Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Basic Story
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:  Basic Story
Subject description: Sorry for the delay
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the basic story for Rise of Omnius; I been a little busy to improve it or finalize it, but it has been laying, in a more completed way (up to the epilogue), in the staff forum. I will, however complete it in a more appropriated state, when I have more time #Tongue

@To RO staff:
BTW, this prologue is more completed than the one in the secret staff forum.

Prologue:

Rise of Omnius begins about 20-25 years after the Firestorm skirmishes; CABAL, was vanished from earth, the world has calmed, but tiberium is still a treat to mankind.
The Tacitus, a very powerful artifact, proved to not be enough to save our planet. The information was there, but the resources to accomplish such plan, weren't enough, the Global Defense Initiative had to find a different way to save mankind.
The GDI evacuated a small part of the remaining human population to space stations or colonies, something that was much easier than eradicating tiberium.
With the aid of the Tacitus, the Global Defense Initiative developed new amazing technologies, such as anti gravity engines, making space travel "relatively" inexpensive, thanks to the research of Dr. Aurelius Venport. But they wouldn't abandon their home planet, they just sited watching over it recollecting resources from their colonies, waiting for restoring Earth, or to save the remaining population.
The Brotherhood of Nod was thought to be just a past's bad memory, leaderless, the Brotherhood started to split into small sub factions of fighting warlords, ex generals of Kane. Slavick was killed under strange circumstances; and without him or Kane to lead the Brotherhood, it was not anymore a real Brotherhood.

First Campaign
The Brotherhood of Nod: The Rise of the New Messiah
Player's Role: One of the many Brotherhood's Warlords

I will not tell you the story of the campaign, I don't like to write spoilers; but I'll post it when the mod is released; maybe not it's first release, but the first release with completed campaigns #Tongue
Also I will post some topics about technological advancements of both sides.

#Tonguefor more info read about dune in wikipedia; you might make connections

Last edited by Machine on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good story, original, but what happened with Oxanna then?

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Dragon wrote:
Good story, original, but what happened with Oxanna then?

Might be a warlord of one the many Brotherhood's sub-factions, who doesn't believe in the new messiah.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new messiah? You can't kill Kane. You can't kill the Messiah. No, it's not possible...you can't...no...Sad
Kane lives, he has to come back eventually! *Here's to hoping he kicks the living hell out of this fake "new messiah"*

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew that this would happen.
Kane is not really dead in the campaign, since he lives in death, anyways, you'll see him in the campaign. #evil, but I won't tell you when or how Twisted Evil

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane never dies. Smile and as long as there is CnC he never will. This new Messiah will certaintly be interesting. I agree with alex about kicking the crap out of him though.

omnipotent highness krlll
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i say kane probably is omnius.

Jeffman12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, Aurelius Venport, Omnius, what next, Vorian Atreides, Erasmus?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, just that; just a small reference to Dune's storyline, that's it. Aurelius Venport was a joke though, only a person who calls himself Omnius appears in the planned campaign.

Jeffman12
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww, Erasmus is my favorite character. Well, good luck with the mod. It's good to see someone else out there has an appreciation for Dune though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon