Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Armored Units
Moderators: Droke
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject:  Armored Units
Subject description: Objects made of steel excluded.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was planning to make this spysat shot have a real sounding explanation, but really its just to hide how bad of a job I did faking that parking lot... Anyways, this convoy shows four new available units made by Sanedisruption.

Cyclone AFV
_You probably can't tell from the ingame voxel, but this unit actually has four treads, not two. This is the Guardian Alliance's MBT, it is well armored, and is equipped with a duel feed auto loader. The autoloader allows it to fire two different warheads on the spot, without a switch out time. These warheads include a armor-piercing HE round for most targets, and a shrapnel based airburst warhead for infantry. This unit is not cannon fodder.

Tempest FAV
_While being the weakest vehicle in the Guardian Alliance arsenal, the Tempest is also the fastest ground unit. It comes equipped with a gattling cannon that will make short work of most of the enemies lighter units and infantry, however, it cannot take what it dishes out. Now to make it interesting; you can have one infantry ride shotgun, allowing this hit and run unit to have a wide ranged of uses. Don't underestimate it.

Torrent IFV
_This unit is made to quickly transport upto six infantry through combat zones, but it is not limited to that. It comes equipped with a cannon that works well enough, but the strength is in the infantry it transports. Depending what classes you load into it, the Torrent can be quite deadly. It is also worth noting that while it is not as fast as the Tempest, you will likely see them working together.

BEU (Base Expansion Unit)
_This is your standard MCV, but with a minor twist; You don't start with it. When you start your game the Conyard and Command Center will already be built. It's primary functions are simply to expand your base and replace your primary yard if destroyed. However, this unit must be protected while traveling, or the enemy will surely hunt it down.

Voxels may change without prior notice.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the BEU. They are all awesome. Smile

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn beautiful voxels. Sane does such a good job on these. Razz

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks man Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I See Mason has still got it. Wink

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't see whats wrong with that parking lot, the whole damn pic looks great if you ask me #Tongue diggin' the voxels

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im speechless thats how good these are........oh i know AWESOME!

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You and Sane make a good team Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn I love the way this mod looks so far! XP Razz

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im glad you guys like what we have to offer you so far, but im curious if you have any sort of constructive criticism... or just criticism towards my work or drokes work. it would be appreciated as it would help me to create a more dynamic looking group of units. thanks again you guys Smile

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I... Feel... Owned...
Nice work man!

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod should be spotlighted Idea

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure this mod will be spotlighted one day. It still needs more progress in my opinion and some ideas need to be more clear for public on the factions, story and inovations included on the mod, other than the welll known great graphics.

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont like the torrent IFV its just the tempest but extended, other then that you've got my vote #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the Torrent was done like that on purpose. its an easy addition to the tempest, and just as easily produced, game wise that is. is there anything wrong with it specifically or is it just the fact that its a simple addition to the rest of the units?

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

howdy Sane , you still got it. If I could think of anything to point out to help you with your units I would but thing is is that so far they are perfect.
Nice work guys

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice voxels. The MCV is amazing.
Will there be super vehicles to?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa, Sane I thought you left voxeling loong ago, nice to see you're back at it.. #Tongue

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tempest is fantastic <3

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chances are that we will have super units, but not until the game has been otherwise ballanced. From what I've seen, its best to find the role for them to fill, rather then creating the role to start with.

You may take that as a fancy way of saying that I'm being too picky and that I have no clue what to make.

Btw, that parking lot looks ok because of the sat effect. It is street tiles. Oh, and though I cannot take credit for the voxel work, I do want to thank everyone for the comments. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon