Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Applying upgrades across different Factions.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kodan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject:  Applying upgrades across different Factions. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, so. I've been modding Zero Hour myself. Gotten ok with it by myself mostly.
Basically just been doing MINOR stuff.

Until now. I decided to try something: Multi-faction upgrades.

For example, if a vUSA/vGLA captures a Dozer/Command Center belonging to the China Tank General, and builds up his tech to get Autoloaders, then the Autoloaders will apply to all USA/GLA tanks. Thus making them shoot faster.

I'm just going to use vUSA as a base example.
I created new weapons, and basically C&Pd stuff from the China Tank Battlemaster into the USA Crusader...
I'll just use the Crusader, because I figure if I can get the Crusader to work, then it'll work for the Paladin, Scorpion, and Marauder tanks.

Code:
Weapon CrusaderTankGun_Autoloader
  PrimaryDamage           = 60.0
  PrimaryDamageRadius     = 5.0
  ScatterRadiusVsInfantry = 10.0     ;When this weapon is used against infantry, it can randomly miss by as much as this distance.
  AttackRange             = 150.0
[Snipped out wasted/useless stuff]
  RadiusDamageAffects     = ALLIES ENEMIES NEUTRALS
  DelayBetweenShots       = 2000               ; time between shots, msec
  ClipSize                = 3                    ; how many shots in a Clip (0 == infinite)
  ClipReloadTime          = 2000             ; how long to reload a Clip, msec
  ProjectileCollidesWith  = STRUCTURES WALLS
End

The tank with the new weapon parameters:

Code:
Object AmericaTankCrusader
  UpgradeCameo1 = Tank_Upgrade_ChinaTankAutoLoader
  ;UpgradeCameo2 = Upgrade_AmericaScoutDrone
  ;UpgradeCameo3 = Upgrade_AmericaHellfireDrone
  UpgradeCameo4 = Upgrade_AmericaAdvancedTraining
  UpgradeCameo5 = Upgrade_AmericaCompositeArmor

; ***DESIGN parameters ***
  DisplayName      = OBJECT:Crusader
  Side                   = America
  EditorSorting          = VEHICLE
  TransportSlotCount     = 3
  WeaponSet
    Conditions           = None
    Weapon               = PRIMARY CrusaderTankGun
    ;Weapon               = SECONDARY CrusaderMachineGun
  End
  WeaponSet
    Conditions           = PLAYER_UPGRADE
    Weapon               = PRIMARY CrusaderTankGun_Autoloader
    ;Weapon               = SECONDARY CrusaderMachineGun

Tank's Battlemaster upgrade is C&P'd into the Crusader:

Code:
  Behavior = WeaponSetUpgrade ModuleTag_17
    TriggeredBy = Tank_Upgrade_ChinaTankAutoLoader
  End

However, the Crusader will NOT get the upgrade, period. It continues to use it's base weapon. What did I miss here? Is it the fact that that upgrade is supposed to be China only?
What I did here is basically what I did for the Tank Generals Emperor Overlord. (Yeah. I gave his Overlords the Autoloader #Tongue)
And it worked FLAWLESSLY. (Except some initial balance problems... Machine Gun Overlord shells ftl)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I see here, it should work correctly... Maybe you can't use multi-faction upgrades. EA has seperate "Capture Building" upgrades for each faction, you know Confused

Kodan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fixed it. It works now XD

A rather small over-sight on my (And apparently yours #Tongue) side...

This is my custom Crusader weapon:
Code:
  DelayBetweenShots       = 2000               ; time between shots, msec
  ClipSize                = 3                    ; how many shots in a Clip (0 == infinite)
  ClipReloadTime          = 2000             ; how long to reload a Clip, msec

This is the actual upgraded Battlemaster:
Code:
  DelayBetweenShots       = 500               ; time between shots, msec
  ClipReloadTime          = 2000              ; how long to reload a Clip, msec

The problem I can see here is the DelayBetweenShots value. It's only going to shoot one off, because it only attacks once every 2 seconds, by the time it can attack again, the clip has replenished.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha, now you say it, I see it too... Good you found it Smile

Kodan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep...

It's always that one single tiny line that you failed to nice and causes a MASSIVE failure.

Case in point: I gave the China Infantry general a Sniper unit yesterday, and he kept causing the game to crash and burn. Turns out when I C&P'd the Horde bonus value for the Mini Gunner to the Sniper, I missed one little 'END' tag at the end of the Horde bonus, causing a Crash and Burn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon