Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
KW Pacific Heights (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject:  KW Pacific Heights (2-4) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finished it. Think vacation resorts have competitive prices? Think again. This map feature four symmetrical vacation resorts as they vie for the top spot. Three enterances to each base, two directly from another base and the third to the middle island.

EDIT: I added the little neighborhood to each island, "unfilled" the tib craters, and did a few touch ups. At this point I am sick of this map and am moving on.

pacific.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.3 KB
 Viewed:  14098 Time(s)

pacific.jpg

pacific3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.74 KB
 Viewed:  14237 Time(s)

pacific3.jpg

Pacific Heights.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pacific Heights.zip
 Filesize:  140.96 KB
 Downloaded:  703 Time(s)

Last edited by DaFool on Sat May 10, 2008 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*bump* no downloads? maybe I should put up a better pic. (I figured since all four sides are symmetrical, you only needed to show one side, however it seems I must show the whole map to get people interested).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eww....square cliffs....

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eww, look at the original map. It was squary too... Also, now I know why those Tib Craters are filled, I won't whine about it #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just trying to recreate maps. What do you mean my tib is "filled"?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't see the Tiberium inside of the crater, Dude.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude looking back on the very first RA and C&C games,cliffs were varried
more relistic,in TS and RA2 different levels were classed by short drop cliffs which looked pretty bad if they wanted to make a different enviroment,make it seem more real,it should spark memroies but it should'nt be too detailed that the whole map doesn't make the person remember the RA2 map
and keep trying, compared to most maps it has some intresting points
i mean a few online maps are just made to help the owner win.

,i was not great when i started making maps and i dare say i'm any better now.

Clarkson wrote:
You can't see the Tiberium inside of the crater, Dude.

Maybe this will make it clearer:

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You raise some very good points. its _too_ RA2 like. Vary the terrain. And add more buildings. I know there were houses by each little bridge.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys seem to miss the point...
DaFool and I will be recreating the RA2 maps. Nothing more, nothing less.
EDIT: deleted some text, my sources where wrong #Tongue Sorry Forgotten Confused

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Fri May 09, 2008 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-I cut the houses next to the bridge because I thought it would cut into the build space, I'll see what happens tonight.
-The Forgotten just showed me how to fix the tib craters, so thats settled.
-Making varied terrain is probably my weakest point. Really all I know how to do it paint ares on and then blend them. To make the terrain looked varied, do I swirl one texture in an area of another and then blend them?
-I might lower the sand bridges. Just to make it look more natural.
-I might add some cars and people. But from what I've seen, there is only one civilian.
-If I'm feeling creative, I might add some eye candy that doens't affect gameplay. That is, boats in the water.
-I need someone to test this with me. Online people are just....looking at my world clock, I'll probably log onto KW online when it's 10 o'clock in London (maybe later).

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
-I cut the houses next to the bridge because I thought it would cut into the build space, I'll see what happens tonight.
-The Forgotten just showed me how to fix the tib craters, so thats settled.
-Making varied terrain is probably my weakest point. Really all I know how to do it paint ares on and then blend them. To make the terrain looked varied, do I swirl one texture in an area of another and then blend them?
-I might lower the sand bridges. Just to make it look more natural.
-I might add some cars and people. But from what I've seen, there is only one civilian.
-If I'm feeling creative, I might add some eye candy that doens't affect gameplay. That is, boats in the water.
-I need someone to test this with me. Online people are just....looking at my world clock, I'll probably log onto KW online when it's 10 o'clock in London (maybe later).

I'll play with ya if its british time, loby 2(TiberianFiend)
on the odd comp stomp and stuff
testing online helps alot Wink
if ya want i can script some random vehicles to move around the map
as for textures,i'm pretty good and can get you some varried textures
i'll post and example of this from my un-finish map(CityChaos)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I updated it with a lsightly better version

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks better indeed. I like it a lot...Just one more thing. (I know you hate me at this point. Razz)

Decorate he beaches/waterway a bit? A few ships in the water, ect.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can i remake this? lol,
its bloody awesum compared to the last one,
the cliffs need ajusting #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good! It's only a shame that the scale on TW maps is much smaller then on TS/RA2. You need to multiply the original map sizes by 3 to get a decent TW map. Not bad for small maps, but recreating 8 player maps with this logic may be very difficult...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Clarkson: I wash my hands of this map, I am finished with it. (read what I write to the forgotten).
@The forgottten: Sure, I have no problem with that. If you can take this amp to the next level, then by all means do it. (Just call it something like Pacific Heights 2.0 or Pacific Heights edited by The Forgotten, you know how it goes). You can add anything you want to it.
@Dutchy: I have a clever idea for this, I can make half the map, and then relfect it (can I even do this?) This way I don't have to kill my comp with the memory overload.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
@Clarkson: I wash my hands of this map, I am finished with it. (read what I write to the forgotten).
@The forgottten: Sure, I have no problem with that. If you can take this amp to the next level, then by all means do it. (Just call it something like Pacific Heights 2.0 or Pacific Heights edited by The Forgotten, you know how it goes). You can add anything you want to it.@Dutchy: I have a clever idea for this, I can make half the map, and then relfect it (can I even do this?) This way I don't have to kill my comp with the memory overload.

I called it Cloudy views,all i'm letting out is its a red/yellow zone with a few features,on the map settings its says done by TiberianFiend(me),creds to "name entered orignal" for Pacific heights

I can add a script with this in if you want.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, if "DaFool321" can be found anywehre in the map file, that would be sweet.

EDIT: btw, are you making yours from scratch or editing mine?

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drasticaly editing yours
it'll look like its been damage by the long term damage from the tiberium

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon