Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
5-days ra2 map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gt23669
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject:  5-days ra2 map
Subject description: u only got 5-days...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as this is my first map i go publicly with, i am only a begginer mod. wen i started this map i was not very good but became better and better when i experimented
with different ini files and looked how other peoples maps worked. by using all that info, i provide u with 5-days...

*land characteristics:
3 main land islands(cliffs if u will). two of them have starting positions and the other is free to take.
all are connected by bridges and some have ramps as well.
there are back entrances to each base but one
map has no water but plenty of space for your tanks to spread there legs.

*buildings:
2 oil derricks for each starting position
4 air ports 1 designated for each base if u can get to it without it being destroyed.

*mods:
oil derricks produces 35000 every 30 seconds. if i did my calculations correctly. there strength has been increased but can still be destroyed.
be careful of there death explosion because they will destroy any building that gets caught in the explosion.
airports, i did nothing to them
most infantry has been juiced. not all thou. they are not super infantry thou.
tanks have been left alone except one.and its appearance has been changed.(its special ability really)
Tesla coil and gap gen(does not provide "gap") are now considered "super weapons". but can not be turned off. build limit of one. both are weak and can easily be destroyed so there not
completely super.
NAPOWR provides cloak gen while GAPOWR provides gap gen

*misc:
the map will change days accordingly and will only have 5 days to begin with. each days is about 30-35min long if i did my calculations right. and yes the map will
grow dark then back to light.
ADOG or allied attack dog has sensors that detect any cloaked SOV base or unit.

*end notes:
this map has been fully tested and workes fine.
if any problems arouse plz post on the forum or contact me by e-mail. gt23669@yahoo.com

if anyone could tell me how to make custom timers and how to set noise or ambient sound i would greatly apreciat it.( as i said b4 i have bad english and my spelling is the worst)
i apologize for any words i misspelled

5-days.PNG
 Description:
picture of the mini map of "5-days"
 Filesize:  6.07 KB
 Viewed:  7613 Time(s)

5-days.PNG

5 days.mpr
 Description:
my first map, i hope you and who ever like it.

Download
 Filename:  5 days.mpr
 Filesize:  230.88 KB
 Downloaded:  229 Time(s)

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if thats 5 days, then how long will it take you to complete that map? XD

also, i can tell you know, that amount of oil derricks is heavily frowned upon here...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moved to mapping discussion because this map totally lacks detail and balance.

1. No one at PPM wants to play matches with unlimited credits, so remove those silly oil derrick mods.
2. All I see is cliffs, clear lat, cliffs, more clear lat and few oil derricks. Detail your maps with roads, buildings, trees, civilians, different lats and overlays.
3. In my opinion, there should be max 2 airports in the maps.
4. Balance issues will be huge with over hyped mods like making a teslacoil shit nukebolts from corner to corner. Do not make silly modifications because no one really wants them... except XWIS 'tards...

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
except XWIS 'tards...

i heard there's lots of em though...

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL the no rushing text trigger is funny!!! Laughing

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5 days meaning a day/night cycle? Can't you just put the trigger on repeat?

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it me or do I see NO resources besides derricks?

gt23669
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

1. No one at PPM wants to play matches with unlimited credits, so remove those silly oil derrick mods.
2. All I see is cliffs, clear lat, cliffs, more clear lat and few oil derricks. Detail your maps with roads, buildings, trees, civilians, different lats and overlays.
4. Balance issues will be huge with over hyped mods like making a teslacoil shit nukebolts from corner to corner. Do not make silly modifications because no one really wants them... except XWIS 'tards...

all u guys that posted here and flamed me must have forgot what it was like to be a beginner mod. i have no idea WAT ANYONE LIKES HERE!!!! i gave a shot out in the dark and i guess i missed.i thought maybe yall would have liked what iv done on this map but i guess not. all yall did was insult me. yea i can take 2 air ports away, yea i can make more trees but yall told me in an insulting way. forget yall.

Quote:

i dont ahve any hyper mods on this. exsept for the two. and I AHVE IT PERFECTLY BALENCED. sov is cloaked. the allied dog can see cloaked units and structures.both teams have a final defence.

Quote:
except XWIS 'tards...

how would u like it if i started to insult u. next time u judge someones map, amke sure u tell them wat needs to be changed and fixed or added. insulting them only pisses them off...

ill post a new map later.

im only a begginer mod so i dont no alot about the trigger editer. and yes iv been throu many sites and no they dont help me. i need to ahve hands on experince b4 i learn. #evil

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they weren't insulting you..calm down. there just speaking the truth. there trying to help you out. check out the map archive too see what type of maps people like.

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, a drama whore throwing a tantrum. I knew the putrid stench of dipshitism was in the air for a reason.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

download some of the spotlighted maps and look at them

make the map how you like it but maps that look real look better
try to add add special things (eg unit changes and lights)after but to many changes can often spoil the map

if you dont want ore and only oil dericks tick the megawealth box in FR when saving.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, if you're unable to take critism, you have UTTERLY failed.

I will tell you waht I think about this map:
-Not balanced (players don't have equal access to ore derricks or airports).
-Bland (it needs detailing, add lakes, towns, cities, tunnels and such. Use dark grass and grass where it's supposed to be grassy and sand on places that are supposed to be beach alike or sandy. No place is supposed to be a 1000km^2 field of grass with no height differences or difference in terrain).

As far as I have seen people have given you CONSTRUCTIVE critics, and be happy for that. We never said stuff like: "Its a ztyping shit n00b map". If you fail to listen to constructive critism, you have FAILED. We all start off at n00bs, and the reason I got better was because I LISTENED to people's constructive critism. I could have showed you my first maps if i still had them, and they weren't much better than this. After mapping for almost 2 years and mapping on and off for a year before that, I make maps that are considered to be very good.

Just keep on taking our advices, looking at spotlighted maps and keep on mapping. If you fail at taking our advices and think we're all a bunch of arrogant and evil people, while also not giving a shit of what's considered a good map, you shouldn't map.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ra2 has no map spotlight section...

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the spotlight section is on the homepage

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gt23669 wrote:
Quote:

All you guys that posted here and flamed me must have forgotten what it was like to be a beginning modder. I have no idea WAT ANYONE LIKES HERE!!!! I gave a shot out in the dark and I guess I missed. I thought maybe you all would have liked what I've done on this map, but I guess not. All you did was insult me. Yea I can take 2 air ports away, yea I can make more trees but you all told me in an insulting way. Forget it.

Quote:

I dont have any hyper mods on this. except for the two. and I HAVE IT PERFECTLY BALENCED. Sov is cloaked. The Allied dog can see cloaked units and structures. Both teams have a final defence.

Quote:
except XWIS 'tards...

How would you like it if I started to insult you. Next time you judge someone's map, make sure you tell them wat needs to be changed and fixed or added. Insulting them only pisses them off...

I'll post a new map later.

I'm only a begginning modder so I don't know a lot about the trigger editor. And yes I've been through many sites and no they don't help me. I need to have hands on experince before I learn. #evil

3 words:
Spelling
Punctuation
Capitalisation

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You missed a few... 'course it's amusing to me that you're trying to be a grammar nazi when, as much better as your English is than his, Dutch is your first language. #Tongue

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I just noticed the WAT. I've been too accustomed to using it, it seems. :p

But yeah, English isn't even my main language, so if I can do better, anyone can, really.
And some "dont/don't"s, but thats just me being too lazy to point those out.

Street
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Biohazard wrote:
ra2 has no map spotlight section...

It really should do, would help people like this out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon