Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
fa2 ini editing - a few questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
joshooa555
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject:  fa2 ini editing - a few questions
Subject description: need: UINames without "Missing:", Cloaked Black Eagles, Sellable Tech Oil Derriks, Capturable Nukes
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone! I'm not new to .ini editing, actually, I've been doing it for about a year now. But I can't figure out how to do a few things:
- I need to be able to change units' names without it saying "MISSING:" in front of the name
- I need Black Eagles to be cloaked (except while attacking)
- I need to to be able to sell Tech Oil Derriks
- And I need to be able to capture Nuclear Missile Silos with Engineers

Sorry for such a big request, but please post how to do these things (even if you only know how to do 1 of them).

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- I need to be able to change units' names without it saying "MISSING:" in front of the name Answer: you cant without the CSF file, and when giving map to othr people online, they wont know the difference.
- I need Black Eagles to be cloaked (except while attacking) Herm..... unless adding Cloakable tag...... when i tried.... i get IE and never seems to work.
- I need to to be able to sell Tech Oil Derriks Sellable=yes or UnSellable=no. do not remember. but some people can not do it for some reason, but i never had a problem.... It seems to work for me.
- And I need to be able to capture Nuclear Missile Silos with Engineers Capturable=yes

you should download the rulesmd.ini (or Rules.ini if RA2) foor thats how I got started making alot of mod maps. Keep in mind I could of did a coding error above (like its either sellable=yes or unsellable=no, i really do not remember) I hope I Helped Very Happy

joshooa555
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, but it still wont let me capture the missile silo and it still wont let me sell the tech oil derriks (i tried both "Sellable=yes" and "Unsellable=no").

I dont really need the cloaked black eagle, but whats "the CSF file"?

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok for you cloaked eagle it is only possible to become cloaked when the unit becomes a veteran or elite

just add VeteranAbilities=CLOAK under the plane you want to be cloaked. the plane MUST become a veteran to become cloak.

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

Last edited by Biohazard on Sat May 31, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buildings cannot be sold if they don't have a buildup animation.

joshooa555
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ok for you cloaked eagle it is only possible to become cloaked when the unit becomes a veteran or elite

just add VeteranAbilities=CLOAK under the plane you want to be cloaked. the plane MUST become a veteran to become cloak.

is there a way that i can make black eagles autoatically be ventrans when they are built?

Quote:
Buildings cannot be sold if they don't have a buildup animation.

is there a way i can give a building animation to the tech oil derriks (without changing it's general image)?

Dark Shadow 750
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you'd really been doing this for a year you wouldn't be asking these questions, they're one of the most basic things.

DCoder wrote:
people tell me I'm wrong when I say the world is getting dumber.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- I need Black Eagles to be cloaked (except while attacking)

Aircraft can only be done in rockpatch/npatch. Cloakable=yes

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
is there a way that i can make black eagles autoatically be ventrans when they are built?

yes there is a way and that is too . my memory is a bit blurry on this but from what i remember under the country statistics under the korea area add the tag

VeteranAircraft=[your aircraft]

somebody please correct em if i am wrong

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wardeathfun wrote:
you should download the rulesmd.ini (or Rules.ini if RA2) foor thats how I got started making alot of mod maps.

Never download a rules.ini file online. Extract it from the game! I've never understood this need to find things online when they come with the game...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is this under mapping? These are general modding questions that have nothing to do with FA2 ini editing. Methinks a bit of moderating would be called for here.

joshooa555
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
If you'd really been doing this for a year you wouldn't be asking these questions, they're one of the most basic things.

i did ini editing a year ago for about 3 months. but i just started again. so i have been familiar with ini editing for a year but i have only been doing it for about 4 months now. Also, i forgot alot of things about it since last year.

anyway, thank for all your help, i can handle it from here. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon