Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
About the mod!*!*!*!*!
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
paulziX
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject:  About the mod!*!*!*!*! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing Command and Conquer since it was originally released back in 1999. I just installed this mod about a week ago, and must say its amazing. However, I have a huge problem with it. After playing this game 9 years you would think i would be able to beat the AI in a skirmish on any setting, just like I could in the regular C&C. I must say, it actually pisses me off how hard it is to play. I think that the AI is absolutely unfairly programmed, I've skirmished the computer over 20 times now, on different settings and still have yet to even build half the buildings listed available for build. Further, I've had to save games when I've made what I thought was decent progress, (because of how hard the game was), and even those crash on reload. I am fed up with this mod so far, lol, and have been in fits of rage. Yet I still am drawn back to it. Is there someway to tone down the AI for this mod? (Once again I have played the game on the 0 setting and the 2 setting). Someone help me, it's ridiculous!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it depends on your playing style. I play on 1 usually to warm up, and I beat them with ease.

then again, my APM is batshit insane high.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the TS AI is really dead easy, except that its always hitting with superweapons since they charge uber fast

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well
tbh

I think your effectiveness is really based on your APM (actions per minute)..

I know that I had a friend clock mine over the course of a few games, and My average was something like 150..

His was much slower. He also was defeated 20 minutes in by a level 2 AI dizzy rush.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
paulziX
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again I've played the game several more times and still cant get anywhere. Tell me how to dumb down the AI as its absolutely retarded hard. I play with CABAL and have yet to build even a CABAL Commando. Just plz someone tell me how to dumb it down. Also, can you guys fix the issue in which save games crash the whole game and I get a "Tiberian Sun has encountered an error."

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to fight agains multiple Hard TS AI's first, before trying the AI of this mod. Or set it to low if you haven't tried that yet. Most mods have the AI improved, so you must get used to it #Tongue
Also Anthony, I suggest playing some TW/KW; I think you can beat brutal AI with ease with such APM. I think mine is about 100 or so...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hells Actions Per Minute? #Tongue

paulziX
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What gives. I even tried playing with multiple enemies. This mod for the game has become not even remotely fun anymore and it sucks. I wish someone could show me how to dumb down the AI. It's wayyyyy to aggressive for my liking. And someone has yet to post about the save games crashing upon reload. Hell, thats the only chance I have at winning. Save where I;ve made good progress and then when I die think about what to do different and reload. Total score to date with this mod: 0-32. Keep in mind I've been playing for 9 years. I beg for someone to tell me how to dumb the AI down, before I uninstall it; hell it's already on 0!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
What the hells Actions Per Minute? #Tongue

I think the amount of clicks you make per minute (a click equals an action IIRC #Tongue)

And at TPAM: I've tried this mod before, and the AI ain't that hard. And if you have played TS for 9 years and you can't win, then there's something wrong with your tactics. Sorry to say that Confused And about the savegame problem: that's something the mod creator should fix...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I'll have to fix the save game bug now that it's mentioned. ;p

If you really must, you can delete the AI.ini file in your sun folder, and it will disable all the changes made to the original AI. Keep in mind it will also make the mod incompatible with other players if you ever wanted to play multiplayer. Of course the other choice is to keep practicing. #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: About the mod!*!*!*!*! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

paulziX wrote:
I've been playing Command and Conquer since it was originally released back in 1999.

... Command and Conquer was released in 1995 Rolling Eyes

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: About the mod!*!*!*!*! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
paulziX wrote:
I've been playing Command and Conquer since it was originally released back in 1999.

... Command and Conquer was released in 1995 Rolling Eyes

I think he meant Tiberian Sun, not Tiberian Dawn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon