Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Derelict Soil: Rebirth
Moderators: Droke
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject:  Derelict Soil: Rebirth
Subject description: Thats right suckers, DS is back!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... Alright, Derelict Soil is back! This time the goals are somewhat differnt and the methods are vastly improved, but it is still the same beast. For the last two or so weeks I have been working to bring DS back, and to make sure that it prevails this time.

... Derelict Soil is following the same general concept as last time, two playable sides and one screwed up world. The basic story is that one country was working on a weather control device, thinking that it would allow their nation to be more productive while, of course, allowing them to ruin anyone who went to war against them. Well, they miscalculated its power and upset the ballance of nature, which proceded to thrash the planet with hurricane force winds, flash floods, earthquakes, and anything else you can think of. It took a few years for the planetary conditions to fully disintegrate, giveing humans the chance to bunker down.

... After a decade or so it was safe enough to come out of the bunkers, but it was many years before it was safe enough to move out on to the surface. Before the dust had fully settled there were countries trying to reclaim their land; warlords trying to fill the vacuum left by weak or destroyed governments, and larger surviving nations were doing quick land grabs. Logically, nations started allying to protect themselves, which in the long run boiled down to two factions: the Guardian Alliance and the United Reformation. (Both names are placeholders.)

... The Guardian Alliance's main focus is to protect the people and land within their domain. They were formed to be a type of united nations, but the strain caused by constant warfare required that it serve more as a central government. They ultimately intend for their members to regain control of their own lands when the Reestablishment War ends. It's technologies are advanced, but most of the generals prefer a reliable cannon and thick armor over an experimental laser and unreliable robotics.

... The United Reformation's start was similar to that of the Guardian Alliance, but its goals changed when a charismatic leader started pulling for a one world government. His ideas are overall logical and good: general freedom with control only exerted in politics and for the well-being of the masses. He believes that a single government could bring peace and ensure that technology evolved quickly without another incident like the weather manipulator. The UR armed forces use highly advanced energy weapons and powerful robotic systems to take out the enemy quickly and safely with a minimum of human losses.

... Well, now thats done (I hate writing), on to the fun part. A fresh ingame screenshot. Everything you see here are placeholders, and will be replaced before the beta.

... Listed clockwise the buildings are: Construction Yard, Landing Pad, Warfactory, Repair Bay, and Supply Depot. There are also two turrets at the gate.
(Take note: This is a WIP shot, shadows are missing on the walls and turrets, and the remap is hard to see)

If you are willing to help, please visit this thread. I really need the help.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to se you back!

btw why are those placeholders? they are all awsome, especially the wall, I hope you dont scrap that one.

And this is Yuris Revenge, right?

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, glad to be back Smile

If you look at most of the buildings, they wouldent work quite right yet. The warfactory and supply depots are examples; on is too low, and the other doesnt really fit.

And yes, it is for Yuri's Revenge.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woo, very nice.

For remap, you could possibly use flags. Or, at least, for some buildings..

Or, you could have a black/white/whatever flag, with the faction's insignia remappable on it. Or something.

"Banned" RP here

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! that screenshot gave me the feel of Starcraft (terrain and buildings).
Glad to see this mod back alive.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have known, you won't give up! Smile

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hoping you finish it this time, everyone loves sexy placeholders mind.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry, I will get it done this time around. I've already done alot more progress that whats in that screenshot.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh! didn't know you made a post here about this! #Tongue

I'm so glad this mod is back in the works. Smile I have high hopes for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon