Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Making Custom Billboards (***)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:  Making Custom Billboards (***) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tools Required: XCC Mixer, Photoshop, OSHPBuilder.

Making your own custom billboards is actually really easy though it looks like a pretty complicated thing to do. If you want to make your own custom billboards, this tutorial should give you a good understanding on how to do it (You need some basic Photoshop knowledge).

Step 1: Start by opening your XCC Mixer >> TIBSUN.MIX >> ISOTEMP.MIX and then extract a Billboard. Open the billboard up in the OSHPBuilder so now you have all four frames set and ready (Your healthy state, damaged state and the shadow frames). Once you've done this, remember to set the correct palette and Zoom level, then take a screen shot of the Billboard and crop it in MS Paint or some other program. If you don't want to take a screen shot etc. You can use this billboard base:

Step 2: Once you've got a billboard base to work with, Open up Photoshop and open your billboard base. Remember: Get an image you want to put on the billboard. Once you've got your billboard set up and the image you'd like to put on the billboard, Scale the image down so it'll fit the billboard.

Step 3: Now that you've done that, copy and paste your scaled down image onto the billboard base, but remember to paste it as a new layer, not merged. Once done, move it into position and fix up any scaling errors there may be.

Step 4: Now that your image is scaled down correctly, its time to put it into the correct perspective. Go to the perspective tool in Photoshop and move your image around so it fits the billboard perfectly, if you can't get it right, just get it as close as possible and touch up your billboard In Photoshop afterwards.

Step 5: Once your happy with your billboard in Photoshop (And are certain that you're happy about it) merge the layers together, then select the whole of the billboard (and the blue background (This is required if you're using IsoTem.pal)). Now you go back to OSHPBuilder where the billboard you extracted (and is in the correct palette) should be, select it and hit CTRL and V, your billboard image from Photoshop should be pasted into the OSHPBuilder now.

Don't forget to make sure your billboard is centered and aligned to the grid properly.

Step 6: Now touch up the damage frames and the shadow frames in OSHPBuilder so it matches your image on the healthy frame. Once done save your billboard. If you've followed this tutorial correctly your billboard should be in the correct position, which will avoid positioning and shadow errors (which is why I you should use the billboard extracted from TIBSUN.mix as a base and my image above as your Photoshop base). Once done, put your billboards in-game and enjoy. If you don't know how to put things In-game, look up XCC Mixing.

(In the picture above, the palette you can see is NOT the palette set for the billboards, use Isotem.pal)

- Aro

Key Words: #Tutorials #SHPs #Graphics #Media #TiberianSun #Firestorm #XCCUtilities #Photoshop #OSSHPBuilder 

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will that crater be in TI #Tongue??
Will i have to make the billboard look 'damaged' for the damaged frames so it matches healthy state?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathMummy wrote:
Will that crater be in TI #Tongue??
Will i have to make the billboard look 'damaged' for the damaged frames so it matches healthy state?

Its a work in progress. It may make an appearence in TI. #Tongue
As for the damaged frame, its your choice what you do, what I normally do is paste the billboard image in both the first frame and the second frame and make the damaged look myself in the OSHPBuilder, I find it easier that way using the Dirt and Dark look tools.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Go to the perspective tool in Photoshop and move your image around so it fits the billboard perfectly[...]

Wouldn't it be easier to use the Distort transform and just match your picture's edges to the billboard's? Confused

Guess you're not going into the clipping mask stuff, huh?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Find that more difficult. The perspective tool is a lot simpler in my opinion plus I have a steady hand so I find it a lot easier.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello there
Do you guys know where tutorial about create single frame buildings for Yuri Revenge ?
Im newbie and want to make simple building

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon