Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxels View
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

How would voxels looks better?
Like on Renders (FMVs way)
58%
 58%  [ 23 ]
Sized-up TS voxels (Classic way)
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Sketches and consept art (TicTank for example)
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
I am not fcnkg care! \ What is voxels?! o.O
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject:  Voxels View Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A good question:

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sized-Up TS voxel could be good, but wont that be blocky and ugly looking if you just resize them?
Anyway I vote for the first one.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

base them on FMV's *and* renders by the artists.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havnt meant that Sizing-up is simple Streching.. Smile

ZoidZilla
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted, like on FLVs/Renders.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted for Classic way.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FMVs and renders. Compare both TS and FS renders, because they have small differences (i. e. the attack cycle has remappable parts only visible in the cut FS FMV)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the sketches and concept arts were awsome, you should go with them, they show clearly functionality and style.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Concept sketch's is for my vote. As Blubb said, it shows their functionality and style. But I also wanted to add that the concept art is alot better then renders, in my opinion.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The relative quality of concept art, renders and ingame units vary from unit to unit, I think we can all agree on at least that.

So with that in mind, I'd say take it one unit at a time, treat each unit seperately.

But a bit off topic, you could have done the same for buildings, even using your own creativity to improve upon the designs, yet you choose to recreate them as ingame, so if you're goal is to port TS to RA2, without unavoidable alteration because of engine related issues, which is what I understood from what you told me, just go with the ingame units.

Whatever you decide though, you always make it looking great.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i do improvements were they are realy neseccary. I belive that Turbine, HoN, Refinerys and GDI barracks looks better then prototypes... if is there something else to improve, you all may give a hints in a proper topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon