Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some new terrain features
Moderators: Joshy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject:  Some new terrain features Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Expect to see these in the next release of WOI. After that release I'll probably stop developement of the mod since I'm losing interest and people show little interest in this mod. Well check it out, as I promised some new terrain.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really hope you're not serious about giving up. This stuff looks, to say the least, badass. The crumbling husks of the bridges look real nice, and so do the moss cliffs.

You know what'd be cool? A few battlezone style things. Not as terrain pieces, maybe as buildings. A Titan wreckage or somethin. Maybe a train crash? Or some Tiberium mutant body parts. They are, after all, living creatures. Why can't a floater corpse be chilling in the battlefield? Give it a juicy goopy explosion sound, and a cool green explosion(dirtexpl, but, there are others).

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy, mind if I had a Nod bike and drive down that broken bridge? #Tongue

These are, truly amazing works of...destruction. Very Happy

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweeeet! That's just cool B)

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone. Smile

Quote:
I really hope you're not serious about giving up. This stuff looks, to say the least, badass. The crumbling husks of the bridges look real nice, and so do the moss cliffs.

You know what'd be cool? A few battlezone style things. Not as terrain pieces, maybe as buildings. A Titan wreckage or somethin. Maybe a train crash? Or some Tiberium mutant body parts. They are, after all, living creatures. Why can't a floater corpse be chilling in the battlefield? Give it a juicy goopy explosion sound, and a cool green explosion(dirtexpl, but, there are others).

I guess I'm not giving up after all. I like that idea of battlezone style stuff, I'll give it a try. Wink

Quote:
Joshy, mind if I had a Nod bike and drive down that broken bridge?

Oh, go for it. Wink (At release time. #Tongue)

Also, atm, I'm unable to get the bridge ramp in-game without an IE, and the temp tanker shows up as clear LAT when you play in-game. Confused I actually haven't tried any of my other ramps yet, a lot of it isn't in-game yet.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great! And really if you quit this then I will be sad Crying or Very sad this Mod is one of the better ones in the Pre-Alpha areas IMO.

but like I said in the TI forums for this terrain:

Quote:
However...I have a problem with both the destroyed bridge ramp and the side cliff ramp that go from North West to South East. For the destroyed Bridge ramp on that facing it just looks to chopped up. Like...the top of it where the cliffs are look like its a 3 cell wide bridge..but then the next cell down it seems as if the bridge turns into a 2 cell thing with the side rail. The terrain edit just looks too choppy IMO and not destroyed like...the rest of it looks fine and very well destroyed. Smile
Then both side cliff facings I see makes the ramp part seem to just run into the cliff part. It needs a better transition from ramp to cliff style IMO. Right now it looks too much like a copy paste job from the cliff ramps onto the cliffs.

of course that is just part of it...to see any other stuff I had to say go and look in the TI forums. I feel this is the part that matters the most though.
But again besides that complaint it looks great. I really love the marsh like land idea. Will it be crossable by units? If so you should add in some coding that makes units cross it slowly due to it being a water logged area.

Can't wait to see more. I also agree with Clarkson on that things to put into battle areas would be awesome. More wrecks, corpses, and what not would be amazing! Razz

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Looks great! And really if you quit this then I will be sad this Mod is one of the better ones in the Pre-Alpha areas IMO.

Thanks. Smile

Yes, the one cliff does look choppy I'm considering redoing it.
The one cliff/ramp thing that looks copied and pastied really bad is redone already, I have yet to update it.
The temp tanker... >__> I hate that thing, same with the natural crossings bot will be redone. (I see that nasty blur over there)

Quote:
I really love the marsh like land idea.

Hehe, everyone likes those. XD I'm still deciding how they will be...

I will also begin work on the battlefield stuff, and see how it turns out.

Also, expect to see some marsh/swamp type tiles. (Half sunken units/buildings, sunken/broken bridges, etc)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear from some updates for this mod Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon