the Terrain Expansion that makes it even better

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow only 3 downloads Laughing maybe ill do better next time eh?

Retired YR Player

CodeSys123
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wat is missing cameo?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some kind of modded unit which doesn't has any cameo. BTW, are you Dutch, or did you just forget the 'h' in what?

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Biohazard wrote:
wow only 3 downloads Laughing maybe ill do better next time eh?

just do not make mod maps. they do not like them here. i believe urban maps are the big favorite.

*edit* i changed bug favorite to big favorite. i was kinda wondering what i was trying to say and figured it out Wink

Last edited by wardeathfun on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mod maps are alright but there's too many to this map. I like the looks of it but it really needs an unmodded version for use in mods.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea i have a habit of adding to many mods Sad

Retired YR Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon