Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OOAK's TS Mod : TS Artificial Insanity
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject:  OOAK's TS Mod : TS Artificial Insanity Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that I've impressed you with the really catchy title (work in progress Wink) I'd like to make an announcement.... I'm gonna throw my hat into the TS modding arena with a little creation of my own (well I say little but hopefully it won't be by time I've finished). More details to follow (BTW Banshee is there any chance of some forum space here perhaps?)

Last edited by One Of A Kind on Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
(BTW Banshee is there any chance of some forum space here perhaps?)

Hmmm... I will think about it Wink j/k.. You will surely get your space.

In the moment, it's a bit hard to get a cool name for it if we have no ideas of what is it about. So, could you post more info about it here? Units, story, screnshot, progress, etc...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, good point ok then the story is as follows....

The mod is set after Firestorm during the aftermath of the second Tiberium war and Cabal's betrayal. GDI and Nod maintain an uneasy alliance as it is beneficial to both parties. With both of their scientific teams working on it the secrets of the Tacitus are beginning to be revealed, including the much sought after secret as to how to reduce Tiberium growth and so the world begins to think that maybe there will be an end to the wars and peace may once again befall the earth. Unfortunately there remain protesters within the Brotherhood that remain loyal to Kane's teachings who would give anything to return to the days of old....

Also, deep in the underground laboratories of a biotech company known only as The Corporation, scientists are working on something that could upset this potential peace. Initial tests have been promising and they hope to begin deploying their creation in the near future.......

The Forgotten are dismayed that the GDI and Nod blunts are close to removing Tiberium from the planet as they would surely be wiped out as a result, thus leaders within the Forgotten military begin making plans to prevent this from happening....

Finally, in a deserted region of Nevada formerly known as Area 51, the old computer cores and satellites transmitters are mysteriously reactivated after decades of disuse, their range is limited but their potential is great. Scavengers and Forgotten living around the site start to mysteriously disappear and there is talk that they are being converted into some unknown army, however these rumours remain unconfirmed although there have been reports from passing GDI patrols of metallic noises that resemble Cyborg activity....

So there will be five sides (three new) all on a collision course with each other. Skirmish and multiplayer play will obviously be supported and I'm hoping to include single player missions as well (although these probably won't be released initially).

GDI and Nod will have expanded units and structures and obviously the three new sides will have completely new tech trees, to clarify the sides are...

The Forgotten (mainly old c&c tech and tiberium mutations)

The Corporation (Bounty hunters, mercenaries and high tech units as well as a few mutations)

The Cyborgs (Cyborgs, robots and drones)

Each side will have two hero infantry, a single hero vehicle (be that land, sea or air) and one or two superweapons each (the side(s) one superweapon will be nearly as powerful as the other two combined). I'm working in Naval units and expanding on the Air Force for GDI and Nod

Another thing I'm hoping to bring in is more Tech Buildings, at the moment these include...

Hospital (Obvious)

Armoury (Obvious)

Power Plant (Obvious)

Civilian Array (Gives free radar and acts as a Sensor array, also the owner can pirate signals to the Philadelphia to request Droppod reinforcements)

Laboratory (Gives the owner access to new technology)

Outpost (Strategically postioned military outpost that can be very useful for defensive purposes)

I think that'll do for now, I'll post more info tomorrow including unit listings (What I've got and what I plan to have) structure listings (just the interesting ones) and superweapon listings

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice stuff, OOAK! Considering that the name Tiberian Sun came from a creation from the brotherhood of Nod to make a superior human race of tiberium (look Nod end at TS), you can name your mod based on the creation made by "The Corporation".

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmmmm, interesting idea Banshee that's got me thinking.....

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the mod's new name is......

Tiberian Sun : Artificial Insanity!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! Gimme some screenshots of it and a description for the forum of this project and you may have one forum for it asap Smile.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK here are the first cpl of screenshots. I must remind everyone that this is most definitely work in progress and there are very few new graphics in (I still need to beg/borrow/steal/make some Wink) but all the basic coding is in, I've just got to add all the units.

tsai screenie 02.jpg
 Description:
Forgotten forces rush a GDI base
 Filesize:  122.61 KB
 Viewed:  4623 Time(s)

tsai screenie 02.jpg

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and the next one

tsai screenie 01.jpg
 Description:
A fair well defended Cyborg base...
 Filesize:  204.33 KB
 Viewed:  4621 Time(s)

tsai screenie 01.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
and there are very few new graphics in (I still need to beg/borrow/steal/make some ) but all the basic coding is in, I've just got to add all the units.

- no need to steal. That's not nice, ya know? But beg, borrow and make is no problem as long as the author is credited and allows you to use it there... That's a nice start, but this mod might take some time to be ready, but anyway, talk to me in MSN as soon as you can.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so theres five sides all together? sounds like a good one ...

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, it reminds me of the old PPM beta shots when we just had all the coding but no new graphics #Tongue some of the unit names are the same or really similar too so i thout i was having de ja vu #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Units like Scorpion Sniper, Cyborg Engineer and Paralyzer are also in PPM: Final Dawn.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, well the name of the Scorpion is going to change as that really only applies to Nod and I'm going to think up a better name for the Cyborg Engineer when I get time, and maybe the Paralyzer if I think about it....

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use the hell of the name you want. Names are not copyrighted, otherwise modding community would have a serious trouble Wink

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a single player map on the second screen shot? Looks good.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, that's the TS skirmish map Limited Access, I just used it to set up a Cabal Base in that single player style arrangement....

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon