Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Country Swing 2-4 (KW)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject:  Country Swing 2-4 (KW) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, another map from red alert 2. This one's ok, has moderate money, and a few tactical opertunities. Choke points help cut down on spam. A little more detail than I usually do (thats right, I added some trees).
Here's a little artistic description:
A river seperates two small towns. On one side lies the older of the two, a small farming town. On the other side is the newer town, a growing industrial center. There is only one road connecting the two towns, but it is not a freindly road. There has been differences between the two towns in the past, but now it has climaxed. The road has become a road to war, and you must follow it to lead your men to victory.

country swing2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.13 KB
 Viewed:  8258 Time(s)

country swing2.jpg

country swing.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.23 KB
 Viewed:  8258 Time(s)

country swing.jpg

Country Swing.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Country Swing.zip
 Filesize:  98.96 KB
 Downloaded:  886 Time(s)

Last edited by DaFool on Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. I assume this is for Kane's Wrath?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes it is. (thanks, I edited it (KW)) into the title.

Maybe I should make a whole map pack of RA2/YR maps, those seem to me so better (balance wise) that the new maps.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arena 33 Forever.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm more of an Arena 32 guy myself. I was planning on doing pacific heights next.

any suggestions for improvement (along the lines of balance and gameplay).

I was playing it with two tib feilds per person and we ran out of money mid game. I haven't tested it with the back back corner feilds yet. Too much money or not enough still?

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey the balance of the map is ok,how-ever
the map is quite small based and is easy to kill the team from sneak tatics at the beginning,if it was larger and had a field in the mid points then there would be more conflict,

I love the river coker points but are quite small in dististance,the tiberium fields could do with a bit more of a
middle fissure but i could do tht for you if you wanted,all you have to do is change the visual tile to "non visual" and colour it in carefully
the river could be alittle less streched and you could use the pipe walls
to create the effect that the water is flowing through the ground.

and finally nice Smile !
i loved RA2 and yuri's reve and love the fact people create new maps based on them for other C&C realms,
I think this is pretty good for a map!
very varied Wink .

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, you can do what ever you want it. I don't understand what you mean by the tib feilds though.

What I like about this map is (unlike it's RA2 counterpart) it's more about having the choke points than about the spam. Each base has a private enterance and then a shared frontal enterance. It's easy to defend right away, and the initial tib feilds are tucked away so you can't bike rush them without going through the entire base.

and yeah, I was looking for the water pipe but couldn't fnd it Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon