Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Question about ground control
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject:  Question about ground control
Subject description: I want more!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know quite a bit about the C&C3 WB. I use the new one that works with KW. Does anybody know how to change the ground control a player has? In the Sarajevo (Temple Prime, get the nuke truck there) Nod Campaign Level in the origional C&C3, You could build anywhere in the crater. I extracted the level, but did not see any scripts or areas - nothing that looked like it gave ground control to areas that normally wouldn't have it for the player. Can anyone tell me how?

Thank you in advance.

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I never noticed that in the map. Maybe some kind of changes in the map. What I do know is that this controls the amount of Ground Control a building supplies:
Code:
*ProjectedBuildabilityInfo
         Radius="360"
         BuildPlacementTypes="MAIN_STRUCTURE OTHER_STRUCTURE" /*

Change the radius to change the ammount of Ground Control.
Note: I've changed the '<' and '>' into asterixes because this forum fucks up the code #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: I've changed the '<' and '>' into asterixes because this forum fucks up the code #Tongue[/quote]
Lolz

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe the walls project ground control?

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no the walls are not a perfect circle and the ground control is. Plus i have used those walls in my other maps and they dont make ground control.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe the temple prime gives ground controll?

would explain why it is a circle...

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Question about ground control Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jerry32j wrote:
I know quite a bit about the C&C3 WB. I use the new one that works with KW. Does anybody know how to change the ground control a player has? In the Sarajevo (Temple Prime, get the nuke truck there) Nod Campaign Level in the origional C&C3, You could build anywhere in the crater. I extracted the level, but did not see any scripts or areas - nothing that looked like it gave ground control to areas that normally wouldn't have it for the player. Can anyone tell me how?

Thank you in advance.

In some cases EA maps use other scripts in files which aren't compressed
so most likely that the building was refered to a script,this case its most likely a flag or named unit,so i'm taking a chance on temple prime havin the building radius Rolling Eyes ,
most campaign missions have scripts which are reffer to flags made by EA aspecialy for mission,a good example of this is how teams(units/structres) aren't killed when scripted,making lasser fences impossible to script by self.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so it's something i can't do by simply scripting or adding a building because of EA making the script from scratch, not out of the list? Question

(Also I just tried using temple prime as a build center and it does not work.)

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Temple Prime does create a Buildradius of 800, if it doesn´t work for you you´ve probably not assigned it to the right player.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jerry32j wrote:
so it's something i can't do by simply scripting or adding a building because of EA making the script from scratch, not out of the list? Question

(Also I just tried using temple prime as a build center and it does not work.)

Just change the team the templeto your team then you will be able to tell if it is that,the script will work for you then,rather the team of which owns temple prime.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yeah. Oopsie. I DID set it to the team player. Just messed up and selected the wrong one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum